Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TownTV Review 19:00 - Aug 12 with 2060 viewsBlueToad

My first opportunity today to experience the new TownTV offering. Some thoughts.

Pros

I really enjoyed the build up, listening to Matt Holland and Darren Ambrose, clearly passionate about the Club. Miles better than watchin the LifeBouy adverts on repeat !!!

The presenter (dont recall his name) was pretty good.

The commentary team were decent. I love Ian Westlake on co-comms, thought he was excellent last season and really enjoyed listening to him today. Very insightful and nicely biased in the right places :)

Glenn was also very good. Took a little while to warm to him last season on iFollow but he's decent enough.

Great after match coverage.

All in all very positive all round so far.

Cons

The audio was about .5 seconds ahead of the action. It was quite bad during the build up but wasn;t that fussed. During the action though it was quite annoying as you kind of knew what was going to happen before it did - if you get my drift. Hopefully they'll sort this one out for next week.

Really annoyiing instances of action replays over running live action - happened quite a lot and in some critial passages as well.

Audio glitches throughout - nothing major until had a period of Dalek commentary for about 5 mins mid way through 2nd half.

A few minor buffering timeouts but nothing too bad - certainly not like some of the issues experienced last season with iFolllow.

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

TownTV Review on 19:04 - Aug 12 with 1992 viewspennblue

I think it was fantastic for first game and it was great to get some proper post match and to hear from the manager. The way ifollow used to just 'cut off' straight after a game was not a great experience.

Holland and Ambrose work well together, I am sure they will improve as they get more experience too - maybe some media training to really polish up their skills.

So hats off to whoever made this happen, i think it was great

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

TownTV Review on 19:05 - Aug 12 with 1985 viewsRyorry

Surprised Glenn W got the gig after his awful rookie start for the first few games to last season, but tbf, he was willing to listen & take on board criticism, has clearly learned from that, and has hugely improved as a result.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

TownTV Review on 19:07 - Aug 12 with 1951 viewsKropotkin123

I didn't experience the buffering issues, but everything else resonates

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

TownTV Review on 19:14 - Aug 12 with 1905 viewsBlueinBrum

First time seeing it for me too and completely agree with all your points.
TownTV Review on 19:17 - Aug 12 with 1883 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

I like Glenn you know. He’s been on a learning curve, but there’s a lot of potential in there and it’s starting to shine through. I can def see why he was chosen, someone saw that in him.

Westlake very good too

Poll: Is Billm….

TownTV Review on 19:23 - Aug 12 with 1828 viewsblaggers

TownTV Review on 19:04 - Aug 12 by pennblue

I think it was fantastic for first game and it was great to get some proper post match and to hear from the manager. The way ifollow used to just 'cut off' straight after a game was not a great experience.

Holland and Ambrose work well together, I am sure they will improve as they get more experience too - maybe some media training to really polish up their skills.

So hats off to whoever made this happen, i think it was great

I'm pretty sure Matt Holland has had a media career for about 15 years now, and Ambrose has a gig on TalkSport?

Poll: What happens next?

TownTV Review on 19:29 - Aug 12 with 1785 viewsIllinoisblue

A fair summary. Hope they can sort the audio glitch out as it affects all the content they’ve put out so far. Just enough lack of synchronization to be annoying.

Westlake’s never had a bad game on comms. Perfect blend of insight, analysis and biased enthusiasm.

Glenn W… good but could do with loosening up a bit. Sounds a bit scripted at times. Although to be fair, he hasn’t had the years of affinity Brenner has built up.

Lol at the action replay graphic which flashed up IFollow. (Sure that’s an EFL footage thing, not a club mistake)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

TownTV Review on 19:31 - Aug 12 with 1766 viewstractordownsouth

TownTV Review on 19:05 - Aug 12 by Ryorry

Surprised Glenn W got the gig after his awful rookie start for the first few games to last season, but tbf, he was willing to listen & take on board criticism, has clearly learned from that, and has hugely improved as a result.

Yeah really like Glen, can tell he’s passionate about it. For the first game last year apparently he wasn’t told he was commentating for the audio as well as the video.

I’d ideally like him to be more descriptive but he’s decent and has definitely grown into the role.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

TownTV Review on 19:47 - Aug 12 with 1706 viewsParisBlue

TownTV Review on 19:29 - Aug 12 by Illinoisblue

A fair summary. Hope they can sort the audio glitch out as it affects all the content they’ve put out so far. Just enough lack of synchronization to be annoying.

Westlake’s never had a bad game on comms. Perfect blend of insight, analysis and biased enthusiasm.

Glenn W… good but could do with loosening up a bit. Sounds a bit scripted at times. Although to be fair, he hasn’t had the years of affinity Brenner has built up.

Lol at the action replay graphic which flashed up IFollow. (Sure that’s an EFL footage thing, not a club mistake)

Westlake is great, especially when laying into the incompetent referees (plenty of opportunities today)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

TownTV Review on 19:55 - Aug 12 with 1671 viewsBlueToad

TownTV Review on 19:47 - Aug 12 by ParisBlue

Westlake is great, especially when laying into the incompetent referees (plenty of opportunities today)

Ha yes, he was giving the Ref pelters tday :)

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

TownTV Review on 20:49 - Aug 12 with 1545 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Fair summary

Another plus, a full pre and after show replay including the whole match up within an hour of full time.

Didn't think that was allowed, ifollow didn't upload a replay til 1am the next morning.
TownTV Review on 21:04 - Aug 12 with 1477 viewsSitfcB

TownTV Review on 20:49 - Aug 12 by burnbudgiesburn

Fair summary

Another plus, a full pre and after show replay including the whole match up within an hour of full time.

Didn't think that was allowed, ifollow didn't upload a replay til 1am the next morning.

EFL must’ve changed the rules, goals already tweeted out on twitter by the club as well.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TownTV Review on 11:45 - Aug 16 with 935 viewsgrow_our_own

Biggest problem is unlike last year's iFollow service, the new TownTV coverage has no rewind. Was great being able to catch-up eg missed goals if had to step away, or review controversial incidents in the game. Hope rewind is on QTV's roadmap to re-add.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024