Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahadme 01:38 - Aug 20 with 2832 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Didn't score but apparently had a good game for Cambridge again. Looks like he's made a really good start there.
Ahadme on 01:52 - Aug 20 with 2794 viewsZapers

Yes but he was a 'panic buy'

Therefore in some supporters minds, he doesn't count.
Ahadme on 05:31 - Aug 20 with 2620 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ahadme on 01:52 - Aug 20 by Zapers

Well he doesn't does he. He's on loan and not part of the squad this season.

Let's see where he ends up next season. Until then yes he was a panic buy imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

[Redacted] on 05:40 - Aug 20 with 2621 viewsvictorywilhappen

Ahadme on 05:31 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

[Redacted]
Ahadme on 05:49 - Aug 20 with 2596 viewsFrimleyBlue

[Redacted] on 05:40 - Aug 20 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Not sure there's is a recall In this one is there? No mention of one compared to camaras loan.

If there is and he does great. But I don't personally think we will see him town colours again. He's no different to piggott imo.

Waka waka eh eh

[Redacted] on 06:06 - Aug 20 with 2564 viewsvictorywilhappen

Ahadme on 05:49 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

Not sure there's is a recall In this one is there? No mention of one compared to camaras loan.

If there is and he does great. But I don't personally think we will see him town colours again. He's no different to piggott imo.

[Redacted]
Ahadme on 06:40 - Aug 20 with 2487 viewstractordownsouth

NTT20 made a good point that Mark Bonner has a very good record of improving strikers. Paul Mullin, Sam Smith, Joe Ironside and now hopefully our Gassan.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Ahadme on 06:55 - Aug 20 with 2430 viewsITFCBlues

[Redacted] on 06:06 - Aug 20 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

He was quite clearly a panic buy. Just like Camara.

We chased Hirst all summer, didnt get him and then needed a striker. He was a handful in our game against them and thus we signed him.

There is very little chance that he was on our list that summer, we wanted a marquee striker and Hirst was that man.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Ahadme on 07:02 - Aug 20 with 2405 viewscatch74

Ahadme on 05:31 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

Probably bought in as we didn’t get Hirst, needed someone to score goals in league 1 to help get us promoted. He’d done that at Burton and now looks like he’ll be doing it at Cambridge. If he hadn’t been injured he’d have done it for us.
My Portsmouth mate said he’s first in to training, last out and works harder than anyone else he’s seen, on top of being a really decent bloke. He took the time to come and meet my son and spent time chatting with him after the Portsmouth game. He was a sensible punt who got injured, thankfully we got Hirst in January.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Ahadme on 07:19 - Aug 20 with 2334 viewsChurchman

Ahadme on 07:02 - Aug 20 by catch74

Probably bought in as we didn’t get Hirst, needed someone to score goals in league 1 to help get us promoted. He’d done that at Burton and now looks like he’ll be doing it at Cambridge. If he hadn’t been injured he’d have done it for us.
My Portsmouth mate said he’s first in to training, last out and works harder than anyone else he’s seen, on top of being a really decent bloke. He took the time to come and meet my son and spent time chatting with him after the Portsmouth game. He was a sensible punt who got injured, thankfully we got Hirst in January.

Ahadme sounds a great bloke. All power to him for a great start at Cambridge. I’d add that sometimes a player is a better fit for the way a particular club plays and is than others. Hirst is an example of that. Alan Brazil was another. He thrived at Town and didn’t in the much larger pond of Man Utd..

Camara was of course the other alleged ‘panic buy’, yet he was one of the best players in L1 the previous season. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, which is why I don’t like the term panic buy. I’m sure there are examples of players brought in late in the window who are successful, but they’re never labelled that way.
Ahadme on 07:23 - Aug 20 with 2312 viewsOakingtonBlue

Ahadme on 07:02 - Aug 20 by catch74

I was at the Cambridge game yesterday as it’s my closest ground. Shad me looked ok, nothing special. He had quite a ding dong with the very tall Bristol centre NS k and he got subbed on like 70mins. Nothing amazing
[Redacted] on 07:51 - Aug 20 with 2184 viewsvictorywilhappen

Ahadme on 07:19 - Aug 20 by Churchman

Ahadme sounds a great bloke. All power to him for a great start at Cambridge. I’d add that sometimes a player is a better fit for the way a particular club plays and is than others. Hirst is an example of that. Alan Brazil was another. He thrived at Town and didn’t in the much larger pond of Man Utd..

Camara was of course the other alleged ‘panic buy’, yet he was one of the best players in L1 the previous season. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, which is why I don’t like the term panic buy. I’m sure there are examples of players brought in late in the window who are successful, but they’re never labelled that way.

[Redacted]
Ahadme on 08:31 - Aug 20 with 2050 viewsNeedhamChris

Ahadme on 01:52 - Aug 20 by Zapers

He's never going to make it here - and was a bit of a panic buy.

That's not a criticism of him as a player, we have a far higher ceiling than he does. That doesn't mean he won't be a good L1 striker, but he's not going to be getting near a side looking to push on in the Championship.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Ahadme on 08:58 - Aug 20 with 1863 viewscatch74

Ahadme on 08:31 - Aug 20 by NeedhamChris

He's never going to make it here - and was a bit of a panic buy.

That's not a criticism of him as a player, we have a far higher ceiling than he does. That doesn't mean he won't be a good L1 striker, but he's not going to be getting near a side looking to push on in the Championship.

We bought him to push on in league 1.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Ahadme on 09:07 - Aug 20 with 1811 viewsNutkins_Return

Ahadme on 05:49 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

Other than both being CFs I don't think the comparison with pigott fits at all if you are talking playing style?

I think people would have to define 'Panic buy' as I don't think there was any panic involved whatsoever. We missed our top targets and we had a decision to either go without or go for a younger prospect we felt we could get and did that. Zero panic. But if people are just using 'panic buy' to mean a player we signed who wasn't first choice then yes fair enough (but weird to insist on the negative phrasing).
Ahadme on 11:36 - Aug 20 with 1513 viewsBigCommon

Still think a few that we signed last couple of season's, just weren't comfortable coming to a relatively large club, from smaller teams... The crowds, expectation, pressure etc, may have affected them imo..
Scott Fraser, Joe Piggot for example and I'd probably put Gas in that category, too. Who seems to be thriving at Cambs, as he did at Burton..
Ahadme on 11:43 - Aug 20 with 1480 viewsNutkins_Return

Ahadme on 11:36 - Aug 20 by BigCommon

Still think a few that we signed last couple of season's, just weren't comfortable coming to a relatively large club, from smaller teams... The crowds, expectation, pressure etc, may have affected them imo..
Scott Fraser, Joe Piggot for example and I'd probably put Gas in that category, too. Who seems to be thriving at Cambs, as he did at Burton..

Not sure about that. Fraser didn't really fit the system either Cook or McKenna wanted to play and doesn't have an engine.

Pigot similar. Just not got the athleticism to go up a level.

Ahadme let's not forget was a youngster. 21 when we signed him. He's still a prospect. He'd have to improve a lot to have a chance with is but he's got some ability. Deceptively quick feet and a good size. Certainly more running power in him then Pigott. You could be right on him but before his injury he seemed to be really embracing it. Just had better players ahead of him when he came back.
Ahadme on 12:04 - Aug 20 with 1414 viewsBigCommon

Ahadme on 11:43 - Aug 20 by Nutkins_Return

Not sure about that. Fraser didn't really fit the system either Cook or McKenna wanted to play and doesn't have an engine.

Pigot similar. Just not got the athleticism to go up a level.

Ahadme let's not forget was a youngster. 21 when we signed him. He's still a prospect. He'd have to improve a lot to have a chance with is but he's got some ability. Deceptively quick feet and a good size. Certainly more running power in him then Pigott. You could be right on him but before his injury he seemed to be really embracing it. Just had better players ahead of him when he came back.

Personally don't think the three I mentioned "believed" they belonged here..Always looked like they were on trial.. There are other mitigating circumstances, injury, personal issues etc. But , for me, some players will sink and some will swim in pressure situations. No matter what's asked of them..
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 12:23]
Ahadme on 12:29 - Aug 20 with 1356 viewsJrm_72

Saw him in the stevenage game in midweek. Nowt special was also my conclusion. Good at heading down long balls, nuisance at corners, but had no pace or tricks to beat anyone when through balls put to him. Lazy at tracking back, not the motor McKenna would expect from his 9. Cambs had a few chances break down with ahadme slowly jogging back from offside.

A few People around me were annoyed Lankester was subbed instead of him
Ahadme on 15:49 - Aug 20 with 1161 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ahadme on 09:07 - Aug 20 by Nutkins_Return

Other than both being CFs I don't think the comparison with pigott fits at all if you are talking playing style?

I think people would have to define 'Panic buy' as I don't think there was any panic involved whatsoever. We missed our top targets and we had a decision to either go without or go for a younger prospect we felt we could get and did that. Zero panic. But if people are just using 'panic buy' to mean a player we signed who wasn't first choice then yes fair enough (but weird to insist on the negative phrasing).

It was just a bizarre transfer imo

We had one of the biggest budgets in league 1 that could be used.. and our striker signing other than freddie was ahadme.. at the end of a window. Just very last minute. Sht we need another striker, who can we get before the clock runs out...

Just a bit of a strange one personally. Esp since we sent him away at the earliest opportunity.

Waka waka eh eh

Ahadme on 16:17 - Aug 20 with 1097 viewsPioneerBlue

Ahadme is going to upset some if he turns out a decent season in L1. I mean he’s contracted with ITFC, he has the motivation and the route back into the club, he certainly has attributes that were of interest a year ago, even if is career is over a good season in L1 could make him quite valuable and potentially ready for a crack at the champ. If not, we lost little and still got promoted!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024