Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town in 5 etc 12:55 - Aug 7 with 1726 viewsnrb1985

Has this gone behind the Town Tv pay wall along with McKenna’s interviews and the extended highlights?

Can’t say I’m supportive of this if so. Think it’s an own goal. The YouTube content was great and really did a good job of promoting the club to the “outside world”.
Town in 5 etc on 12:59 - Aug 7 with 1680 viewsLankHenners

The game was last evening give them a chance!

McKenna's interview is free on Town TV, as all the pre- and post-match interviews have been, and they haven't got round to posting extended highlights yet (shortened ones on YouTube).

Town in 5 always in the evening the day after a game, would be surprised if they paywalled that.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Town in 5 etc on 12:59 - Aug 7 with 1673 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's 1PM on Monday and it was a late night Sunday game hundreds of miles away - chances are it just isn't done yet.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Town in 5 etc on 13:02 - Aug 7 with 1635 viewsnrb1985

Town in 5 etc on 12:59 - Aug 7 by LankHenners

The game was last evening give them a chance!

McKenna's interview is free on Town TV, as all the pre- and post-match interviews have been, and they haven't got round to posting extended highlights yet (shortened ones on YouTube).

Town in 5 always in the evening the day after a game, would be surprised if they paywalled that.

Ah yes - sorry ignore me I was being stupid. Had in my mind that Town in 5 is usually up on a Sunday night…forgetting of course that Sunday was yesterday…

Hope very much they continue to stick that content on YouTube.
Town in 5 etc on 13:12 - Aug 7 with 1526 viewsSteve_M

Town in 5 etc on 13:02 - Aug 7 by nrb1985

Ah yes - sorry ignore me I was being stupid. Had in my mind that Town in 5 is usually up on a Sunday night…forgetting of course that Sunday was yesterday…

The alternative angles of the goals are on Twitter:

Town in Five will be up later I'm sure.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town in 5 etc on 13:17 - Aug 7 with 1467 viewsLankHenners

Town in 5 etc on 13:02 - Aug 7 by nrb1985

No problem, I confused myself earlier wondering why we have the cup game on Wednesday rather than tomorrow before realising the obvious.

Be interesting to see what they do, very popular content so an argument both ways for keeping it free and accessible vs using it as an incentive to get people signed up. Would hope/imagine it's the former.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Town in 5 etc on 13:18 - Aug 7 with 1446 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I do agree the content should be free - we should be looking to keep the more ‘casual’ fans interested and engaged. Something we’ve been really good at under Gamechanger, and hopefully the case going forward.

On a related note, my nephew has come out as a Town fan over the weekend. Previously a Spammer, he’s seen the light after attending the Derby (h) last season. Not sure he was ever that into West Ham, mainly went with his old man because he liked football and the season tickets are so cheap. Anyway always good to build our support base!
Town in 5 etc on 13:31 - Aug 7 with 1333 viewsnrb1985

Town in 5 etc on 13:18 - Aug 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I do agree the content should be free - we should be looking to keep the more ‘casual’ fans interested and engaged. Something we’ve been really good at under Gamechanger, and hopefully the case going forward.

On a related note, my nephew has come out as a Town fan over the weekend. Previously a Spammer, he’s seen the light after attending the Derby (h) last season. Not sure he was ever that into West Ham, mainly went with his old man because he liked football and the season tickets are so cheap. Anyway always good to build our support base!

I agree totally with this

I'm reminded of the 2005 Ashes series which captured the nation on Channel 4, before the ECB promptly sold the rights to Sky...

Would hate for the Club to finally get some really good momentum before removing some of the free content which drives engagement with the casual fan.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 14:07]
Town in 5 etc on 13:40 - Aug 7 with 1255 viewsBigCommon

I watched 11 minutes of extended highlights on YT last night, posted by ifollow... Tbf, from those highlights it was all Town untill a couple of minutes at the end.
McKenna's Sky Sports interview, was posted on here last night, too. Via a link that someone put up on another thread. I'd you scroll down the board, you might find it...
Login to get fewer ads

Town in 5 etc on 13:51 - Aug 7 with 1196 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Posted elsewhere than Sunderlands YT channel has already posted the whole game rerun for free.

Nothing on TownTV at all (yet) ... pity as Ifollow at least always had the full match up at 1am the next morning.
Town in 5 etc on 14:24 - Aug 7 with 1000 viewsGeoffSentence

Town in 5 etc on 13:12 - Aug 7 by Steve_M

The alternative angles of the goals are on Twitter:

Town in Five will be up later I'm sure.

10 seconds in, is that a Town fan amongst the mackems? But behaving respectfully.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Town in 5 etc on 14:27 - Aug 7 with 976 viewsSomethingBlue

Early days but they need to make sure things are mixed up well – I imagine that only extended interviews, special features etc will be paywalled with most of the "on-diary" stuff remaining free but, as others have commented, they could do with ensuring the Twitter/Youtube output goes further than teasers that last a few seconds.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town in 5 etc on 14:27 - Aug 7 with 963 viewsRonFearonsHair

Town in 5 etc on 13:17 - Aug 7 by LankHenners

No problem, I confused myself earlier wondering why we have the cup game on Wednesday rather than tomorrow before realising the obvious.

Be interesting to see what they do, very popular content so an argument both ways for keeping it free and accessible vs using it as an incentive to get people signed up. Would hope/imagine it's the former.

Wondered if they may go for a Patron style model where paid members get it 24 hours before it's released for free.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024