Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGod 23:25 - Oct 7 with 2309 viewsnshearman1

I’m already getting messages asking if we don’t get promotion to the Premiership this season will we be able to hang on to McKenna? My hope is that he will be challenged and man enough to want us to get to the promised land before he leaves - or not?….
McGod on 23:34 - Oct 7 with 2213 viewsSuperfrans

The good news for us is that the two clubs he is most connected with are unlikely to come calling so soon.

Spurs have a new manager who they are very happy with. They’re not going to want to replace him in the next year, very unlikely.

And ManU won’t go for a manager with just a couple of seasons behind him, in league 1 and the Championship.

I reckon we’ll be fine for this season and next, personally. 🤞

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

McGod on 23:48 - Oct 7 with 2159 viewsDarkBrandon

McGod on 23:34 - Oct 7 by Superfrans

The good news for us is that the two clubs he is most connected with are unlikely to come calling so soon.

Spurs have a new manager who they are very happy with. They’re not going to want to replace him in the next year, very unlikely.

And ManU won’t go for a manager with just a couple of seasons behind him, in league 1 and the Championship.

I reckon we’ll be fine for this season and next, personally. 🤞

We are approaching the stage where if we don’t go up then something fairly dramatic will have to go wrong. We clearly aren’t there yet, but another 6-8 games of anything approaching this form and the gap to third will comfortably be in double figures.

Then either we go up … or something goes wrong and KM will then seem like a less obviously brilliant appointment for Palace/Fulham/Everton/West Ham/Villa
McGod on 01:18 - Oct 8 with 1945 viewskiwiblue

He has built this team from a group of under preforming players with a skill of imposing a style on a group keen to buy in to his belief.
That is his success and will be hard with a group assembled over 4/5 years in the prem if he takes over a proven big team. Would be the next challenge to lay your ideas on a team assembled as stars from the 7 corners of the globe and make it work.
Think he would like to achieve his plans with us and then move on in 3 years for the next challenge, so we have to enjoy it while he is our manager.
McGod on 02:38 - Oct 8 with 1847 viewsWickets

McGod on 23:48 - Oct 7 by DarkBrandon

We are approaching the stage where if we don’t go up then something fairly dramatic will have to go wrong. We clearly aren’t there yet, but another 6-8 games of anything approaching this form and the gap to third will comfortably be in double figures.

Then either we go up … or something goes wrong and KM will then seem like a less obviously brilliant appointment for Palace/Fulham/Everton/West Ham/Villa

Reality check we are not a third of the way through the season yet !
McGod on 07:59 - Oct 8 with 1598 viewsDarkBrandon

McGod on 02:38 - Oct 8 by Wickets

Reality check we are not a third of the way through the season yet !

No, but we are a quarter of the way through, and that quarter has been phenomenal. The fact that we are still second disguises slightly what a good start we’ve had.

The gap to third is currently a very impressive 8 points.

Our next block of games is:
Rotherham (a)
Bristol (a)
Plymouth (h)
Birmingham (a)
Swansea (h)

After that we will be a quarter of the way through the season and if the gap has grown further …

A lot can go wrong of course.
We are currently turning over the odd side, but also coming on the right side of a lot of tight games. A small shift in the latter and our form will look much more like a play-off side than a runaway promotion one.

We’ve coped well with injuries so far - especially Walton’s - but there are a couple of players we couldn’t replace in our current squad without weakening it. Hirst, Morsi and probably Luongo.

We also haven’t had to rotate some positions too much, so fatigue could be an issue soon with the way that we play.

So a lot can go wrong. But also, it doesn’t need to go wrong, or doesn’t need to go wrong right now.

The point remains, that our start is so good that the gap will look pretty imposing to all very quickly if we carry on on this track for just a month.

Ok. I’ll stop tempting fate now.
McGod on 13:15 - Oct 8 with 1353 viewsWickets

McGod on 07:59 - Oct 8 by DarkBrandon

No, but we are a quarter of the way through, and that quarter has been phenomenal. The fact that we are still second disguises slightly what a good start we’ve had.

Rotherham (a)
Bristol (a)
Plymouth (h)
Birmingham (a)
Swansea (h)

After that we will be a quarter of the way through the season and if the gap has grown further …

We are currently turning over the odd side, but also coming on the right side of a lot of tight games. A small shift in the latter and our form will look much more like a play-off side than a runaway promotion one.

We’ve coped well with injuries so far - especially Walton’s - but there are a couple of players we couldn’t replace in our current squad without weakening it. Hirst, Morsi and probably Luongo.

We also haven’t had to rotate some positions too much, so fatigue could be an issue soon with the way that we play.

So a lot can go wrong. But also, it doesn’t need to go wrong, or doesn’t need to go wrong right now.

The point remains, that our start is so good that the gap will look pretty imposing to all very quickly if we carry on on this track for just a month.

Well for me it's so far so good and don't get ahead of ourselves it's an old un but very apt for this situation , each game as it comes .
McGod on 13:25 - Oct 8 with 1314 viewsPinewoodblue

McGod on 07:59 - Oct 8 by DarkBrandon

Rotherham (a)
Bristol (a)
Plymouth (h)
Birmingham (a)
Swansea (h)

Maths not your strong point. 16 isn’t a quarter of 46.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

McGod on 13:35 - Oct 8 with 1270 viewsDarkBrandon

McGod on 13:25 - Oct 8 by Pinewoodblue

Maths not your strong point. 16 isn’t a quarter of 46.

I meant a third, not a quarter. We are (basically) at a quarter now.
Login to get fewer ads

McGod on 14:51 - Oct 8 with 1150 viewsJohnTy

McGod on 13:35 - Oct 8 by DarkBrandon

We must stay humble apparently.
McGod on 14:54 - Oct 8 with 1137 viewsTrequartista

If we don't go up, he will be less in demand than if we do go up, and if we do go up, there will be fewer teams that would be able to convince him to leave.

So it probably balances itself, and not much need to worry about it now.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 14:54]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

McGod on 15:56 - Oct 8 with 1039 viewsyesjohn99

McGod on 13:35 - Oct 8 by DarkBrandon

Dare say quite a few knew what you meant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024