Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend 05:57 - Aug 8 with 4836 viewschenners17

Would be good to go into the first home match with a strengthened squad.

It’s been over two weeks since Hutchinson came in. We are due one…..
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 07:19 - Aug 8 with 4097 viewsNutkins_Return

As good as we did and the result in Sunday it did show that the boys need some help and we need to bring that extra quality and for me a little more athleticism/physicality in terms of attributes to bring in.

Im not sure anyone we sign would go straight into the squad for Saturday this late. Maybe bench I suppose.
[Redacted] on 08:10 - Aug 8 with 3933 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 08:20 - Aug 8 with 3883 viewsMetal_Hacker

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 07:19 - Aug 8 by Nutkins_Return

As good as we did and the result in Sunday it did show that the boys need some help and we need to bring that extra quality and for me a little more athleticism/physicality in terms of attributes to bring in.

Im not sure anyone we sign would go straight into the squad for Saturday this late. Maybe bench I suppose.

Two things that would be great to add as you say "athleticism & physicality"

Sunderland had an abundance of it all across the pitch and a huge step up from the levels in League One that's for sure

A couple of additions with energy to burn with a physical presence at some point would be superb

I've no doubt the style and tactics are not an issue but it's the other levels we need to increase along with a higher technical calibre of replacement

Poll: If it were one or the other

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 09:52 - Aug 8 with 3608 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Don't think we have anyone remotely near signing at the moment. I think they are at a bit of a loss after not getting McNally, which l believe they thought was a done deal.
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 09:55 - Aug 8 with 3585 viewsArchiRob

Great idea
Who do you have in mind?
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 09:57 - Aug 8 with 3569 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 09:52 - Aug 8 by Naylorsrightboot

Don't think we have anyone remotely near signing at the moment. I think they are at a bit of a loss after not getting McNally, which l believe they thought was a done deal.

Hot Take.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 10:01 - Aug 8 with 3530 viewsBiGDonnie

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 09:57 - Aug 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Hot Take.

The fella hasn't got a clue, he's still fuming we beat Sunderland.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 10:06 - Aug 8 with 3509 viewsMediocre_Quick

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 09:52 - Aug 8 by Naylorsrightboot

Ashton basically confirmed we have a couple deals way down the line, this isn't FIFA or Football Manager where it's done in a matter of days/hours,

Patience is key as prem clubs are still sorting their squads out, relegated prem sides are still rebuffing offers for players,

Ashton again confirmed there will be a domino effect once the relegated prem sides start to sell players and the market opens up
Login to get fewer ads

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 10:22 - Aug 8 with 3400 viewsBlueOura

Ah, another one that has access to private conversations between Ashton/McKenna/Gamechanger. Do let us know if you get anymore 100% bonafide def info hot takes!
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 10:25 - Aug 8 with 3372 viewsStokieBlue

Your relentless negativity is quite impressive.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 13:06 - Aug 8 with 3155 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ever thought of supporting Oil State FC or Putin’s Former Laundry Club? Or one of those Saudi money dopers?

Once upon a time Town supporters used to identify with players who actually stayed with the club - and progressed, given half a chance and a manager who believed in them and became quite good. Rather than crave a revolving door of mercenaries.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 13:22 - Aug 8 with 3092 viewshype313

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 13:06 - Aug 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Ever thought of supporting Oil State FC or Putin’s Former Laundry Club? Or one of those Saudi money dopers?

Once upon a time Town supporters used to identify with players who actually stayed with the club - and progressed, given half a chance and a manager who believed in them and became quite good. Rather than crave a revolving door of mercenaries.

Unlike you, football has moved on whether you like it or not.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 13:28 - Aug 8 with 3040 viewsElephantintheRoom

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 13:22 - Aug 8 by hype313

Unlike you, football has moved on whether you like it or not.

Don’t you even get a modicum of pride or expectation that the team that clicked in the new year might actually be very good?

At a cost of - £25 million to a cabal who expect to make money d’le time soon.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 14:57 - Aug 8 with 2841 viewshype313

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 13:28 - Aug 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Don’t you even get a modicum of pride or expectation that the team that clicked in the new year might actually be very good?

At a cost of - £25 million to a cabal who expect to make money d’le time soon.

Yes but football is constantly evolving, you stand still and you go backwards, you can't just sit there and say because we were great for a few months we should just sit back and relax.

It's not how football or the world works.

And yes, in the land of milk and honey I'd love nothing more than a team full of local lads, but that ship sailed 40 years ago.

You might not like it, fair enough, but moaning about how great everything used to be is tedious.

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:11 - Aug 8 with 2778 viewsGavTWTD

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 14:57 - Aug 8 by hype313

Yes but football is constantly evolving, you stand still and you go backwards, you can't just sit there and say because we were great for a few months we should just sit back and relax.

And yes, in the land of milk and honey I'd love nothing more than a team full of local lads, but that ship sailed 40 years ago.

You might not like it, fair enough, but moaning about how great everything used to be is tedious.

It's all our fault. Should rename the site.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:13 - Aug 8 with 2765 viewshype313

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:11 - Aug 8 by GavTWTD

It's all our fault. Should rename the site.

Don't know why I bother, it's like having a conversation with Uncle Albert.

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:16 - Aug 8 with 2746 viewsNthQldITFC

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:13 - Aug 8 by hype313

Don't know why I bother, it's like having a conversation with Uncle Albert.

What's it like having your head on upside-down?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:22 - Aug 8 with 2702 viewsStewart27

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 13:06 - Aug 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Please stop stinking this place out with your constant weird rubbish.
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:38 - Aug 8 with 2610 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 10:01 - Aug 8 by BiGDonnie

The fella hasn't got a clue, he's still fuming we beat Sunderland.

Hey there Sprucey
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:44 - Aug 8 with 2572 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 10:06 - Aug 8 by Mediocre_Quick

Ashton basically confirmed we have a couple deals way down the line, this isn't FIFA or Football Manager where it's done in a matter of days/hours,

Patience is key as prem clubs are still sorting their squads out, relegated prem sides are still rebuffing offers for players,

Ashton again confirmed there will be a domino effect once the relegated prem sides start to sell players and the market opens up

If they were that far down the line then l would have thought they would have been sorted now ? That was nearly 3 weeks ago when he said that.
If Ashton confirmed there would be a domino effect, 1) it didn’t stop plenty of signings by championship clubs that has already taken place and 2) shows Ashton isn’t down the road with signings as he points out that can only happen when the top teams start moving people.
McNally was a done deal until Stoke came along, that’s the one he is so annoyed about. Why do you think he was telling fans to keep quiet about rumours?
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:46 - Aug 8 with 2568 viewsWeWereZombies

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 14:57 - Aug 8 by hype313

Exactly, good local lads like Eric Gates, Alan Brazil, Kevin O'Callaghan and Arnold Muhren, oh and Sergei Baltacha...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:52 - Aug 8 with 2514 viewsMetal_Hacker

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:44 - Aug 8 by Naylorsrightboot

If they were that far down the line then l would have thought they would have been sorted now ? That was nearly 3 weeks ago when he said that.
If Ashton confirmed there would be a domino effect, 1) it didn’t stop plenty of signings by championship clubs that has already taken place and 2) shows Ashton isn’t down the road with signings as he points out that can only happen when the top teams start moving people.
McNally was a done deal until Stoke came along, that’s the one he is so annoyed about. Why do you think he was telling fans to keep quiet about rumours?

Just a quick question and I'm sorry for the interjection but you do know how football works and the start of the Prem League is actually a week later than the EFL and the transfer window closes at the end of August ...right ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 16:28 - Aug 8 with 2400 viewsTonytown

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:22 - Aug 8 by Stewart27

Please stop stinking this place out with your constant weird rubbish.

Just put him on ignore
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 18:22 - Aug 8 with 2214 viewsMattinLondon

No idea whether the club is any nearer to making any announcements regarding new signings. But beating Sunderland must have helped the club sell itself to new players. Granted that it’s only one match but if we had lost 4-0 then some might well have thought ‘I’m not going there to get beat like that’.
Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 10:04 - Aug 9 with 1736 viewsMediocre_Quick

Hope we can bring in one or two before weekend on 15:44 - Aug 8 by Naylorsrightboot

Harper took nearly a month to be completed
Davis took nearly a month to be completed

Deals don't just always happen overnight, other clubs may come in for the player so renegotiations may need to happen with the club/player over wages/fees, especially at Championship level

How do you know Ashton isn't down the road with the deals? Are you an insider with ITK knowledge of the goings on at the club?

Also, your first point is ridiculous, how do you know those deals weren't being negotiated before the end of the season or the start of the window and only now being announced?

Have some patience and faith in the club instead of whingeing all the time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024