Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When you’re out there on your own 21:19 - Jul 28 with 957 viewsFtnfwest

RIP Randy Meisner
When you’re out there on your own on 21:33 - Jul 28 with 906 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

When you’re out there on your own on 22:03 - Jul 28 with 864 viewsFtnfwest

When you’re out there on your own on 21:33 - Jul 28 by GlasgowBlue

Try and love again and certain kind of fool are some of the eagles finest
When you’re out there on your own on 07:43 - Jul 29 with 738 viewsDJR

When you’re out there on your own on 21:33 - Jul 28 by GlasgowBlue

Even though I bought the album from which this track was taken when it first came out, I hadn't realised until now that Meisner was the vocalist, because his main role was as bassist and backing vocalist.
When you’re out there on your own on 07:49 - Jul 29 with 722 viewsDJR

Sticking with the Eagles' theme, The Last Resort, along with Lyin' Eyes, are my two favourite Eagles' songs. Meisner played on both, but I don't think I've ever heard The Last Resort played on the radio. Admittedly, it is very long, but I don't even recall anyone singing its praises in print or elsewhere. The way it builds to a crescendo at the end is fantastic.

EDIT: It only makes it to 27 on this Rolling Stones' list of their 40 best songs, and ranks just above "The Disco Strangler" which I can't say I've ever heard of. Its ranking is rather bizarre to me because I always thought The Last Resort had echoes of Deperado which is at number 3.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/the-40-greatest-eagles-songs-7798
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 11:03]
When you’re out there on your own on 08:11 - Jul 29 with 663 viewsFtnfwest

When you’re out there on your own on 07:43 - Jul 29 by DJR

Even though I bought the album from which this track was taken when it first came out, I hadn't realised until now that Meisner was the vocalist, because his main role was as bassist and backing vocalist.

Although Henley and Frey wrote most of the songs, the others would contribute their own songs as well and on the first 5 albums there’s a Randy meisner song with him on lead vocals.
When you’re out there on your own on 08:38 - Jul 29 with 629 viewsDJR

When you’re out there on your own on 08:11 - Jul 29 by Ftnfwest

Although Henley and Frey wrote most of the songs, the others would contribute their own songs as well and on the first 5 albums there’s a Randy meisner song with him on lead vocals.

Yes, I hadn't realised that.
When you’re out there on your own on 08:41 - Jul 29 with 626 viewsDJR

When you’re out there on your own on 07:49 - Jul 29 by DJR

Sticking with the Eagles' theme, The Last Resort, along with Lyin' Eyes, are my two favourite Eagles' songs. Meisner played on both, but I don't think I've ever heard The Last Resort played on the radio. Admittedly, it is very long, but I don't even recall anyone singing its praises in print or elsewhere. The way it builds to a crescendo at the end is fantastic.

EDIT: It only makes it to 27 on this Rolling Stones' list of their 40 best songs, and ranks just above "The Disco Strangler" which I can't say I've ever heard of. Its ranking is rather bizarre to me because I always thought The Last Resort had echoes of Deperado which is at number 3.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/the-40-greatest-eagles-songs-7798
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 11:03]

This is what Don Henley said about The Last Resort.

"'The Last Resort', on Hotel California, is still one of my favourite songs... That's because I care more about the environment than about writing songs about drugs or love affairs or excesses of any kind. The gist of the song was that when we find something good, we destroy it by our presence — by the very fact that man is the only animal on earth that is capable of destroying his environment. The environment is the reason I got into politics: to try to do something about what I saw as the complete destruction of most of the resources that we have left. We have mortgaged our future for gain and greed."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024