Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, 3 wins and one defeat 19:12 - Aug 26 with 1056 viewsnoggin

Suddenly, some of our players aren't good enough. FFS.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:13 - Aug 26 with 1045 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tbf.

1.. I've not seen much negativity.

2.. of those that have said some players need replacing, they've said it since the season started. So it's not just based on one game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lol. (n/t) on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 1031 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Lol. (n/t) on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 1023 viewsnoggin

Lol. (n/t) on 19:14 - Aug 26 by Bloots

LOL

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:15 - Aug 26 with 1016 viewsBlueToad

Show us where this has been said

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:21 - Aug 26 with 976 viewsnoggin

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:15 - Aug 26 by BlueToad

Show us where this has been said

"he's been great in league 1 although even there his form seemed to tail off. I just think unfortunately he's not quite good enough for top of the championship - he rarely takes his man on and beats him these days, not like he used to do. Not suggesting he is suddenly awful or anything and still an important part of the team but just maybe lacking the cutting edge we now need"

"If thats his best ill drive him back to Manchester now, crikey"

"Hladky has been found out."

"Yes his pace got him in great positions but the quality just isn’t there. No end product and slow decision making. No point getting in the positions if can’t convert."

"Although Jackson set a goal up he played because I'm afraid Ladapo either can't or won't close anyone down one works hard with little ability, whilst the other one at this level as a lone striker up against is non existenct personally need 2 strikers as Hirst not yet proven at championship level."
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 19:30]

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:23 - Aug 26 with 966 viewsFrimleyBlue

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:21 - Aug 26 by noggin

"he's been great in league 1 although even there his form seemed to tail off. I just think unfortunately he's not quite good enough for top of the championship - he rarely takes his man on and beats him these days, not like he used to do. Not suggesting he is suddenly awful or anything and still an important part of the team but just maybe lacking the cutting edge we now need"

"If thats his best ill drive him back to Manchester now, crikey"

"Hladky has been found out."

"Yes his pace got him in great positions but the quality just isn’t there. No end product and slow decision making. No point getting in the positions if can’t convert."

"Although Jackson set a goal up he played because I'm afraid Ladapo either can't or won't close anyone down one works hard with little ability, whilst the other one at this level as a lone striker up against is non existenct personally need 2 strikers as Hirst not yet proven at championship level."
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 19:30]

1. Correct

2. Stupid

3. Not described well. Not found out. But he showed his weaknesses today.. It happens.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:30 - Aug 26 with 924 viewsMeadowlark

There's always someone who comes on here and makes up stuff about "what people are saying" just to get a reaction.
It usually starts with "Our fanbase are...."
This was a new variation.
As a non-story about a non-story it's quite a regular feature of the forum.
I'm trying to think of a name for it, so that I can just make a one word reply when it occurs. Happens on Facetube and twotter too.
So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:32 - Aug 26 with 903 viewsnoggin

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:30 - Aug 26 by Meadowlark

There's always someone who comes on here and makes up stuff about "what people are saying" just to get a reaction.
It usually starts with "Our fanbase are...."
This was a new variation.
As a non-story about a non-story it's quite a regular feature of the forum.
I'm trying to think of a name for it, so that I can just make a one word reply when it occurs. Happens on Facetube and twotter too.

Erm, I 've just given you 5 examples. I'm sure there's more if you care to look.

Login to get fewer ads

So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:38 - Aug 26 with 884 viewsoldbeardy

the team has done brilliantly to get 9 points from a possible 12. But saying that we need to improve the starting 11 if we are to challenge seriously isn't harsh or unfair - it reflects Ashton and McK's views too. And saying we need to improve the starting 11 is the same as saying some players aren't quite talented enough for the level we want to reach.
So, 3 wins and one defeat on 19:47 - Aug 26 with 825 viewscressi

Not saying that only game I think we were convincing was Stoke other games fine margins still need quality signings.
So, 3 wins and one defeat on 20:22 - Aug 26 with 697 viewsNaylorsrightboot

It's a fact we do need to strengthen. KmK and MA have both said we need to improve the team with better players and that is evident. Our owners want to keep progressing and as sad as it is to see some players not make the step up it will happen. Our owners are not in this league to make up the numbers. Americans never are. KmK is a blo0dy good boss but if it doesn't work for a long period they won't hesitate with him too or even Ashton come to that.
So, 3 wins and one defeat on 20:56 - Aug 26 with 629 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The club have been targeting positions to strengthen as well. That’s what clubs with ambition/funds will do. No one is going over the top on anything, outside of a few budgie trolls. People just have opinions (and from what I’ve seen, respectful ones at that). Get off your high horse.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 20:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024