Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learned today? 22:03 - Aug 26 with 2764 viewsnodge_blue

1. We still havent found Morsy's ceiling. Has there ever been a game for us where hes been found wanting or out of his depth? I dont think its an exaggeration that he could play in the premier league.
2. Burns did well. I was a touch worried about him but he was lively today. Kept a real threat. Just needed a touch more in the final moments.
3. Defense looked unsettled by their forward quality. We failed to get tight and blocks in and frankly all their first three goals were far too easy. Burgess played several dodgy passes.
4. Broadhead and Chaplin had moments but we needed them to get a hold of the game more. Neither let us down though.
5. Jackson. He was ok. Not brilliant as kieron said. He has virtually no hold up play. And you only have to compare him to the leeds lads to know what brilliant is.
6. We were more than competitive though. Still looks set for a decent season. Especially if we get a couple in?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learned today? on 22:11 - Aug 26 with 2640 viewsFrimleyBlue

I don't get how burns did well and lively. But Jackson was only OK. He got 2 assists. Shot saved. And was a nuisance all game.

No one would compare Jackson to any of the Leeds front line. Same as no one would expect any form of hold up play from him. That's not his game.
He's an attacking forward with pace who can be a pain. That's it. He's useful. But having said that despite the millions they cost.. I don't think I'd say any of their strikers were brilliant. Good yeah.. brilliant? That player for qpr last week caused us more problems as an individual than there's did imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What we learned today? on 22:26 - Aug 26 with 2540 viewsBloomBlue

I agree with a lot of that but I thought Morsy & Luongo went missing during that 20 min period Leeds had in the 1st half. Neither helped the defence out when required and didn't get on the ball enough to try and get control of the game in that period. Possibly unfair as Leeds deliberately targeted our wings and bypassed central midfield.
What we learned today? on 22:29 - Aug 26 with 2522 viewspointofblue

I forgot Burgess also had a late fitness test until being reminded this evening. Could explain why he looked a bit off. Certainly think he struggled most out of the back four, and Clarke didn't look 100% either. With both of those having to play within themselves, plus no Walton or Hirst, it was always going to be tough. Especially as Leeds were able to bring in Sinisterra, Gnonto and Piroe.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What we learned today? on 22:33 - Aug 26 with 2498 viewsnodge_blue

What we learned today? on 22:26 - Aug 26 by BloomBlue

I agree with a lot of that but I thought Morsy & Luongo went missing during that 20 min period Leeds had in the 1st half. Neither helped the defence out when required and didn't get on the ball enough to try and get control of the game in that period. Possibly unfair as Leeds deliberately targeted our wings and bypassed central midfield.

Exactly that. Centre mids cant do much when its the wide areas being attacked.

I thought Luongo was not as effective today and pleased that Taylor got some minutes. Having someone who can drive forward and score outside of the box goals will be a real asset.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learned today? on 23:49 - Aug 26 with 2306 viewsStewart27

What we learned today? on 22:11 - Aug 26 by FrimleyBlue

I don't get how burns did well and lively. But Jackson was only OK. He got 2 assists. Shot saved. And was a nuisance all game.

No one would compare Jackson to any of the Leeds front line. Same as no one would expect any form of hold up play from him. That's not his game.
He's an attacking forward with pace who can be a pain. That's it. He's useful. But having said that despite the millions they cost.. I don't think I'd say any of their strikers were brilliant. Good yeah.. brilliant? That player for qpr last week caused us more problems as an individual than there's did imo.

Because he did well and he was lively.

It’s quite simple really.
What we learned today? on 23:53 - Aug 26 with 2285 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Morsy wasn’t great today, slowed the game down a lot and had some very iffy moments. I’d say today’s example was why he couldn’t play in the Premier League, he’s far too slow and he’d spend half the season suspended because they go down like flies in that league. In fact it’s a shame Humphrey’s wasn’t on the bench, I’d have swapped either Morsy or Mass for him at 3-2 because we needed to actually up the tempo a bit, Morsy was far too ponderous and cost us going forward.
What we learned today? on 07:10 - Aug 27 with 2015 viewshomer_123

What we learned today? on 23:53 - Aug 26 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Morsy wasn’t great today, slowed the game down a lot and had some very iffy moments. I’d say today’s example was why he couldn’t play in the Premier League, he’s far too slow and he’d spend half the season suspended because they go down like flies in that league. In fact it’s a shame Humphrey’s wasn’t on the bench, I’d have swapped either Morsy or Mass for him at 3-2 because we needed to actually up the tempo a bit, Morsy was far too ponderous and cost us going forward.

Interesting perspective on Morsy yesterday....wrong but interesting.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What we learned today? on 07:40 - Aug 27 with 1934 viewsPioneerBlue

We are going through that phase of attack line for Morsy are we. Ffs.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Login to get fewer ads

What we learned today? on 12:58 - Aug 27 with 1743 viewsbilllm

Mass should have been subbed at ht for Taylor,
Morsy was doing most of it on his own,
What we learned today? on 13:05 - Aug 27 with 1726 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the occasions when Morsy was ponderous it was because nobody was moving for him. You have to ponder when you don't have any good options!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What we learned today? on 13:26 - Aug 27 with 1652 viewsElderGrizzly

What we learned today? on 22:29 - Aug 26 by pointofblue

I forgot Burgess also had a late fitness test until being reminded this evening. Could explain why he looked a bit off. Certainly think he struggled most out of the back four, and Clarke didn't look 100% either. With both of those having to play within themselves, plus no Walton or Hirst, it was always going to be tough. Especially as Leeds were able to bring in Sinisterra, Gnonto and Piroe.

I think that’s harsh on Burgess.

Mistakes for goals came from Woolf and Davis when you think Burgess would have more than likely lumped it away in his position.

As others have pointed out, they are unlikely to play against a £70m strikeforce again
What we learned today? on 13:54 - Aug 27 with 1518 viewsBloomBlue

What we learned today? on 22:33 - Aug 26 by nodge_blue

Exactly that. Centre mids cant do much when its the wide areas being attacked.

I thought Luongo was not as effective today and pleased that Taylor got some minutes. Having someone who can drive forward and score outside of the box goals will be a real asset.

Luongo was below his normal level, although to be fair, his level is always high so a slight drop does stand out.

I thought Leeds targeted our strength in CM to null us for some periods. Bit like Sunderland in the first game they keep tight on CM, and we got stuck between helping out defence and starting attacks and never fully delivered. CM then got to grips again although it was 1-3 by then. This is where Taylor will hopefully help, he's a natural box to box player, getting the ball out of defense and arriving late into the box from midfield can destroy the best defences aka Warky style.
What we learned today? on 19:54 - Aug 27 with 1223 viewsBlueBlueBlood

I'd rather a ponderous Morsy that keeps the ball than someone else losing it, not giving away cheap turnovers is crucial in this league.

4 league games 4 MOTM standard performances from the skip.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024