Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tennis 16:34 - Jul 14 with 6409 viewsSitfcB

Been truly spoilt over the last ten years or so with Nadal, Federer, Murray and Djokovic.

Doesn’t seem the same watching Wimbledon these days without the other three, Novak still going strong but was always the least likeable and still is for some reason

I don’t think we will ever see domination like we did with those 4 all at once ever again in tennis.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tennis on 16:38 - Jul 14 with 2872 viewsJ2BLUE

It's such a shame Djokovic is such a knob. I hope he loses in the final unless he's playing a Russian.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tennis on 16:42 - Jul 14 with 2854 viewsHerbivore

Those three really. I love Murray, but he's won three majors whereas the others all have 20+. He did well to compete and regularly make semis and finals alongside them, but they were always just that bit better than him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tennis on 16:43 - Jul 14 with 2844 viewsLankHenners

Shame injuries caught up with the other 3 whereas the most unlikable one of the set has kept going.

Think part of it is his style of play, whilst obviously very impressive, is just boring as a spectacle whilst as a person he comes across as a tit.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tennis on 16:54 - Jul 14 with 2799 viewsthe_toff

I thought the same. I feel like there are less characters too, unless I'm just out of touch and being nostalgic. Growing up I loved watching Sampras, Agassi, Roddick, Henman, Rafter, Hewitt. Felt like a mixed bag in terms of personalities and playing styles, then more recently those you mentioned who have dominated for so long.

More stark on the womens side, the Williams sisters were absolute GOATS and you also had Davenport, Hingis, Graf, Novotna, Seles, Sharapova. I was also looking through the current top 20 recently and its basically a list of Eastern Europeans who all look and play the same way. Boring as.
Tennis on 16:55 - Jul 14 with 2787 viewshype313

Thought this was quite good.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tennis on 16:56 - Jul 14 with 2780 viewsBlueOura

Tennis on 16:38 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

It's such a shame Djokovic is such a knob. I hope he loses in the final unless he's playing a Russian.

Why is he a knob? because he has a different set of beliefs to you? Also why would you want any Russian to lose, are they all to blame for the situation in Ukraine? Strange post.
Tennis on 16:56 - Jul 14 with 2777 viewshype313

Tennis on 16:54 - Jul 14 by the_toff

I thought the same. I feel like there are less characters too, unless I'm just out of touch and being nostalgic. Growing up I loved watching Sampras, Agassi, Roddick, Henman, Rafter, Hewitt. Felt like a mixed bag in terms of personalities and playing styles, then more recently those you mentioned who have dominated for so long.

More stark on the womens side, the Williams sisters were absolute GOATS and you also had Davenport, Hingis, Graf, Novotna, Seles, Sharapova. I was also looking through the current top 20 recently and its basically a list of Eastern Europeans who all look and play the same way. Boring as.

Kygiros is the only one really with a personality these days.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tennis on 16:57 - Jul 14 with 2762 viewsSitfcB

Very much part of it yes, very boring.

Oh yeah for sure I couldn’t name the top female players these days where as a few years back could easily reel a few off.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Tennis on 16:59 - Jul 14 with 2750 viewsJ2BLUE

Tennis on 16:56 - Jul 14 by BlueOura

Why is he a knob? because he has a different set of beliefs to you? Also why would you want any Russian to lose, are they all to blame for the situation in Ukraine? Strange post.

The whole covid thing is just one example.

Clearly not but they were banned for a reason last year. Anything can be used a propaganda and a Russian winning one of the UK's premium events would no doubt be used. I have no problem with the individual.

Truly impaired.

Tennis on 16:59 - Jul 14 with 2748 viewsSitfcB

Tennis on 16:42 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

Those three really. I love Murray, but he's won three majors whereas the others all have 20+. He did well to compete and regularly make semis and finals alongside them, but they were always just that bit better than him.

Of course Murray certainly fourth in that list but he was always in and around with them, like you say just hasn’t got the trophies to match!

COYB

Tennis on 17:04 - Jul 14 with 2702 viewsLankHenners

A lot of the 'characters' often aren't the ones that get that deep into tournaments these days so aren't really in the public mind. Kyrgios is pretty much the exception in that regard, some of the Americans are entertaining players and personalities but haven't achieved enough to be well known like others in the past have done.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tennis on 17:08 - Jul 14 with 2669 viewsStokieBlue

Because he propagates false and dangerous information on numerous subjects?

His "Kosovo is the heart of Serbia" narrative also isn't helpful, especially given the Kosovans don't agree.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tennis on 17:10 - Jul 14 with 2661 viewsBlueBadger

Anti-vaxxing is by definition, a position for knobs.

Really stupid, selfish knobs.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 17:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tennis on 17:22 - Jul 14 with 2595 viewsVegtablue

There was a special period when they weren't, prior to his body giving up on him. I think his injury cheated us of what would have been a much long chapter succeeding in that company, when he found the consistent aggression required to reach the summit in 2016 and dominate the world that year really. Not to be though!
Tennis on 17:22 - Jul 14 with 2597 viewsBlueOura

Tennis on 17:10 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

Anti-vaxxing is by definition, a position for knobs.

Really stupid, selfish knobs.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 17:10]

He made a personal decision not to have the covid vaccine, which he is entitled to do. How does that amount to being an 'anti vaxxer'? Has he ever tried to preach to others on the subject ? Not that i've seen.
Tennis on 17:28 - Jul 14 with 2577 viewsBlueBadger

Tennis on 17:22 - Jul 14 by BlueOura

He made a personal decision not to have the covid vaccine, which he is entitled to do. How does that amount to being an 'anti vaxxer'? Has he ever tried to preach to others on the subject ? Not that i've seen.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-not-vaccinated-why-covid-vaccine

“Personally I am opposed to vaccination and I wouldn’t want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel,” Djokovic said on 19 April 2020.'

'And then in June he organised the controversial Adria Tour, an event which lacked social distancing, featured full crowds, and ultimately ended early when Covid-19 spread among the players and some of their close contacts.'
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 17:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tennis on 17:29 - Jul 14 with 2561 viewsJ2BLUE

Setting up that tournament during covid was stupid enough for 'knob' to be a valid description.

Truly impaired.

Tennis on 17:59 - Jul 14 with 2486 viewssolemio

Kyrgios has very severe mental health issues, which clearly explains his erratic and sometimes unacceptable behaviour. His mother has gone on record as saying that if Andy Murray had not spoken about Kyrgios's problems her son would probably no longer be alive.
Tennis on 18:03 - Jul 14 with 2470 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Have always felt a bit sorry for Murray. He would undoubtedly have won 12-15+ if he hadn't been about at the same time as the others. Even with one out of the equation I imagine he'd have won 7-10.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tennis on 18:05 - Jul 14 with 2464 viewsCheltenham_Blue

His position alone made him influence others by refusing to have the vaccine.
Its really not difficult to see that.

Tennis on 18:11 - Jul 14 with 2426 viewsstrikalite

This Alcaraz lad is the next big thing, has the lot, the final Sunday is going to be special..
Tennis on 18:11 - Jul 14 with 2425 viewsblueislander

Tennis on 17:59 - Jul 14 by solemio

Kyrgios has very severe mental health issues, which clearly explains his erratic and sometimes unacceptable behaviour. His mother has gone on record as saying that if Andy Murray had not spoken about Kyrgios's problems her son would probably no longer be alive.

Surprised that no one has mentioned Alcaraz . He is undoubtedly the best tennis player in the world right now. He has a bigger variety of shots than anyone. He also is the fastest player around. Having said that I think Djokovic will beat him , purely on mental strength.
Tennis on 18:13 - Jul 14 with 2406 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tennis on 18:11 - Jul 14 by blueislander

Surprised that no one has mentioned Alcaraz . He is undoubtedly the best tennis player in the world right now. He has a bigger variety of shots than anyone. He also is the fastest player around. Having said that I think Djokovic will beat him , purely on mental strength.

Mainly because the conversation was about Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray.

Tennis on 18:13 - Jul 14 with 2404 viewsredrickstuhaart

He then sought to deceive people about it. His Dad wonders around with a big Z on his shirt when following him at tournaments.
Tennis on 18:15 - Jul 14 with 2386 viewsredrickstuhaart

Tennis on 18:03 - Jul 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

Have always felt a bit sorry for Murray. He would undoubtedly have won 12-15+ if he hadn't been about at the same time as the others. Even with one out of the equation I imagine he'd have won 7-10.

I dont think so. He was always a tier below all 3 of them. And whilst its unusual to have 3 so strong, its not really unusual to have one or two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024