Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle 10:23 - Jul 12 with 8317 viewsTalkingBlues

for a brief moment, to all those suggesting we couldn’t compete with Coventry cos they had just received £20 million (it wasn’t, that was a figure in €, so roughly £17 million) do you still think we can’t compete on the money front?

£47 million pumped in already by the Pension mob and plenty more available.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:25 - Jul 12 with 3842 viewsBondiBlue

'Debacle'. Really?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:25 - Jul 12 with 3832 viewsN2_Blue

Do you ever stop?

You’re talking even more nonsense than usual. Stop making stuff up.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:26 - Jul 12 with 3816 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

debacle LOL.

Are you being sponsored to see how many down arrows you can get every day?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:28 - Jul 12 with 3789 viewsStokieBlue

The most surprising thing about this post is that you've successfully managed a currency conversion.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:28 - Jul 12 with 3780 viewsjayessess

Not sure how many times we need to go over FFP rules here.

The EFL caps the amount that clubs can spend relative to their revenue not relative to their owner's bank balance.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:29 - Jul 12 with 3760 viewsHorsham

Oh bloody hell. Make it stop.
Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:32 - Jul 12 with 3729 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don't forget TB that a fair chunk of that input would be going on the pitch refurbs which is millions itself, let alone e the staples demolition. I'm sure ( but also guessing) that a large majority of it will also just be similar to M.Es input but much larger, to minimise the losses.

We aren't skint.
The pot has money. But we are still a loss making club so there's a lot of balancing to do. And £7 transfers isn't the way to do It.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:34 - Jul 12 with 3698 viewsHereford_Blue

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:32 - Jul 12 by FrimleyBlue

Don't forget TB that a fair chunk of that input would be going on the pitch refurbs which is millions itself, let alone e the staples demolition. I'm sure ( but also guessing) that a large majority of it will also just be similar to M.Es input but much larger, to minimise the losses.

We aren't skint.
The pot has money. But we are still a loss making club so there's a lot of balancing to do. And £7 transfers isn't the way to do It.

I dunno - if we can start bringing players in for 7 quid I reckon it’ll make a pretty big difference
Login to get fewer ads

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:36 - Jul 12 with 3668 viewsKeno

what debacle is that??

just out of interest if you want to buy a mars bar Ive got one you can have for £50

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:37 - Jul 12 with 3636 viewsJ2BLUE

The debacle where we didn't bid for him and Hirst was clearly the number one target?

Oh and feel free to look back over my posts. I was saying Hirst would be the one we want before the news broke of him being here and Leicester were likely waiting for their other strikers to get back as they were short. Iheanacho returns and Hirst is here.

Not exactly something you needed a crystal ball for but you really are a bit dim.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:39 - Jul 12 with 3599 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:34 - Jul 12 by Hereford_Blue

I dunno - if we can start bringing players in for 7 quid I reckon it’ll make a pretty big difference

It would be a bit of a worry if we're baulking at a price of £7.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:40 - Jul 12 with 3577 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:34 - Jul 12 by Hereford_Blue

So good I don't even want to to edit that one lol

Waka waka eh eh

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:40 - Jul 12 with 3580 viewsSitfcB

This has to be that Elephant guy, right? Or has this already been pointed out??

Downvote troll farm account.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 10:41]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:41 - Jul 12 with 3559 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:36 - Jul 12 by Keno

what debacle is that??

just out of interest if you want to buy a mars bar Ive got one you can have for £50

I know you've offered it to TB. But is it battered?

Waka waka eh eh

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:45 - Jul 12 with 3490 viewsKeno

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:41 - Jul 12 by FrimleyBlue

I know you've offered it to TB. But is it battered?

It could be, but thats an extra £50

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:48 - Jul 12 with 3450 viewsTalkingBlues

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:28 - Jul 12 by jayessess

Not sure how many times we need to go over FFP rules here.

The EFL caps the amount that clubs can spend relative to their revenue not relative to their owner's bank balance.

Pretty sure we visited this stuff a few months ago and it was determined by those with greater knowledge on the subject, that the way the Pension mob were investing in the club meant that they could pump in as much as they wanted and the club were able to spend it, without attracting any FFP implications 🤷‍♂️

That was League 1, could be different rules for Championship? But as the money was brought in before we were in the Championship, League 1 rules would apply I guess.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:49 - Jul 12 with 3429 viewsyorkshireblue

I'm not sure you know double quotation marks mean do you?
Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:50 - Jul 12 with 3414 viewsTalkingBlues

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:28 - Jul 12 by StokieBlue

The most surprising thing about this post is that you've successfully managed a currency conversion.

SB

Thank you 😘

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:50 - Jul 12 with 3412 viewsSitfcB

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:36 - Jul 12 by Keno

what debacle is that??

Piss off I can get one down the road for £20.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 10:50]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:51 - Jul 12 with 3402 viewsTalkingBlues

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:32 - Jul 12 by FrimleyBlue

We aren't skint.

My understanding was that the initial £14 million’ish was paid to cover all those costs, the pitch, training ground, land next door etc
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 11:22]

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:52 - Jul 12 with 3379 viewsHorsham

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:48 - Jul 12 by TalkingBlues

Pretty sure we visited this stuff a few months ago and it was determined by those with greater knowledge on the subject, that the way the Pension mob were investing in the club meant that they could pump in as much as they wanted and the club were able to spend it, without attracting any FFP implications 🤷‍♂️

That was League 1, could be different rules for Championship? But as the money was brought in before we were in the Championship, League 1 rules would apply I guess.

The rules are different in the championship and the subject was dealt with in your other thread.
Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:54 - Jul 12 with 3346 viewsNutkins_Return

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:48 - Jul 12 by TalkingBlues

Not 'could be different rules' they are different rules for the championship. It will take you about 10 mins to read those rules and then you can up the level of your posts.
Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:54 - Jul 12 with 3341 viewsTalkingBlues

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:45 - Jul 12 by Keno

It could be, but thats an extra £50

I value a battered Mars Bar at £1.50 (give you £1 add on if I’m not sick afterwards) and that is my final offer 😀

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 10:57 - Jul 12 with 3306 viewshomer_123

What debacle?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just revisiting the “Simms” debacle on 11:01 - Jul 12 with 3252 viewsNthQldITFC

Poisonous, negative, budgie? My sympathies.

Edit: add miserable, jealous?
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 11:06]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024