Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier league academy graduates 09:46 - Jun 27 with 1254 viewswrightsrightglove

Hadn’t realised that Taylor was in Chelsea’s academy until I read the stories yesterday. Seems to be fairly high on our priority list now that the players have come through premier league academies like Broadhead, Clarke and Taylor. I’m assuming them having that level of coaching from a young age potentially raises their ceiling ability?
Premier league academy graduates on 10:16 - Jun 27 with 1108 viewsSteve_M

Yes, but also, the Premier League clubs have snapped up so many kids that they have the vast majority of good youngsters in the first place.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Premier league academy graduates on 10:21 - Jun 27 with 1088 viewswrightsrightglove

Premier league academy graduates on 10:16 - Jun 27 by Steve_M

Yes, but also, the Premier League clubs have snapped up so many kids that they have the vast majority of good youngsters in the first place.

Yeah I suppose there’s two ways of looking at it, the chances are that the players we’re looking at are at a level where they’re most likely going to have been in a top level academy at some point. Just didn’t know if it’s a conscious decision to target them or just coincidence!
Premier league academy graduates on 10:46 - Jun 27 with 1006 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Given how hilariously bad Chelsea were last season, it’s great Taylor has found himself playing for a better side…
Premier league academy graduates on 10:51 - Jun 27 with 990 viewsHerbivore

Didn't he leave Chelsea at 15? Not sure that qualifies him as an academy graduate to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Premier league academy graduates on 11:32 - Jun 27 with 864 viewsPhilTWTD

Premier league academy graduates on 10:51 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

Didn't he leave Chelsea at 15? Not sure that qualifies him as an academy graduate to be fair.

He was there for seven years, so think that counts.
Premier league academy graduates on 11:41 - Jun 27 with 806 viewsGeoffSentence

Premier league academy graduates on 11:32 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

Yes but did he graduate? Haven't seen any pictures of him with a silly flat hat and a plastic tube.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 11:41]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Premier league academy graduates on 11:50 - Jun 27 with 763 viewsHerbivore

Premier league academy graduates on 11:32 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

Looks like he was actually 14 when he left. Have to agree to disagree on whether that qualifies him as an academy graduate. Dougie Howser might have graduated as a child, but most people don't graduate that young. For me an academy graduate is someone who earns pro terms at a club, like Broadhead or Davis. I'd see Humphreys as an academy graduate here, but not Ben Knight.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 11:50]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024