Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... 21:32 - Oct 1 with 3547 viewskeighleyblue

..has to be the worst I've experienced at any EFL ground, let alone Championship. The concourse area is tiny, all outdoors and really dismal in yesterday's rain if you (like me) got there early, expecting to at least have an indoor food/drinks bar and reasonable sized toilet blocks. Hudds have neither, so all away fans had to queue for ages in the drizzle. Really poor in this day and age, especially as there is plenty of space outside the stadium for a fanzone type facility (although maybe they don't own that space). Just hopelessly inadequate for this level of the game.

(As an aside the beer on offer was crap too, warm cans of John Smiths when the stand is sponsored by Magic Rock??? )
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 21:35]
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 21:39 - Oct 1 with 3454 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Yep thought exactly the same…..could here a pin drop when queuing up to get in and once in was very disappointed with the away ‘concourse’ area. Was a first for seeing 2 pint cups also!
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 21:44 - Oct 1 with 3421 viewsGlasgowBlue

Awful.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 21:46 - Oct 1 with 3427 viewsbluelou

If you’d had the roasties with brisket gravy you’d be singing a different tune.
Absolutely top drawer away day scran.

Agree about the lack of Magic Rock though.
We’d have had another round in their tap room before the game if we’d have known.
Shambles.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 22:20 - Oct 1 with 3292 viewsyorkshireblue

Seems odd that in the Magic Rock Stand, of the John Smiths Stadium - the only beer was Amstel.

IIRC correctly, they serve Magic Rock beers in the home end.
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 22:38 - Oct 1 with 3216 viewsFreddies_Ears

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 21:44 - Oct 1 by GlasgowBlue

Awful.

Better than QPR, and miles better than Watford, to name but two.
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 22:44 - Oct 1 with 3198 viewsHipsterectomy

Sheff Wed had a mile long p1ss trough and the whole toilet reeked of old pss. Got there an hour before kick off cause of the ticketing shambles and barely any food was being sold (there wasnt even a menu you had to ask each 17 year old worker what the menu was). One woman got told off for offering balti pies when there wasn't any. yet I got one from the other cashier. Beer was plastic bottles of carling and food was whatever handful of pie they had bothered cooking (an hour before kick off), or a sausage roll

I'm sorry but this won't ever be beaten

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 00:17 - Oct 2 with 3065 viewsStenvict

Queue for drinks at HT were a joke too. You know you're gonna sell a fair few pints, have them ready so you can sell more.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 00:54 - Oct 2 with 3018 viewsStevieH

You obviously didn’t go to Fleetwood !!
Login to get fewer ads

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 04:46 - Oct 2 with 2927 viewswitchdoctor

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 21:46 - Oct 1 by bluelou

If you’d had the roasties with brisket gravy you’d be singing a different tune.
Absolutely top drawer away day scran.

Agree about the lack of Magic Rock though.
We’d have had another round in their tap room before the game if we’d have known.
Shambles.

I saw someone with those roasties in the stand after I’d bought a rank meat and potato pie..gutted as they looked lush…
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:29 - Oct 2 with 2722 viewssaffers12

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 22:20 - Oct 1 by yorkshireblue

Seems odd that in the Magic Rock Stand, of the John Smiths Stadium - the only beer was Amstel.

they did serve it, its actually the same as another local beer and just add an extra quid and relabel I was informed by my Hudds supporting mate
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:34 - Oct 2 with 2710 viewsbluelou

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:29 - Oct 2 by saffers12

they did serve it, its actually the same as another local beer and just add an extra quid and relabel I was informed by my Hudds supporting mate

Not in the away end they didn’t. The only ale they had was John smiths.
They have a beer brewed specially for the club, called Town Lager or something like that which is indeed a rebranded one of their own lagers. But they don’t sell anything from MR in the away end. Unfortunately.

Also I’m surprised we’re moaning about the away facilities they were better than most of the home ones at Portman Road! At least they didn’t run out

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:37 - Oct 2 with 2706 viewsLRB84UK

They had a good fanzone, we walked down the hill and found it. There were inflatable games for the kids, several food stands including a home baked cake stand. Then a bit further along was the main fanzone with a massive telly showing the Southampton Leeds game. More food stalls and bars. There was also a supporters club type bar selling the big 2 pinters which was home and away fan friendly and was both inside and outside. It was all about a 2 to 3 minute walk from the away area
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:37 - Oct 2 with 2688 viewssaffers12

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:34 - Oct 2 by bluelou

Not in the away end they didn’t. The only ale they had was John smiths.
They have a beer brewed specially for the club, called Town Lager or something like that which is indeed a rebranded one of their own lagers. But they don’t sell anything from MR in the away end. Unfortunately.

Also I’m surprised we’re moaning about the away facilities they were better than most of the home ones at Portman Road! At least they didn’t run out

I sat in the home
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:39 - Oct 2 with 2660 viewsbluelou

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:37 - Oct 2 by saffers12

I sat in the home

Just realised that, apologies

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:51 - Oct 2 with 2588 viewsTractorgirlforever

I thought the ground inside looked quite good and there were plenty of places within 10 min walk where you could get food like subway, mcdonalds, costa, kfc, starbucks, greggs etc but facilities at the ground were slightly lacking. I couldnt get a programme anywhere .
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:58 - Oct 2 with 2537 viewskeighleyblue

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 07:51 - Oct 2 by Tractorgirlforever

I thought the ground inside looked quite good and there were plenty of places within 10 min walk where you could get food like subway, mcdonalds, costa, kfc, starbucks, greggs etc but facilities at the ground were slightly lacking. I couldnt get a programme anywhere .

Agreed the ground inside is decent, great view of the pitch etc but I obviously missed the attractions that were not signposted walking up to the away stand, as I was with 90-year old father in law who didn't want to walk far we just joined the massive queue to get in (2 turnstiles???) assuming there'd be something waiting for us inside the ground. Ah well - dont want to sound like a moaner, I'll know next time
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 08:53 - Oct 2 with 2368 viewsGlasgowBlue

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 00:54 - Oct 2 by StevieH

You obviously didn’t go to Fleetwood !!

At least Fleetwood’s bar was inside.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 08:57 - Oct 2 with 2349 viewsRegencyBlue

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 00:17 - Oct 2 by Stenvict

Queue for drinks at HT were a joke too. You know you're gonna sell a fair few pints, have them ready so you can sell more.

To be fair we never worked that one out under 14 years of Evans!
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 09:41 - Oct 2 with 2215 viewsbluelou

that aside it really is a lovely little stadium in a beautiful verdant spot in the hills...we saw all the fanzone bits and should have stayed there longer

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 15:32 - Oct 2 with 1826 viewslizzibee

It was shocking wasn't it. Queued for ages for a hot pasty but unbeknown to me they were from the other kiosk - absolutely no decent signage. So, I joined that queue and moved slower than an asthmatic snail. The people behind the counter had no idea how to actually move, let alone smile or be polite!
Toilets were shocking also!
For a newish ground they really didn't factor how to treat away fans - one of the worst I've been to
Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 18:38 - Oct 2 with 1707 viewsbrogansnose

The real issue here is that facilities for football fans are , in the main, pretty atrocious and overpriced.
Our own fanzone food options could be way better on 18:51 - Oct 2 with 1665 viewsunstableblue

Bolton for example have some lovely options

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 19:04 - Oct 2 with 1640 viewsstonojnr

Facilities for away fans at Hudds... on 22:20 - Oct 1 by yorkshireblue

not really, Amstel are owned by Heineken, Heineken own John Smiths, in fact I think Amstel (the UK version at least) is even brewed at the John Smiths brewery.

Magic Rock beer should be available all around the stadium I thought, theyve even got their own S'Up the Town lager, Greene King should take note.

but I wonder if availability is limited partly because Magic Rock dont have the capacity to keep the whole ground supplied, they arent that big a brewery, plus Heineken obviously have some beer pouring rights deal still as well, and theres no way Magic Rock could outbid Heineken for all deal.

and so the outcome is the away fans end gets the Heineken stuff, whilst the home fans get Magic Rock and maybe some Heineken choices, and its not just beer, Heineken can probably supply all the soft drinks, ciders too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024