Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May I suggest No Politics Friday 22:01 - Oct 19 with 2795 viewsblueasfook

The news is all so depressing at the moment and the old TWTD has been reflective of so many polarised views on social media. I for one, am feeling a bit jaded by it all. So can I propose No Politcs Friday tomorrow on the eve of our great team being back in championship action after the international break. Let's forget for a day about depressing world events and talk about stuff like our favourite town memories, silly stuff, your Friday poo, whatever. Anything rather than endless threads dissing each other.

A fookin men

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:05 - Oct 19 with 2288 viewsLord_Lucan

I can’t even watch the news at the moment and if I click on an Israel post it’s largely by mistake.

I just can’t deal with it all, by nature I’m just a soft tart.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:06 - Oct 19 with 2277 viewsblueasfook

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:05 - Oct 19 by Lord_Lucan

I can’t even watch the news at the moment and if I click on an Israel post it’s largely by mistake.

I just can’t deal with it all, by nature I’m just a soft tart.

You and me both mate. Lot of sh1t in the world at the moment. Be nice if we can keep it off the board, if only for a day.

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:10 - Oct 19 with 2237 viewsDubtractor

I had baked beans for dinner, so tomorrow's poo could be a good one. Feels appropriate for a matchday effort.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:11 - Oct 19 with 2207 viewsblueasfook

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:10 - Oct 19 by Dubtractor

I had baked beans for dinner, so tomorrow's poo could be a good one. Feels appropriate for a matchday effort.

^this is what I'm talking about. I look forward to Dubbies Friday Poo tomorrow

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:12 - Oct 19 with 2185 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:10 - Oct 19 by Dubtractor

Breaking news....footie will be cancelled. That should cheer us all up.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:13 - Oct 19 with 2173 viewsDubtractor

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:11 - Oct 19 by blueasfook

^this is what I'm talking about. I look forward to Dubbies Friday Poo tomorrow

The only issue is that I have back to back teams meetings from 9 till 1, so I'm going to have to get in early, and it may not be quite ready.

People say that WFH is easy, but they don't understand the challenges we face.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:15 - Oct 19 with 2161 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:12 - Oct 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Breaking news....footie will be cancelled. That should cheer us all up.

Water footie polo?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 2140 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:15 - Oct 19 by StochesStotasBlewe

Water footie polo?

Looks like a day off for you tomorrow Lancelot....I'm getting too old for these hedges, sore as feck! Lucan may have lured me in to his conifer hedge hell btw!!

Login to get fewer ads

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:21 - Oct 19 with 2123 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:15 - Oct 19 by StochesStotasBlewe

Water footie polo?

Water Leeds pub crawl

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:34 - Oct 19 with 2066 viewsTangledupin_Blue

May I suggest that, if you are 'depressed' and 'jaded' with the current affairs threads, then you (and others) avoid reading them. And if it bothers you enough then you could (sorry, Phil) avoid TWTD completely for a day. Your very own 'No Politics Friday'.

Those of us who wish may then continue to use the site as per our interests.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:37 - Oct 19 with 2042 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:19 - Oct 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Looks like a day off for you tomorrow Lancelot....I'm getting too old for these hedges, sore as feck! Lucan may have lured me in to his conifer hedge hell btw!!

Binned it off already fella. Looking after the grandson so going to be equally knackering.
Good luck with the Lucan hedge. Hope your daily rate reflects the pain

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:47 - Oct 19 with 2007 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:37 - Oct 19 by StochesStotasBlewe

Binned it off already fella. Looking after the grandson so going to be equally knackering.
Good luck with the Lucan hedge. Hope your daily rate reflects the pain

Chimney sweep rates innit! Come and help, we'll coin it in...cash of course.

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:00 - Oct 19 with 1962 viewsWeWereZombies

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:13 - Oct 19 by Dubtractor

The only issue is that I have back to back teams meetings from 9 till 1, so I'm going to have to get in early, and it may not be quite ready.

People say that WFH is easy, but they don't understand the challenges we face.

I don't think I have had a dump today. Tomorrow could be a bit epic...or difficult.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:26 - Oct 19 with 1924 viewsWeWereZombies

I can understand the sentiment but is the day when two by-election results will be declared the best one for 'No politics Friday' ?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:27 - Oct 19 with 1920 viewsblueasfook

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 22:34 - Oct 19 by Tangledupin_Blue

May I suggest that, if you are 'depressed' and 'jaded' with the current affairs threads, then you (and others) avoid reading them. And if it bothers you enough then you could (sorry, Phil) avoid TWTD completely for a day. Your very own 'No Politics Friday'.

Those of us who wish may then continue to use the site as per our interests.

You do know it's actually a football message board right? Personally, I think Phil should ban politics for a while. Its all got very tedious.

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:44 - Oct 19 with 1864 viewsbaxterbasics

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:27 - Oct 19 by blueasfook

You do know it's actually a football message board right? Personally, I think Phil should ban politics for a while. Its all got very tedious.

That's why we have a filter though. Anyone can 'self ban' the non football nonsense.

That aside politics is in everything and affects everything. It can't really be avoided.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:49 - Oct 19 with 1845 viewsWeWereZombies

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:44 - Oct 19 by baxterbasics

That's why we have a filter though. Anyone can 'self ban' the non football nonsense.

That aside politics is in everything and affects everything. It can't really be avoided.

Good points, well made.

Perhaps we could have a discuss politics sanely, soberly and with mutual respect Friday ?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:52 - Oct 19 with 1845 viewsTangledupin_Blue

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:27 - Oct 19 by blueasfook

You do know that you can select 'football' or 'general' messages, right? You want to determine what the rest of us may or may not discuss on the basis of what you find tedious. Why not just ignore the subjects you don't like as if you were an adult?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:58 - Oct 19 with 1826 viewsSwansea_Blue

No social media Friday sounds like a better option. Best thing I ever did was getting rid of it all (except here of course). I’ve got fewer views on things, but then you realise often they weren’t my own views anyway.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 01:43 - Oct 20 with 1757 viewsRyorry

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:49 - Oct 19 by WeWereZombies

Good points, well made.

Perhaps we could have a discuss politics sanely, soberly and with mutual respect Friday ?

Easy to arrange - give two well-known posters free beer for a few hours tonight followed by a duvet day in place of dredging up each other’s’ posting history every time certain topics crop up; and Roberta’s your auntie :)

Poll: Time of the annunciation

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 08:09 - Oct 20 with 1491 viewsfabian_illness

I like the general posts side for all its variety, my gutters are blocked, my car is broken, who remembers Martin and Newbys.
The politics does get horrendously tedious and its difficult to ignore. When it takes over, I just go and look at other sites.
May I suggest No Politics Friday on 08:25 - Oct 20 with 1466 viewsWeWereZombies

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 01:43 - Oct 20 by Ryorry

Easy to arrange - give two well-known posters free beer for a few hours tonight followed by a duvet day in place of dredging up each other’s’ posting history every time certain topics crop up; and Roberta’s your auntie :)

But what if they breed ?

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 08:44 - Oct 20 with 1442 viewsRyorry

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 08:25 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

But what if they breed ?

On the plus side, maybe that would result in peace in the Middle East in 40 years' time, and a reforming left of centre party in the UK?!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 08:51 - Oct 20 with 1426 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 23:58 - Oct 19 by Swansea_Blue

No social media Friday sounds like a better option. Best thing I ever did was getting rid of it all (except here of course). I’ve got fewer views on things, but then you realise often they weren’t my own views anyway.

How do you know this is your view?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 08:53 - Oct 20 with 1411 viewsWeWereZombies

May I suggest No Politics Friday on 08:51 - Oct 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

How do you know this is your view?

I believe thread or table is the correct criteria necessary to pose that question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024