Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regardless of what any of us say 21:16 - Aug 31 with 468 viewsCoastalblue

None of us will know how good or bad this window is for at least 2-3 months.

Trust the process.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Regardless of what any of us say on 22:08 - Aug 31 with 365 viewsHighgateBlue

Quite right. The process has proven itself to be most trustworthy thus far. I bet McKenna trusted the process on Christmas morning as a kid - never tried to sneak downstairs early to get a look at his presents. What a mature and wise head he has for one so young.

The January window last year (well, last season, this year, apparently. How can it be that recently?) was an exceptional window, but as you say, it wasn't possible to be categorical that that was the case at the time. Anyone that premier league clubs let go for a million or so they can't really rate (Broadhead), a striker whose goalscoring record looked really not great is obviously not guaranteed to end well, even if he is youngish*, Clarke was a physical unit and had a Town connection, but was unproven and raw, and besides, how dare he challenge the great JD? And Luongo had been round the houses a little and never really been loved at his clubs. And he had not been dos Santos or Bullard (or even Lawrence, Fraser or J,Williams) during his early loan spell with us.

But those four were to a man excellent signings. Luongo was the least glamorous but was absolutely belting in that late run last season. It was a 4/4 window, without a doubt. We could start being optimistic in February, but as you say, it was 2 or 3 months until we knew we'd had a season-changing window.

*I should add that Scarlett is very substantially younger than Hirst, so I am not in the slightest worried about his lack of goals last season, especially given the state of the Portsmouth side, playing out of position on occasion, and a lot of sub appearances. And the fact that he did not have McKenna to coach the bejeezus out of him. I'm very pleased with his signing - McKenna has earned the right to be as hyperbolic about him as he has been, and it should excite us. An upgrade on TJJ, and if he plays like he can, he will be focussing Hirst's mind 100%.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024