Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson 09:43 - Jul 25 with 12014 viewsRegencyBlue

Already wants out at Huddersfield and available for loan apparently.

And no, I’m not suggesting we take him!

Tyreece Simpson on 11:07 - Jul 25 with 2600 viewsITFCBlues

Tyreece Simpson on 09:54 - Jul 25 by Parky

I’ll guess now that Chirewa’s career will take a similar path in a year or two’s time.

One where he will get paid more than the paltry amounts we're offering to pay him you mean?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Blimey Chickers..... on 11:09 - Jul 25 with 2581 viewschicoazul

Blimey Chickers..... on 11:02 - Jul 25 by Bloots

...I didn't expect you to jump on the "everything is racist" bandwagon!

Probably shouldn't randomly accuse posters of being racist, it's quite an insult to chuck around and a dangerous route to go down.

Chill fam.

It’s happened for years. Recently some mojo on here was criticising Ndaba for his car choice. Has a nice car you see, should tone it down, bad attitude, little bit billy big balls etc

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tyreece Simpson on 11:10 - Jul 25 with 2577 viewsKievthegreat

Tyreece Simpson on 10:27 - Jul 25 by hype313

You sound like a jilted lover, he decided ITFC wasn't the best place for him at that particular time, and at the time he was looking at Bonne and Norwood ahead of him who neither could buy a goal so thought he'd try elsewhere.

I find it odd how some fans get so irate when a player leaves, they take it personally and then start throwing out 'toxic character' without foundation.

He may have been ill advised at best, but players have to do what's best for them at the time.

TBF the reason Bonne and Norwood were ahead of him was at least in part due to the contract dispute. I imagine that had he signed the new deal, he probably would have had some game time as Bonne couldn't buy a goal and Norwood was on his way out.
Tyreece Simpson on 11:10 - Jul 25 with 2564 viewsChurchman

Tyreece Simpson on 10:50 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

Now that I’ve pointed it out you’ll notice it. Happens all the time. Young black footballers here are held to a completely different standard from the James Scowcrofts of this world. Constantly criticised for their attitude their appearance their technique versus athleticism etc. You’ll see.

Do you have any examples or is this just your perception?

It doesn’t happen all the time and nor does it happen on this forum. I think it is out of order for you to suggest it does.
Tyreece Simpson on 11:12 - Jul 25 with 2548 viewsArnieM

Lol. He’ll be one of life’s entitled footballers who does the loan/ transfer merry-go-round. Should have stayed here and knuckled down to learn his trade. No sympathy at all.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Blimey Chickers..... on 11:13 - Jul 25 with 2537 viewsyesjohn99

Blimey Chickers..... on 11:09 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

It’s happened for years. Recently some mojo on here was criticising Ndaba for his car choice. Has a nice car you see, should tone it down, bad attitude, little bit billy big balls etc

Same as when Connor Wickham turned up in a brand new Range Rover.
Tyreece Simpson on 11:13 - Jul 25 with 2536 viewsBiGDonnie

Now that I’ve pointed it out you’ll notice it. Happens all the time. Young black footballers here are held to a completely different standard from the James Scowcrofts of this world. Constantly criticised for their attitude their appearance their technique versus athleticism etc. You’ll see.

Honestly, I can't say I've ever seen or read it on TWTD. Absolutely certain it'd be shot down immediately.

I want Simpson to fail simply because he acted a prat and turned us down, I'm petty like that - see also Liam Gibbs, who I can't wait to see crunched by Morsy.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Tyreece Simpson on 11:15 - Jul 25 with 2522 viewsyesjohn99

Yeah, Scowie was given no stick at all in his early days here!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Blimey Chickers..... on 11:15 - Jul 25 with 2516 viewsMattinLondon

Blimey Chickers..... on 11:13 - Jul 25 by yesjohn99

Same as when Connor Wickham turned up in a brand new Range Rover.

More of a case that young lads who are perceived to be working class should know their place. Same reason why a lot of people label footballers as thick. Jealously and vindictiveness.
Tyreece Simpson on 11:16 - Jul 25 with 2512 viewsJ2BLUE

Tyreece Simpson on 11:10 - Jul 25 by Churchman

Do you have any examples or is this just your perception?

It doesn’t happen all the time and nor does it happen on this forum. I think it is out of order for you to suggest it does.

It's based on a grain of a truth from back in the day when a small number of posters were a little ignorant with the language they used.

Those posters either no longer post or very rarely post. Now Chico brings this up regularly and seems to deliberately twist things to see what he wants to see.

Perhaps a better strategy would be to ask what someone means rather than jump in with accusations of racism when it's much more likely to be the similar situation in which the two of them will leave the club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Blimey Chickers..... on 11:17 - Jul 25 with 2499 viewsStewart27

Blimey Chickers..... on 11:09 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

That literally happened with George Hirst’s car choice 2 weeks ago!

You’ve gone down a bad path here with all this racism malarkey.

No need to keep digging the hole.
Tyreece Simpson on 11:18 - Jul 25 with 2483 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Tyreece Simpson on 11:13 - Jul 25 by BiGDonnie

Honestly, I can't say I've ever seen or read it on TWTD. Absolutely certain it'd be shot down immediately.

I want Simpson to fail simply because he acted a prat and turned us down, I'm petty like that - see also Liam Gibbs, who I can't wait to see crunched by Morsy.

Did he act a prat though ?

He didn't sign a contract because he didn't think it was right for him ? What's happened since is largely irrelevant but it really isn't that outrageous.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Tyreece Simpson on 11:24 - Jul 25 with 2446 viewsitfcsuth

Tyreece Simpson on 09:57 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

Clockwork. TWTD disgraces itself every time.

This forum does have it spats, but rarely ever (if at all) have I seen racism on the forum - and very unfair to label 'TWTD' as collective like that.

One of my favourite ever Town players is Darren Bent, a young, black, talented academy product that was absolutely brilliant for Town.
Tyreece Simpson on 11:24 - Jul 25 with 2439 viewschicoazul

Tyreece Simpson on 10:56 - Jul 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

You are 100% correct. Its been happening for years.

Raheem Sterling was the prime example.

Tyreece Simpson gets recalled from a loan he was excelling at and then doesn't want to sign a contract because he is not is not sure there is a pathway here and then isn't allowed back out on loan and is upset. Both parties there, the club and the player are entirely justified in their positions imo.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 10:56]

Thank you.
Yeah the way the Mail in particular treated Sterling was a disgrace.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tyreece Simpson on 11:27 - Jul 25 with 2417 viewsBig_Jase

Tyreece Simpson on 11:18 - Jul 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

Did he act a prat though ?

He didn't sign a contract because he didn't think it was right for him ? What's happened since is largely irrelevant but it really isn't that outrageous.

Signed a long term contract with far superior wages in a league higher than we were at the time. People struggle to look at things objectively when it comes to their own club.

He would have been rightly annoyed at being recalled, and was then offered wages that weren’t in line with others at his level.

People wishing to see him fail are quite frankly a bit odd.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Tyreece Simpson on 11:30 - Jul 25 with 2388 viewsSitfcB

Tyreece Simpson on 10:30 - Jul 25 by MattinLondon

Is Richard Wright black? Plenty of negativity regarding his career. Whereas Kieron Dyer is seen in a positive light.

I’m sure there are some racists on here but Phil and Gav won’t tolerate racism on here so it’s completely unfair to state that ‘TWTD disgraces itself again’ as what you did on an earlier post.

Chico tries to come across as a moral guardian but instead sounds like a tit.

Edit. Most young players that have gone to bigger clubs academies have been heavily criticised. Even Liam Gibbs and he went to a bunch of inbreds.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 10:34]

Flynn Downes as well.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tyreece Simpson on 11:35 - Jul 25 with 2365 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Tyreece Simpson on 11:27 - Jul 25 by Big_Jase

Signed a long term contract with far superior wages in a league higher than we were at the time. People struggle to look at things objectively when it comes to their own club.

He would have been rightly annoyed at being recalled, and was then offered wages that weren’t in line with others at his level.

People wishing to see him fail are quite frankly a bit odd.

100%

I feel like Ashton said some strong words about the situation (which I didn't like personally, i thought it was unfair) and everyone bit.

Why would anyone sing a contract they didn't think was right for them, footballer or not.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Tyreece Simpson on 11:36 - Jul 25 with 2358 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Tyreece Simpson on 10:56 - Jul 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

You are 100% correct. Its been happening for years.

Raheem Sterling was the prime example.

Tyreece Simpson gets recalled from a loan he was excelling at and then doesn't want to sign a contract because he is not is not sure there is a pathway here and then isn't allowed back out on loan and is upset. Both parties there, the club and the player are entirely justified in their positions imo.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 10:56]

Tbf he was recalled because he didn't want to sign the contract, a small point but important for context.

Time will tell with Simpson but I think anyone that leaves us in the manner he did will cop it on here from time to time.

Ultimately time will tell if it was a wise decision or not. He has time on his side ATM but as we know, it doesn't wait

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Tyreece Simpson on 11:45 - Jul 25 with 2322 viewsN2_Blue

Tyreece Simpson on 10:22 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

Come off it Cal. Every time TWTD talks about a young black itfc footballer it’s the same, it’s been like that since at least Danny Haynes.

What an utterly ridiculous comment and totally inaccurate and disrespectful to the TWTD fan basis.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Tyreece Simpson on 11:45 - Jul 25 with 2319 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Tyreece Simpson on 11:36 - Jul 25 by BlueandTruesince82

Tbf he was recalled because he didn't want to sign the contract, a small point but important for context.

Time will tell with Simpson but I think anyone that leaves us in the manner he did will cop it on here from time to time.

Ultimately time will tell if it was a wise decision or not. He has time on his side ATM but as we know, it doesn't wait

"Tbf he was recalled because he didn't want to sign the contract, a small point but important for context."

Sorry should've been clearer, but that's my justification for the last point where i say I understand why the club recalled him, I don't think that was the wrong decision by any means.

The same way i don't think Simpson was in the wrong for not signing. That is just football I guess.

Tyreece Simpson on 11:46 - Jul 25 with 2315 viewsN2_Blue

Tyreece Simpson on 10:30 - Jul 25 by MattinLondon

Is Richard Wright black? Plenty of negativity regarding his career. Whereas Kieron Dyer is seen in a positive light.

I’m sure there are some racists on here but Phil and Gav won’t tolerate racism on here so it’s completely unfair to state that ‘TWTD disgraces itself again’ as what you did on an earlier post.

Chico tries to come across as a moral guardian but instead sounds like a tit.

Edit. Most young players that have gone to bigger clubs academies have been heavily criticised. Even Liam Gibbs and he went to a bunch of inbreds.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 10:34]

Well said

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Tyreece Simpson on 11:53 - Jul 25 with 2284 viewsReusersTown

You've chosen to highlight specifically one of the most criticised youth products of the modern era to prove your point? You're coming across a bit of an odd character, that or a troll.
Tyreece Simpson on 11:59 - Jul 25 with 2268 viewsHighgateBlue

Tyreece Simpson on 09:57 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

Clockwork. TWTD disgraces itself every time.

If an individual poster has disgraced him or herself, then fine, put your view across that that's what's happened. But TWTD as a whole cannot possibly be fairly impugned in this way.

FWIW I've always been disappointed that Simpson did not stay, and I've always sought to defend him when his character was criticised by some. I do think we have to be careful when rushing to conclusions about a player's motives, or about what they may or may not have been offered by the club. It always seemed a little unfair on Simpson to recall him from a loan on which he was on fire, impressing and improving, not let him play any kind of games, get rid of him and then criticise him for deciding to leave. The likes of Downes didn't receive the same level or type of criticism for wanting to leave. But even if racism played any kind of part in that (and it's a big if - I tend to assume that people hold their views honestly and without excessive bias, even if I disagree with them), it was never a large number of posters, let alone the spirit of the board as a whole.
Struggle to find anyone whiter! (n/t) on 12:06 - Jul 25 with 2244 viewsBloots

Tyreece Simpson on 11:30 - Jul 25 by SitfcB

Flynn Downes as well.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Tyreece Simpson on 12:18 - Jul 25 with 2220 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson on 11:45 - Jul 25 by N2_Blue

What an utterly ridiculous comment and totally inaccurate and disrespectful to the TWTD fan basis.

Indeed, deeply offensive to other users - and to us as admins, to be honest - and without foundation. The comments re Simpson are no different to those made about Caolan Lavery when in a not dissimilar position a few years back.

Lavery Could Join Kilmarnock 12th Jan 2012 03:02
Former Town striker Caolan Lavery could be joining SPL side Kilmarnock after his move to Bradford City broke down. The Northern Ireland U21 international turned down a Blues contract at the end of his Academy scholarship in October, subsequently spending time on trial at Sunderland, Leicester and then Bradford. 23

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024