Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 months time 11:28 - Aug 24 with 842 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

The way our full backs are required to play, having 3 with the quality that McKenna needs for his system provides good competition and depth this season - with Williams comfortable right or left. I don't think Clarke quite has the potential to play Premier League, but he's young enough to continue improving so that's not me writing him off, but I definitely think Davis will and Williams (who already has) will after taking a step back to go forwards again.

Which makes me think, are we recruiting/covering ourselves here for 12 months time with the signing of Williams? Leif Davis is taking to the Championship well and will no doubt have Premier League interest in 12 months time. It's important to have that contingency plan in place and I wonder if this is somewhere the club have identified now.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

12 months time on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 771 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I thought the same. Wondered if we’ve been rebuffing approaches, and are resigned to losing him in Jan or next summer, which would explain the option to buy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

12 months time on 12:07 - Aug 24 with 694 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

12 months time on 11:41 - Aug 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

I thought the same. Wondered if we’ve been rebuffing approaches, and are resigned to losing him in Jan or next summer, which would explain the option to buy.

I'm not sure there would be anything in it this summer. He's got to prove himself this season before gaining serious interest higher up.

But when you look at the way Brighton and Brentford play for example, or you see Newcastle sign the young English LB from Chelsea for £35m, it does make you wonder if we are thinking ahead here and protecting an asset with an asset for 12 months time.

Of course, you could say the same about Williams in 12 months time - who knows.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

12 months time on 13:12 - Aug 24 with 598 viewsCheltenham_Blue

12 months time on 12:07 - Aug 24 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I'm not sure there would be anything in it this summer. He's got to prove himself this season before gaining serious interest higher up.

But when you look at the way Brighton and Brentford play for example, or you see Newcastle sign the young English LB from Chelsea for £35m, it does make you wonder if we are thinking ahead here and protecting an asset with an asset for 12 months time.

Of course, you could say the same about Williams in 12 months time - who knows.

Literally said “January, or next summer”

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

12 months time on 14:09 - Aug 24 with 512 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

12 months time on 13:12 - Aug 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Literally said “January, or next summer”

My bad, so you did!

Although reading that there is no option in the deal, this thread and idea can be shut down now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024