Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Yarwood RIP. 22:24 - Sep 8 with 836 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

For those of us of a certain age, remember his TV show on a Saturday night.
Saw him live at the Regent too.
Clever and funny man back in the day.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Mike Yarwood RIP. on 22:26 - Sep 8 with 806 viewsKeno

Very clever and funny man

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mike Yarwood RIP. on 22:45 - Sep 8 with 750 viewsFreddies_Ears

I was amazed he was "only" 82... fabulous entertainer, perhaps the favourite of my late childhood.
Mike Yarwood RIP. on 22:48 - Sep 8 with 750 views_clive_baker_

Well before my time but became aware of him when watching one of Bob Monkhouse’s ‘audience with’ things on TV. Well worth a watch btw, he was pretty poorly at that point and it felt like his farewell, but he got Mike Yarwood on stage as a special guest. Explained how his severe anxiety was the reason for calling it a a day with comedy, but was very apparent how much respect Monkhouse had for him and well as some others he had inspired.
Mike Yarwood RIP. on 07:42 - Sep 9 with 565 viewsGlasgowBlue

Younger people won’t understand how big he was back in the 70’s. A permanent fixture on Saturday night TV when I was growing up.

R.I.P.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mike Yarwood RIP. on 07:50 - Sep 9 with 557 viewsWeWereZombies

He looked nothing like Harold Wilson but once he got the pipe out of his pocket and held it at just the right angle, interspersing comments at just the right moment with a movement that was too soft to be a jab but was definite nevertheless it needed no stretch of the imagination to see who he was imitating - and in a reasonably good-natured way too. Only Rory Bremner has come close, but he has a harder edge most of the time.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024