Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning 14:18 - Sep 14 with 7677 viewsMaySixth

anyone else out there impressing anyone?

surely we would go younger, more tactically minded, astute coach like KM

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 16:15 - Sep 20 with 773 viewsLion

When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 11:38 - Sep 15 by MaySixth

He will leave us at some point, just being a realist

If KMc stays, I honestly believe, he could even eclipse George Burley's achievements and he could one day have a statue of his own at Portman Road. He ( and his coaching team ) and us ( the football club ) can grow together. If he can continue the upward trajectory and the club can match it - lets be honest the club has also taken huge steps forward off the pitch as well as KMc's team on it, obviously the two things are wed together, why can't he be here for a decade, he'd only be 45, he's still so young. Whether it is a brilliant, inspired appointment by the club or we have got a bit lucky, the fact is he is here. And when you find yourself with a real gem at the helm of the club, like a Sir Bobby or a Brian Clough, they can challenge and almost force the club to match their ambitions to keep them. With willing owners as we have, we have a perfect storm for growth and I think right now, KMc and the club is the perfect marriage. Do you know what? If he stayed and we retained good owners, he could even match Sir Bobby's tenure, now wouldn't that be something

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 16:17 - Sep 20 with 765 viewsPhilTWTD

When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 15:20 - Sep 20 by Lion

We just love him so much Phil we don't even want to think about it. ( him leaving ) And as long as we keep progressing as we are and he's supported, I don't think he should leave for his own benefit either. If the worst happened and he was pinched from us, a realistic target who I think would be gettable? Well what Steve Schumacher has done and continues to do at Plymouth is very impressive. With KMc, I don't think he should be looking at an international / Irish job at this stage of his career, but get us in the prem and sustain it by establishing us for 2+seasons, well I wouldn't blame him for going if Man U came in, maybe that is his destiny. At least that would mean we would have him for the foreseeable future. More and more, I am starting to think he just maybe a little bit extra special, like Sir Bobby.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 15:31]

I agree, I think he's in the right place for him at the moment. I don't think he'd get any benefit out of an international job and the type of Premier League job he might get - and I'd be sceptical that anyone would offer him one at this stage - would be a club which longer term might not work out to be as good a prospect as Town.
When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 16:21 - Sep 20 with 749 viewsLion

When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 16:17 - Sep 20 by PhilTWTD

I agree, I think he's in the right place for him at the moment. I don't think he'd get any benefit out of an international job and the type of Premier League job he might get - and I'd be sceptical that anyone would offer him one at this stage - would be a club which longer term might not work out to be as good a prospect as Town.

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 18:49 - Sep 20 with 690 viewscressi

When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 01:53 - Sep 16 by Sharkey

Wiegman. She has the same kind of seriousness and thoroughness.

Wiegman would definitely be a Ashton thing but not for me I'm afraid a lady will cut her teeth but think it will be a league 2 side Wrexham owners love publicity lol.
When McKenna leaves us, my choice as manager would be Liam Manning on 11:52 - May 22 with 250 viewsMaySixth

i posted this at the start of the 2023-2024 season

now we are promoted to the Prem, if McKenna did walk, I would love Graham Potter although I think he is holding out for the England job

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024