Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi. 14:54 - Aug 7 with 1836 viewsBigCommon

Anyone had half an eye on Messi in MLS?
Not that I follow it, but it pops up on my feed now and then.
At 36, he's absolutely ripping it up... 7 goals in 4 games for Miami in all comps. They hadn't won a game in 11 matches before he arrived. And just won 4 on the spin.
Ok, standard is lower, and Miami have made a few other good signings. But he's still a joy to watch. And scored an absolutely stunning free kick in his last match.
Feel quite privileged to have watched the entirety of his and Ronaldo's (CR7), career. Players like that, just don't come along, too often.

Messi. on 14:56 - Aug 7 with 1800 viewsHerbivore

The GOAT. Absolute artist on the pitch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Messi. on 15:02 - Aug 7 with 1762 viewsRobTheMonk

Yep. It’s amazing what it’s done for some of the other players too. Robert Taylor especially now looks like he could play for Real Madrid.
Messi. on 15:10 - Aug 7 with 1714 viewsIllinoisblue

Kinda tragic he’s wasting the last few years of his career in MLS.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Messi. on 15:15 - Aug 7 with 1683 viewsHerbivore

Messi. on 15:10 - Aug 7 by Illinoisblue

Rather that than wasting them in Saudi to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Messi. on 15:17 - Aug 7 with 1665 viewsLankHenners

Suppose with the World Cup in the bag he probably feels he's done everything he can and fancies putting his feet up at his holiday home in Miami.

Probably would've had another run out at Barcelona if they were able to afford him without committing financial crime.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Messi. on 15:19 - Aug 7 with 1658 viewsblueasfook

Should have signed for Town. I reckon he could do a job in the Championship.

Boo! Ashton out

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Messi. on 15:27 - Aug 7 with 1631 viewsyorkshire

We live down the road from Inter Miami so very excited to get the change to take my daughter watch the GOAT play

In terms of quality the MLS is very poor - it doesn't have the speed of the Premier League or the aggression of the Championship - Ipswich would beat most clubs out here comfortably if they played in the league

Messi has come in and his game is far superior to most of those on the field - the defenders don't know where to back off or push up - either way Messi beats them for skill and thought - if they double team him that leaves a player free and he has exploited this as well - the addition of Busquets, Alba and Iniesta will also give him some great outlets

Will be fun for US fans to get to watch him but am sure he could still do a job in the top leagues if he wanted to
Messi. on 15:27 - Aug 7 with 1628 viewsIllinoisblue

Messi. on 15:15 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

A fair point!

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Messi. on 15:41 - Aug 7 with 1586 viewsTresBonne

Follow Orlando quite closely as have good relations with family out there.

Their game vs Miami recently was absolutely horrific and had the worst officiating, even with VAR, I've ever seen. There's multiple instances of Miami getting benefit of the doubt in numerous games now.

Not much of a football conspiracist, but referees out there are definitely folding at the sight of the new star-studded Miami side.
Messi. on 15:47 - Aug 7 with 1565 viewsIllinoisblue

Messi. on 15:41 - Aug 7 by TresBonne

Follow Orlando quite closely as have good relations with family out there.

Their game vs Miami recently was absolutely horrific and had the worst officiating, even with VAR, I've ever seen. There's multiple instances of Miami getting benefit of the doubt in numerous games now.

Not much of a football conspiracist, but referees out there are definitely folding at the sight of the new star-studded Miami side.

Until MLS grows up and has relegation/promotion any talk of agendas or conspiracies is meaningless. It’s not a serious league.

62 - 78 - 81

Messi. on 16:07 - Aug 7 with 1491 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Messi. on 15:15 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

Saudi is probably already at a better level with the players they've brought in - surely? Even if it is only the top four teams.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Messi. on 16:33 - Aug 7 with 1444 viewsIllinoisblue

Messi. on 15:19 - Aug 7 by blueasfook

Should have signed for Town. I reckon he could do a job in the Championship.

Boo! Ashton out

KMc and co. could get a tune out of him, I reckon.

62 - 78 - 81

Messi. on 16:34 - Aug 7 with 1435 viewsblueasfook

Messi. on 16:33 - Aug 7 by Illinoisblue

KMc and co. could get a tune out of him, I reckon.

I'd see him as a good back up to Burns.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Messi. on 17:05 - Aug 7 with 1388 viewsNomore4

Watching Messi in the Camp Nou, playing with the greatest club side ever assembled……definitely a highlight of my years watching football.
Messi. on 17:25 - Aug 7 with 1362 viewsNomore4

Messi. on 17:05 - Aug 7 by Nomore4

Watching Messi in the Camp Nou, playing with the greatest club side ever assembled……definitely a highlight of my years watching football.

But safe to say he plays for Miami because that’s where he wants to live. Owns 4 properties on Miami front. Hasn’t wanted for money since being a teenager. And plays where he chooses.
Messi. on 18:10 - Aug 7 with 1309 viewsEastAnglianBoy

Best thing about MessiGOAT's move to MLS is that he seems genuinely happy to be there.

Always has a massive grin on his face and seems to be enjoying his "sawker". Lovely to see tbf.
Messi. on 18:22 - Aug 7 with 1276 viewsSwansea_Blue

My boy’s keeping an eye on him, as he seems to be a bit of a fan (what’s wrong with Chappers, eh?). He’s had at least a couple of free kicks like the one this weekend. Miami have been playing some nice stuff too, so he seems to have lifted the whole team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Messi. on 18:45 - Aug 7 with 1232 viewsKeno

He’s ok but he’s no Chaplin

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Messi. on 09:40 - Aug 8 with 1027 viewsClutch

I respect him for not going to Saudi Arabia, I know he's still getting played loads, but it's less of a circus.

Standard in the league is bad, I watched it when living out there and Ipswich now would win most things if in it.
Messi. on 11:15 - Aug 8 with 946 viewsElephantintheRoom

Some of his goals have been pretty special - mind you there are a few familiar names from Barcelona in that team. Just a pity Phil Neville isn’t still there to pass on his wisdom

On another subject I see the USA men’s and women’s teams pool there income from World Cups and share 50:50. They do things differently over there.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Messi. on 11:36 - Aug 8 with 915 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Its quite funny really. Along with Mbappe he is still the best player on the planet, its like he's playing against a bunch of under 11s

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024