Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Burgess 08:44 - Sep 1 with 786 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

A really good example of a player who wasn't fancied by fans or by McKenna when he first came in who has then got his head down and come on leaps and bound under the coaching from the management team - in particular Martyn Pert.

A really well deserved call up for Australia - pleased for him.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Cameron Burgess on 09:06 - Sep 1 with 655 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yep fair play, hold my hands up and say I didn’t rate him. I thought he was too error prone, and not technical enough to play our ‘out from the back game’. He was fantastic post jan, and a great start in the Championship.

Would still like to sign some cover/competition for him though - even if it’s another loan.
Cameron Burgess on 09:28 - Sep 1 with 604 views_clive_baker_

Pleased for him to a degree, but a bit of a shame that'll he'll be away for the Asia Cup if he's called up for it. Likely to miss a few weeks of the season. Morsy too with AFCON. Not ideal.
Cameron Burgess on 09:31 - Sep 1 with 583 viewsWickets

Really pleased for him . That's what happens when you play for the mighty Ipswich Town first international call up .
Cameron Burgess on 09:36 - Sep 1 with 565 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Cameron Burgess on 09:28 - Sep 1 by _clive_baker_

Pleased for him to a degree, but a bit of a shame that'll he'll be away for the Asia Cup if he's called up for it. Likely to miss a few weeks of the season. Morsy too with AFCON. Not ideal.

We will see the best from Morsy and Burgess for us as they look to increase their chances of making the final squad for the respective tournaments by turning out consistent performances. I agree though, not ideal if we find ourselves short in January.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Cameron Burgess on 09:39 - Sep 1 with 549 viewsDinDjarin

Not me. I always rated him above Fridge and got shot down on here several times for stating as much.
Cameron Burgess on 09:39 - Sep 1 with 547 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Cameron Burgess on 09:06 - Sep 1 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yep fair play, hold my hands up and say I didn’t rate him. I thought he was too error prone, and not technical enough to play our ‘out from the back game’. He was fantastic post jan, and a great start in the Championship.

Would still like to sign some cover/competition for him though - even if it’s another loan.

I think most people had their doubts ahead of the Championship, me included. I think we get caught up in comparing them to the best players in that position in the division - whereas, in truth, most of them aren't exactly world beaters and Burgess really looks comfortable and assured for me.

I think we will sign cover, but I have a feeling we will dip into the free agent market for that. I'm not sure of any names other than Cathcart and Tuanzebe though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024