Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads 12:57 - Oct 12 with 1277 viewsfhb1

Just noticed the Film Theatre is showing this film over the weekend - a classic. But can it really be nearly 40 years since the first showing ?
Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 13:24 - Oct 12 with 1220 viewsGlasgowBlue

You’ll not see many more energetic performances than this.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 13:59 - Oct 12 with 1170 viewsblueasfook

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 13:24 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

You’ll not see many more energetic performances than this.

Ah! My favourite Talking Heads footage. Love it when he goes running around the stage, and the whole band bopping away. Just full of energy. Love it!

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 14:45 - Oct 12 with 1108 viewssoupytwist

I saw the remastered edition a couple of weeks ago at Cineworld in Braintree. It's very good, they're the band I wish I'd been able to see (and specifically that line up with Bernie Worrell etc.)

Not exactly a packed auditorium for a Friday evening I think there was just about 10 of us including me and my wife.
Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 15:29 - Oct 12 with 1060 viewsChurchman

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 14:45 - Oct 12 by soupytwist

I saw the remastered edition a couple of weeks ago at Cineworld in Braintree. It's very good, they're the band I wish I'd been able to see (and specifically that line up with Bernie Worrell etc.)

Not exactly a packed auditorium for a Friday evening I think there was just about 10 of us including me and my wife.

Same with me - the one band I’d really love to have seen. A friend of mine did back in the day and reckoned it was one of the best gigs he’d ever been to.

David Byrne was a real oddball. Even the band didn’t know what he was going to do next half the time.

Really liked Talking Heads and still do.
Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 16:30 - Oct 12 with 970 viewsfhb1

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 15:29 - Oct 12 by Churchman

Same with me - the one band I’d really love to have seen. A friend of mine did back in the day and reckoned it was one of the best gigs he’d ever been to.

David Byrne was a real oddball. Even the band didn’t know what he was going to do next half the time.

Lord knows if this will work, but it's Slippery People for me - just love it.

I remember people applauding the film when I first watched it in the 80's - everyone felt a bit odd for doing so in a cinema - but felt you couldn't simply get up, and quietly walk out !

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 16:33 - Oct 12 with 965 viewsEdwardStone

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 15:29 - Oct 12 by Churchman

I saw David Byrne performing on one of the smaller stages at Glasto some years ago, solo...not with Talking Heads.

He was superb, I reckon he should have been given the main stage.

He played some amount of hs Latin beat stuff but also a good number of favourites from Talking Heads days.

The final number was him in a Morph suit decorated like a Da Vinci diagram of all the muscle groups whilst singing Psycho Killer

One of my top Glastonbury memories
Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 17:30 - Oct 12 with 894 viewsDarkBrandon

Personally I prefer the lineup and setlist from their 1980 tour. This version of Born Under Punches with Adrian Belew is stunning. Thankfully the entire concert was recorded for Italian tv and is on YT

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads on 17:46 - Oct 12 with 879 viewsDJR

Did you know that David Byrne was born in Dumbarton? And his parents left for North America in part because of family tensions about their interfaith marriage?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2023 17:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024