Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The police are useless 10:27 - Jul 27 with 5069 viewschicoazul

How much longer must we put up with this hopeless lazy corrupt organisation run by weak stupid people?

Co-op warns rising crime could create 'no-go' areas for shops https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66323140

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The police are useless on 11:05 - Jul 28 with 1244 viewschicoazul

The police are useless on 11:29 - Jul 27 by leitrimblue

There is very little point doubting their uselessness. The problem is who the feck would you replace them with? It's a sh1te job for probably sh1te pay. That's half the reason it attracts the kinda morons it does

I would replace it with the institution Peel intended with regular foot patrol, deep knowledge of local communities, and open all hours police stations like we had before they were mostly sold off.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

The police are useless on 11:27 - Jul 28 with 1218 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The police are useless on 11:05 - Jul 28 by chicoazul

I would replace it with the institution Peel intended with regular foot patrol, deep knowledge of local communities, and open all hours police stations like we had before they were mostly sold off.

Radical stuff there - so essentially as they were before Conservative cuts?

And a timely reminder what they are up against:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66319779
The police are useless on 11:34 - Jul 28 with 1206 viewschicoazul

The police are useless on 11:27 - Jul 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Radical stuff there - so essentially as they were before Conservative cuts?

And a timely reminder what they are up against:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66319779

Indeed. Austerity is one of the worst things to ever happen to this country.
I don’t t know why some people seem to think I’m a Tory. I’m right wing, not a Tory.

The police are useless on 11:46 - Jul 28 with 1185 viewsdave26itfc

The police are useless on 11:34 - Jul 28 by chicoazul

Indeed. Austerity is one of the worst things to ever happen to this country.
I don’t t know why some people seem to think I’m a Tory. I’m right wing, not a Tory.

I work as a Detective Constable in the MET. I don’t wish to particularly get dragged into a wider argument about policing. However, in response to this specific article relating to retail crime this is very frustrating.

Retail crime and assaults on shop staff is very prevalent, however as always the article is misleading.

If the offence is reported to police it will always be followed up, however this does not necessarily mean a visit in person from the police.

This could be for a multitude of reasons:
- if it is a shop lifting offence of a low value it may not be in the public’s best interest to conduct a full criminal investigation due to the resources that will be required, however if this is the case then advice will be given to the retailer on crime prevention, banning orders and so on.
- in order for an investigation to proceed, any shop staff that is assaulted has to be willing to support police action, which in most cases means being prepared to give a formal statement and attend court to give evidence. Many shop staff are not willing to do these, therefore the case cannot proceed.
- in order for a an investigation to be successful, evidence has to be present. In the case of many shoplifting offences or assaults this would require sufficient cctv coverage to be available and in many cases this is not present.
- very often even if CCTV is present, it is of horrendous quality or shop staff do not know how to utilise the cctv system.
- even if CCTV is present and an image of good quality I’d available, it has to be circulated and somebody has to to recognise the suspect involved to identify them.

These are just a few of the reasons that retail crime is very difficult to prosecute.
The police are useless on 12:00 - Jul 28 with 1170 viewsBlueNomad

This thread says more about the OP than it does the subject.

Right wing, reactionary views formed through ignorance and a lack of any appreciation of the complexities of modern human life in a “developed” society. What’s more it shows a complete lack of imagination.

To top it all he wants the expense of returning to what policing was forty years ago - and there were people coming up with the same rubbish then!

As someone suggested, perhaps he should join the Specials in order to gain an insight so that he could comment with credibility, particularly after being assaulted and spat on on a Saturday night.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 12:02]
The police are useless on 18:12 - Jul 28 with 1104 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Useless police risking (or in this case laying down) their life to respond to emergencies and people in need of help:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-64471386

Perhaps, hypothetically, the OP would be happy knowing that none of the overworked and overtired police officers rushed to his aid when he needed it because they were all too busy tackling the shoplifters instead.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 18:12]

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

The police are useless on 18:54 - Jul 28 with 1083 viewsBlueNomad

The police are useless on 18:12 - Jul 28 by ThisIsMyUsername

Useless police risking (or in this case laying down) their life to respond to emergencies and people in need of help:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-64471386

Perhaps, hypothetically, the OP would be happy knowing that none of the overworked and overtired police officers rushed to his aid when he needed it because they were all too busy tackling the shoplifters instead.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 18:12]

As I said, the OP has revealed a lot about himself.

RIP Pc Dumphreys.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 18:55]
The police are useless on 19:56 - Jul 28 with 1058 viewsJuggsy

The police are useless on 05:07 - Jul 28 by noggin

All too easy to stage protests? Maybe you should consider moving to North Korea.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 6:31]

Bit glib mate.

All to easy to stage protests which turn into riots. All to easy to use social media to attract massive crowds, half of which don't give a toss about the reason for the protest and will use it to incite violence and crime. The terminally feckless seem to be attracted too which is why you currently see a plethora of OAPs who have happily exploited the earth their whole life jumping around throwing orange powder at various sporting events.

I'm all for peaceful protests when the people protesting have a genuine interest in the reason.
Login to get fewer ads

The police are useless on 20:18 - Jul 28 with 1035 viewsGlasgowBlue

Zenyatta Mondatta was a bit meh but the rest of their stuff was pretty decent. I wouldn't call them useless.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The police are useless on 23:59 - Jul 28 with 995 viewschicoazul

The police are useless on 18:54 - Jul 28 by BlueNomad

As I said, the OP has revealed a lot about himself.

RIP Pc Dumphreys.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 18:55]

RIP Jean Charles de Menezes and a whole bunch of other poor unfortunate people too?
https://www.inquest.org.uk/bame-deaths-in-police-custody

The police are useless on 00:28 - Jul 29 with 985 viewsBlueNomad

The police are useless on 23:59 - Jul 28 by chicoazul

RIP Jean Charles de Menezes and a whole bunch of other poor unfortunate people too?
https://www.inquest.org.uk/bame-deaths-in-police-custody

You don’t come out of this with credit
The police are useless on 00:40 - Jul 29 with 982 viewschicoazul

The police are useless on 00:28 - Jul 29 by BlueNomad

You don’t come out of this with credit

Why would I care what you think?
The police are corrupt useless and dangerous. So many people get so animated when I point out this simple fact.

The police are useless on 00:43 - Jul 29 with 981 viewsBlueNomad

The police are useless on 00:40 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

The police are corrupt useless and dangerous. So many people get so animated when I point out this simple fact.

I had a good friend who was a cop. He stayed past his retirement date because he loved his job. One day he stopped to help a motorist and was struck by a speeding car. He died instantly. Call him corrupt, lazy and useless

All you can do is start a ridiculous thread.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 0:45]
The police are useless on 02:23 - Jul 29 with 954 viewsHARRY10

The police are useless on 00:40 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

Police officers have been found to be corrupt, and criminal. That is not all officers, in fact it is a very small number.

Tory MPs have been found to be corrupt, liars and have been jailed for serious offences. A far, far greater percentage than police officers.

You are a Tory, should we, by your own measure, state that you are corrupt, a liar and have been convicted of a criminal offence.

Of course not

You are only a liar
The police are useless on 07:21 - Jul 29 with 908 viewschicoazul

The police are useless on 02:23 - Jul 29 by HARRY10

Police officers have been found to be corrupt, and criminal. That is not all officers, in fact it is a very small number.

Tory MPs have been found to be corrupt, liars and have been jailed for serious offences. A far, far greater percentage than police officers.

You are a Tory, should we, by your own measure, state that you are corrupt, a liar and have been convicted of a criminal offence.

Of course not

You are only a liar

Harold I literally told you I’m not a Tory. I hate the Tory party.

The police are useless on 08:48 - Jul 29 with 889 viewsDJR

The police are useless on 11:46 - Jul 28 by dave26itfc

I work as a Detective Constable in the MET. I don’t wish to particularly get dragged into a wider argument about policing. However, in response to this specific article relating to retail crime this is very frustrating.

Retail crime and assaults on shop staff is very prevalent, however as always the article is misleading.

If the offence is reported to police it will always be followed up, however this does not necessarily mean a visit in person from the police.

- if it is a shop lifting offence of a low value it may not be in the public’s best interest to conduct a full criminal investigation due to the resources that will be required, however if this is the case then advice will be given to the retailer on crime prevention, banning orders and so on.
- in order for an investigation to proceed, any shop staff that is assaulted has to be willing to support police action, which in most cases means being prepared to give a formal statement and attend court to give evidence. Many shop staff are not willing to do these, therefore the case cannot proceed.
- in order for a an investigation to be successful, evidence has to be present. In the case of many shoplifting offences or assaults this would require sufficient cctv coverage to be available and in many cases this is not present.
- very often even if CCTV is present, it is of horrendous quality or shop staff do not know how to utilise the cctv system.
- even if CCTV is present and an image of good quality I’d available, it has to be circulated and somebody has to to recognise the suspect involved to identify them.

These are just a few of the reasons that retail crime is very difficult to prosecute.

Thanks for that insight. Things are often more nuanced than the media and others would have you believe.
The police are useless on 09:23 - Jul 29 with 855 viewsnoggin

The police are useless on 07:21 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

Harold I literally told you I’m not a Tory. I hate the Tory party.

They're far too left wing for you. 🙄

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The police are useless on 09:40 - Jul 29 with 836 viewsEastAnglianBoy

Police are too busy to deal with stupid rows about "trans rights"- whatever the hell they are- to deal with actual crimes..
The police are useless on 09:57 - Jul 29 with 809 viewsredrickstuhaart

The police are useless on 09:40 - Jul 29 by EastAnglianBoy

Police are too busy to deal with stupid rows about "trans rights"- whatever the hell they are- to deal with actual crimes..

Lets see some examples.
The police are useless on 10:03 - Jul 29 with 785 viewsDJR

The police are useless on 09:40 - Jul 29 by EastAnglianBoy

My understanding is that most of these rows take place on the internet, and are just not the sort of things that the police will get involved in, let alone take sides.

Of course, a public debate on such issues might give rise to public order issues, but surely you are not suggesting the police don't get involved to maintain the peace, if that is indeed even necessary?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 10:03]
The police are useless on 10:07 - Jul 29 with 766 viewschicoazul

The police are useless on 09:23 - Jul 29 by noggin

They're far too left wing for you. 🙄

Correct!

The police are useless on 10:09 - Jul 29 with 765 viewseireblue

The police are useless on 11:46 - Jul 28 by dave26itfc

I appreciate the lack of resources, and having to prioritise.

Is the stat in the article wrong or presented incorrectly.

“The Co-op said a Freedom of Information request had shown many police forces did not prioritise retail crime, with, on average, 71% of serious retail crime not responded to by police”

The list of your points from your experience are of course valid, but seem to apply, post turning up.
E.g. is that stat misleading, or is the case that some shops will have good CCTV, as example, but there is not enough resource to turn up at a much higher percentage of instances to gather data/statements.
The police are useless on 10:50 - Jul 29 with 717 viewsSwansea_Blue

The police are useless on 20:18 - Jul 28 by GlasgowBlue

Zenyatta Mondatta was a bit meh but the rest of their stuff was pretty decent. I wouldn't call them useless.

Really? It had me driven to tears.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The police are useless on 11:20 - Jul 29 with 686 viewsBlueNomad

Let this put the OP’s assertion about lazy, corrupt, dangerous, useless police to bed once and for all. An officer who put himself back on duty to protect the public paid with his life. All the OP can do is put sweeping comments on-line in order to prove his ignorance.

https://news.sky.com/story/manhunt-after-police-officer-shot-dead-10476358
The police are useless on 11:45 - Jul 29 with 676 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have to say Chico that this is fantastic work. Only you could unite the board on unprecedented support for the Police and the very difficult job that they do.

All I've ever known on TWTD is shouts of ACAB, misogyny, brutality, institutionalised racism and corruption.

I honestly can't think of another poster who could get so many on here to take an opposite view. Well done.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024