Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? 12:37 - Aug 23 with 2414 viewsMaySixth

unsolved still

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

[Redacted] on 12:41 - Aug 23 with 2376 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 12:41 - Aug 23 with 2358 viewsDJR

I do. I was only 7 at the time, and we had recently moved to Ipswich.

It was quite a big thing in those days, and my dad at the time worked for Eastern Electricity at Wherstead which is on the way to Tattingstone.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 12:44]
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 12:41 - Aug 23 with 2350 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Anyone here remember there’s a “General” forum page?

That was harsh - apologies. The tattingstone case is actually a pretty interesting one. Wonder if there’s ever been a Tv documentary about it? Probably too old a case I’d imagine.

Or…. Is this a very cryptic player transfer link?!
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 12:53 - Aug 23 with 2278 viewsArnieM

Yes I remember it. Dismembered body which I’m sure was suggested to be a homophobic killing ( this may have been suggested later) …. Was quite a shocking piece of news at them time.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:05 - Aug 23 with 2193 viewsyorkshire

I was always under the impression that it was linked to the Krays ?
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:09 - Aug 23 with 2163 viewsjaykay

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 12:53 - Aug 23 by ArnieM

Yes I remember it. Dismembered body which I’m sure was suggested to be a homophobic killing ( this may have been suggested later) …. Was quite a shocking piece of news at them time.

think regulars at the ostrich pub were interviewed by the police, but nothing came of it

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:11 - Aug 23 with 2140 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 12:41 - Aug 23 by Matt_Netherlands

That was harsh - apologies. The tattingstone case is actually a pretty interesting one. Wonder if there’s ever been a Tv documentary about it? Probably too old a case I’d imagine.

Moved (unless the OP knows of a football aspect to the murder, of course).
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:12 - Aug 23 with 2138 viewsbluelagos

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Bernard_Oliver

Not born at the time.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:24 - Aug 23 with 2074 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:12 - Aug 23 by bluelagos

Not born at the time.

interesting link. the line: "Police in the Oliver investigation announced their intent to interview all of the homosexual men in London." does suggest that policing has become a little more sophisticated over the past 50+ years.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:27 - Aug 23 with 2065 viewsBluespeed225

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:05 - Aug 23 by yorkshire

I was always under the impression that it was linked to the Krays ?

The story of boys being supplied by Ronnie to Establishment figures has been around a while, Boothby etc, get the goods on them for exploitation/favours later. It was deemed a big move at the time for the undertakers to be asked to make up the severed head , the photograph of which was then published for ID purposes. That would still be a bold move now!
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 14:40 - Aug 23 with 1884 viewsRyorry

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 12:41 - Aug 23 by Matt_Netherlands

If there isn't, it might not be long before there is/are. Real-life crime docus, both solved & unsolved, have been getting big viewing figures recently & seem to be growing in popularity.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 14:42 - Aug 23 with 1871 viewsGeoffSentence

Makes no sense, what could anyone have against suitcase?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 14:47 - Aug 23 with 1848 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:12 - Aug 23 by bluelagos

Not born at the time.

"The murder of Bernard Oliver forms part of the background to the 1998 novel The Long Firm, by Jake Arnott. "

Blimey - I've read that novel and I must have missed that part completely!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:03 - Aug 23 with 1791 viewsBluespeed225

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 14:47 - Aug 23 by Ewan_Oozami

"The murder of Bernard Oliver forms part of the background to the 1998 novel The Long Firm, by Jake Arnott. "

Blimey - I've read that novel and I must have missed that part completely!

It was part of it! Several factual events being woven together.
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:06 - Aug 23 with 1781 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:03 - Aug 23 by Bluespeed225

Ah, I see! In that case it definitely requires a revisit!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:30 - Aug 23 with 1719 viewsbluefunk

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:06 - Aug 23 by Ewan_Oozami

Ah, I see! In that case it definitely requires a revisit!

I just re read it, it’s a superb book, and it deals with the Tattingstone suitcase murder albeit later in the book, having set the scene. His other novels in the trilogy are worth reading too. I think the Krays link comes from their Suffolk property which was IIRC in Bildeston.
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:37 - Aug 23 with 1704 viewsBiGDonnie

Never heard of it but just read this from wiki...

"The case received widespread media attention, partly because police, unable to identify the body, took the unusual step of releasing a photograph of the victim's head to the media."

WTF

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:38 - Aug 23 with 1695 viewsKeno

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:03 - Aug 23 by Bluespeed225

Are you suggesting a certain poster was involved?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 16:58 - Aug 23 with 1575 viewsfactual_blue

I'd have thought it was a straightforward open-and-shut case.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 17:00 - Aug 23 with 1573 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 15:38 - Aug 23 by Keno

Are you suggesting a certain poster was involved?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 20:50 - Aug 23 with 1331 viewsjontysnut

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 16:58 - Aug 23 by factual_blue

I'd have thought it was a straightforward open-and-shut case.

The police sat on it.
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 21:01 - Aug 23 with 1313 viewsCrawfordsboot

At the time I had just started A levels at the Civic College and used to hitchhike from and to Saxmundham each weekend. I recall being quite nervous with some lifts until I paired up with a friend and we hitched together. Not so easy to get lifts but I remember feeling safer!
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 22:07 - Aug 23 with 1218 viewsbazza

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 13:09 - Aug 23 by jaykay

think regulars at the ostrich pub were interviewed by the police, but nothing came of it

Wasn’t any leads from the regulars , Most of them Had their heads buried in the sand.
Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 02:07 - Aug 24 with 1109 viewsRyorry

Anyone here remember The Tattingstone Suitcase Murder? on 22:07 - Aug 23 by bazza

Wasn’t any leads from the regulars , Most of them Had their heads buried in the sand.

Maybe they were prophets forseeing the Marcus evans era.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024