Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£50 ticket yesterday 12:24 - Sep 17 with 2065 viewsHipsterectomy

But wtf does their club have to show for it?

Awful playing squad, a cheap manager, stewards who were friendly but had no idea what they were doing (poor old guy had been given around 300 envelopes with Town tickets and was reading them out by name to hand out to Town fans outside the ground wtf). Carling in plastic bottles as the only beer, worst football pie I’ve ever eaten (chicken balti ofc), no fcking menus up on the concourse so the poor staff were having to be asked every time wtf do you sell? That touchline by the dugouts is dead and in dire need of astroturf. Whole ground was rusting and falling apart.

I know PR is not exactly the best stadium in the country, and I’m sure it’s even worse for away fans, but it was shocking how bad the whole club is run and I was just a day visitor. Thank God for our owners

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

£50 ticket yesterday on 12:40 - Sep 17 with 1968 viewsLeedsblue1

I agree with many points.

The poor guy in the wheel chair waiting whilst nobody was there with the tickets was so poor.

Somebody then must’ve been in the away ticket turnstile bit from Ipswich whilst I was queuing to go through the turnstile and the Sheff Wed steward was so rude to whoever was in there. He just kept being abrupt saying you are meant to sort out the tickets it’s down to you. No you’re the home steward, we’ve come to your ground so can you just help!!

I’ve never been to an away ground that doesn’t have something up to tell you what is actually for sale before and that’s having been to Accrington, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Burton etc that are all tiny in comparison to Wednesday.

You then try to look over to see what’s there and it’s literally just Carling! Show some sort of imagination as to what you offer. Couldn’t see any chocolate. Couldn’t see what hot food they had. Terrible experience for away fans.

All this make you realise how lucky we now are to have a club that actually cares about the fans. Makes it a better experience. Offers something in regards choice for food and drink. Makes it a family atmosphere. I’d never ever take my 5 year old girl to Hillsborough but she loves the Fanzone and match day experience at Portman Road.

Like you’ve pointed out we were charged a ridiculous fee aswell for a ticket which equates to the same price for my adult ticket that I’ll hopefully be paying for me and my 15 year old lad to go to Huddersfield.

You’ll get people that say “you have a choice and you don’t have to pay it”. I want to follow Ipswich so I want to try and go if I can, I just don’t want to be ripped off for the privilege.

Thank god for Ashton and Gamechanger as this was us in the last few decades.
£50 ticket yesterday on 13:00 - Sep 17 with 1895 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The worst pie I ever had was at Coventry. I suspect it is still fossilised under the seat at their old ground right now! It was as hard and dry as a fossil as well as hardly lukewarm when I received it.

They sound like a club where we were under Evans.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

£50 ticket yesterday on 13:19 - Sep 17 with 1862 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

On a slightly different note, I was surprised to encounter a number of stewards at Hillsborough yesterday whom didn't know where the memorial was...

I honestly thought they were joking, but their blank faces told me otherwise.

I even met one younger steward whom was completely unaware of the tragedy. Maybe it's because I'm old and he definitely hadn't been born at that time?
£50 ticket yesterday on 13:50 - Sep 17 with 1777 viewsITFCSG

Hillsborough, a historic ground with usually good support but unfortunately is a now dump with parts of the ground seemingly falling apart. Probably what PR would end up after a couple more years under Evans. Sheff Wed pricing strategy it seems is based on whether the away contingent travels in large numbers or not. If yes, such as in the case of us then the tickets get moved into a higher tier and cost more £££.
£50 ticket yesterday on 13:53 - Sep 17 with 1760 viewsHipsterectomy

£50 ticket yesterday on 12:40 - Sep 17 by Leedsblue1

The poor guy in the wheel chair waiting whilst nobody was there with the tickets was so poor.

Somebody then must’ve been in the away ticket turnstile bit from Ipswich whilst I was queuing to go through the turnstile and the Sheff Wed steward was so rude to whoever was in there. He just kept being abrupt saying you are meant to sort out the tickets it’s down to you. No you’re the home steward, we’ve come to your ground so can you just help!!

I’ve never been to an away ground that doesn’t have something up to tell you what is actually for sale before and that’s having been to Accrington, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Burton etc that are all tiny in comparison to Wednesday.

You then try to look over to see what’s there and it’s literally just Carling! Show some sort of imagination as to what you offer. Couldn’t see any chocolate. Couldn’t see what hot food they had. Terrible experience for away fans.

All this make you realise how lucky we now are to have a club that actually cares about the fans. Makes it a better experience. Offers something in regards choice for food and drink. Makes it a family atmosphere. I’d never ever take my 5 year old girl to Hillsborough but she loves the Fanzone and match day experience at Portman Road.

Like you’ve pointed out we were charged a ridiculous fee aswell for a ticket which equates to the same price for my adult ticket that I’ll hopefully be paying for me and my 15 year old lad to go to Huddersfield.

You’ll get people that say “you have a choice and you don’t have to pay it”. I want to follow Ipswich so I want to try and go if I can, I just don’t want to be ripped off for the privilege.

100% agree with everything you said. It just felt like a club that no longer cares. It doesn’t care about its own fans, away fans (even though with tweaking we would have made them so much money just from food and drink yesterday) or even just making life easier for their staff. Very depressing all around and I imagine it’s going to get very nasty there soon

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

£50 ticket yesterday on 15:53 - Sep 17 with 1483 viewsEastTownBlue

£50 ticket yesterday on 12:40 - Sep 17 by Leedsblue1

Presumably it was the same steward I heard say “it’s your club’s fault” to those waiting to collect as I went past to access the turnstile ?

As for the ticket prices, what was charged yesterday and at QPR will be about my limit. Leeds will have to be a no.
£50 ticket yesterday on 16:00 - Sep 17 with 1467 viewsMetal_Hacker

When I collected my ticket from those guys they were saying that’s how the tickets came from Ipswich - nothing to do with Wednesday. It was our blunder not theirs

Poll: If it were one or the other

£50 ticket yesterday on 11:54 - Sep 18 with 1151 viewsSitfcB

Had tickets in the upper tier for Saturday, never been in lower as we’ve never had it, so didn’t think nothing of it when we arrived at the turnstiles and just went in a turnstile with a number I liked, 14.

Anyway, get through the turnstiles along with 3 kids I was with, and see we’ve entered into the lower tier, access to the upper tier blocked by gates, realising that there’s separate turnstiles for upper and lower and that I didn’t check the ticket because as I said didn’t think nothing of it.

Now, the point is, the upper tier tickets shouldn’t have worked in the turnstiles for the lower, this is a big flaw imo for obvious reasons we all know, we could’ve waltzed into the lower tier and spent the game in there, they even let the other bloke I was with through the gate to join us when they thought he was in the wrong place without checking his ticket.

I then went up to the gate saying to the steward “sorry we’ve come through the wrong gate - can we get through to go up to upper please” showed him the tickets and he didn’t really know where to look! Said I had to speak to a supervisor… so tracked the supervisor down and he quickly looked at the tickets and said to the guy on the gate yeah let them all through.

I know in the grand scheme of things this wasn’t a big issue yesterday as we were honest and wanted to get into the upper, plus the lower tier wasn’t full so wouldn’t have been a problem had we have gone through but on another day with a full attendance from another club maybe it would become an issue.

Like I say the upper tier tickets should not work on lower tier turnstiles, I’m sure it wouldn’t at most other grounds and I’d have been directed to the correct turnstiles.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

£50 ticket yesterday on 12:15 - Sep 18 with 1044 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

£50 ticket yesterday on 11:54 - Sep 18 by SitfcB

Had tickets in the upper tier for Saturday, never been in lower as we’ve never had it, so didn’t think nothing of it when we arrived at the turnstiles and just went in a turnstile with a number I liked, 14.

Anyway, get through the turnstiles along with 3 kids I was with, and see we’ve entered into the lower tier, access to the upper tier blocked by gates, realising that there’s separate turnstiles for upper and lower and that I didn’t check the ticket because as I said didn’t think nothing of it.

Now, the point is, the upper tier tickets shouldn’t have worked in the turnstiles for the lower, this is a big flaw imo for obvious reasons we all know, we could’ve waltzed into the lower tier and spent the game in there, they even let the other bloke I was with through the gate to join us when they thought he was in the wrong place without checking his ticket.

I then went up to the gate saying to the steward “sorry we’ve come through the wrong gate - can we get through to go up to upper please” showed him the tickets and he didn’t really know where to look! Said I had to speak to a supervisor… so tracked the supervisor down and he quickly looked at the tickets and said to the guy on the gate yeah let them all through.

I know in the grand scheme of things this wasn’t a big issue yesterday as we were honest and wanted to get into the upper, plus the lower tier wasn’t full so wouldn’t have been a problem had we have gone through but on another day with a full attendance from another club maybe it would become an issue.

Like I say the upper tier tickets should not work on lower tier turnstiles, I’m sure it wouldn’t at most other grounds and I’d have been directed to the correct turnstiles.

That’s concerning especially as there was a review by the sports stadium safety regulator after the overcrowding/ crushing at Newcastle cup game

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024