Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really hope we bring in one or two this week 17:23 - Jul 30 with 1821 viewschenners17

Would be ideal if we can get at least one of the new signings in this week, to imbed them into the team ready for Stoke at home.

Cannot imagine anyone coming in this week will start at Sunderland unless they have been playing a lot of minutes for their current club
Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 17:38 - Jul 30 with 1758 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I’d expect one, but at this point, given McKenna’s previous with wanting players up to the level of fitness and intensity he wants before they go into the side, it’s unlikely they’ll start against Stoke.

Maybe off the bench. Took a few weeks for Hirst to get a start if I recall.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 17:39 - Jul 30 with 1753 viewsWestSussexBlue

According to MA we are looking at bringing in 2 or 3 more and we’re a fair way down the road with them so that’s promising. I agree, this week would be good ahead of the season proper beginning and my guess is we’ll see the Burnley defender lad in before the weekend.
Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 17:51 - Jul 30 with 1692 viewsjayessess

Not sure it makes much odds whether they come in tomorrow or in 2-3 weeks. Ideally you want players to do pre-season with you, but now that ship has sailed it's only a matter of a game here or there.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 18:00 - Jul 30 with 1647 viewsfranz_tyson

You'd think anybody who comes in would have had a pre-season already. It's not like Kieran invented pre-season. Davis came straight into the team virtually off the plane from Australia. Its only 1 game out of 46 so does it really matter who starts against Sunderland.
Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 18:26 - Jul 30 with 1535 viewsgreyhound

Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 18:00 - Jul 30 by franz_tyson

You'd think anybody who comes in would have had a pre-season already. It's not like Kieran invented pre-season. Davis came straight into the team virtually off the plane from Australia. Its only 1 game out of 46 so does it really matter who starts against Sunderland.

He did but he wasn't that good on that first game. So whoever comes in from here on my expectations will be seriously tempered until we're 4 or 5 games in.

Ashton stating were looking at players across the board, just makes me worry that we don't do a hap hazard last few days like last summers window which resulted in a couple of poor additions that did nothing but bloat the squad and cost the physio department energy.
Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 18:26 - Jul 30 with 1532 viewsMeltonBlue

Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 17:38 - Jul 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I’d expect one, but at this point, given McKenna’s previous with wanting players up to the level of fitness and intensity he wants before they go into the side, it’s unlikely they’ll start against Stoke.

Maybe off the bench. Took a few weeks for Hirst to get a start if I recall.

I was thinking this but then Davis started at LB against Bolton last season despite being on Australian time..
Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 19:28 - Jul 30 with 1338 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm gonna guess 2 in by Wednesday.
1 more in by end August
3 out. 2 loans. One sold.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 19:34 - Jul 30 with 1311 viewsYallop2

Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 18:00 - Jul 30 by franz_tyson

100% this it's about getting the right player more than anything else. Broadhead and Clarke joined mid season and proved if you're quality you'll fit in.
Login to get fewer ads

Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 19:36 - Jul 30 with 1297 viewsvilanovablue

Think we're going to have to expect complex negotiations, getting Hirst and Taylor done early is a bonus.
Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 19:40 - Jul 30 with 1275 viewsfranz_tyson

Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 18:26 - Jul 30 by greyhound

He did but he wasn't that good on that first game. So whoever comes in from here on my expectations will be seriously tempered until we're 4 or 5 games in.

Ashton stating were looking at players across the board, just makes me worry that we don't do a hap hazard last few days like last summers window which resulted in a couple of poor additions that did nothing but bloat the squad and cost the physio department energy.

Maybe we've learnt lessons. Camara and Ahadme cost us and no-one knows that better than Ashton.
Just remember the year before we got Morsy and Walton on the last day ( and Celina if he floats your boat).
I think things are a bit more settled now and we will only bring in someone if he can be an improvement.
Really hope we bring in one or two this week on 10:03 - Jul 31 with 673 viewswischip

How many spaces do we have remaining, if any, in our 25 man squad we have to declare ? Or does someone have to go on loan before we can get one in ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024