Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world 19:04 - Oct 29 with 77073 viewsGlasgowBlue

As per Dan's idea, this is the one thread for posting anti semitism awareness in the aftermath of the 7/11 pogrom.

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world

[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 13:26]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 17:15 - Dec 8 with 2794 viewspositivity

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 16:07 - Dec 8 by giant_stow

Its a weird place to fin myself defending this woman, but if you take a look at her twitter, I think she's either feeling events absolutely massively on an emotional level or actually partially lost it. If she must be prosecuted, I hope any sentence would be light.

any mental illness or trauma would be taken into account with sentencing if found guilty; obviously that would raise questions with any braverman case as she was a home secretary at the time!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:28 - Dec 8 with 2701 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 16:07 - Dec 8 by giant_stow

Its a weird place to fin myself defending this woman, but if you take a look at her twitter, I think she's either feeling events absolutely massively on an emotional level or actually partially lost it. If she must be prosecuted, I hope any sentence would be light.

She wouldn't last long on here using this sort of language.

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:34 - Dec 9 with 2567 viewsgiant_stow

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:28 - Dec 8 by GlasgowBlue

Fair dos.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:13 - Dec 9 with 2518 viewsZapers

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:28 - Dec 8 by GlasgowBlue

I see that Ross Stevens has accused the university of Pennsylvania of ‘ permissive approach to hate speech’ as a result the Wall Street donor is withdrawing a $100 million gift to the university.

Ross Stevens the founder and chief exec of New York-based Stone Ridge asset Management.

Ouch!

In a letter to staff, he said “ it’s permissive approach to hate speech calling for violence against Jews and laissez-fair attitude towards harassment and discrimination against Jewish students would violate any policies of rules that prohibit harassment and discrimination based on religion, including those of Stone Ridge”

There has since been growing calls for the resignation of E. Magill the president of Pennsylvania, C. Gay of Harvard and S. Kornbluth of Massachusetts.

In the following days the backtracking and excuses started.

Hopefully they will soon be replaced by all three universities.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:22 - Dec 9 with 2497 viewsZapers

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:13 - Dec 9 by Zapers

I see that Ross Stevens has accused the university of Pennsylvania of ‘ permissive approach to hate speech’ as a result the Wall Street donor is withdrawing a $100 million gift to the university.

Ross Stevens the founder and chief exec of New York-based Stone Ridge asset Management.

Ouch!

In a letter to staff, he said “ it’s permissive approach to hate speech calling for violence against Jews and laissez-fair attitude towards harassment and discrimination against Jewish students would violate any policies of rules that prohibit harassment and discrimination based on religion, including those of Stone Ridge”

There has since been growing calls for the resignation of E. Magill the president of Pennsylvania, C. Gay of Harvard and S. Kornbluth of Massachusetts.

In the following days the backtracking and excuses started.

Hopefully they will soon be replaced by all three universities.

Incidentally, I never came across the use of the word context, never mentioned once.

Those that splutter the word context, I prefer the use of the words 'In denial'
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 21:38 - Dec 19 with 2215 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see that after Chanel 4 announced that Stephen Fry will be giving the alternative Christmas Day speech this year, the anti semites have been out in full force.

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:06 - Dec 19 with 2156 viewsDJR

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 21:38 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

I see that after Chanel 4 announced that Stephen Fry will be giving the alternative Christmas Day speech this year, the anti semites have been out in full force.

That's pretty awful.

Why can't people just stick to criticising the actions of the Israeli government (as I have done) without resorting to antisemitism?
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:22 - Dec 19 with 2123 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:06 - Dec 19 by DJR

That's pretty awful.

Why can't people just stick to criticising the actions of the Israeli government (as I have done) without resorting to antisemitism?

In the overwhelming majority of instances they do yet for some reason there are those that want to draw disproportionate emphasis towards a tiny minority. I can't for the life of me fathom out why.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:35 - Dec 19 with 2079 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 21:38 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

This isn’t an attempt to dismiss the content, but have you considered just ignoring social media? It’s a sewer. There’s an endless source of things to find offensive on there. I strongly recommend packing it in and use the saved time and emotional bandwidth for something more positive. Sorry to single out one of your posts; it’s not meant personally. Irrespective of beliefs and positions, it’s a waste of time and energy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:38 - Dec 19 with 2061 viewspositivity

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:22 - Dec 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

In the overwhelming majority of instances they do yet for some reason there are those that want to draw disproportionate emphasis towards a tiny minority. I can't for the life of me fathom out why.

i think it's good to call out and shine a light on the tiny minority of antisemites and other racists.

to show that you have no truck with racism, but you still condemn the evils propagated by the current israeli governement

to ensure that their poison doesn't become normalised again

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:40 - Dec 19 with 2055 viewsJ2BLUE

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:06 - Dec 19 by DJR

That's pretty awful.

Because it's the minor excuse needed to go after Jews in general.

It's no wonder Israel are going in so strong when they have been attacked like that. Around the world people are happily targeting Jews yet again so Israel probably feel justified in using such force for what they likely consider an existential threat.

I am not suggesting they should do anything they want but I don't think the global reaction of the public in many countries has helped. It would have been better to take to the streets with both Palestine and Israel flags and call for restraint. Instead of targeting random Jewish people we should have been making it clear antisemitism (and Islamophobia) will not be allowed to take hold. Israel can claim they are justified in their actions when the world so easily turns on Jewish people and the likes of Iran/Hamas want to wipe them off the map.

Again, not saying they ARE but getting tired of the complete lack of context from the pro Palestinian side (I don't mean you).

The world is so fractured and everything is so black and white now for many people. The world needs balanced people to solve this. Pressure should be put on Israel but people should also acknowledge why they are doing this.

Edit: typo
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 10:41]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 23:12 - Dec 19 with 1986 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:35 - Dec 19 by Swansea_Blue

This isn’t an attempt to dismiss the content, but have you considered just ignoring social media? It’s a sewer. There’s an endless source of things to find offensive on there. I strongly recommend packing it in and use the saved time and emotional bandwidth for something more positive. Sorry to single out one of your posts; it’s not meant personally. Irrespective of beliefs and positions, it’s a waste of time and energy.

Because it manifests into sh1t like this on our streets.

edit. And I would suggest that highlighting a form of racism that can affect members of my family is doing something positive. I couldn't imagine somebody with a wife who was black highlighting racism against black people being told to do something more positive with their time. Baddiel called it right with the title of his book.

edit. edit. And the fact that I have to constantly justify this shows that there is so much more work to do.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 23:22]

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 23:32 - Dec 19 with 1966 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:40 - Dec 19 by J2BLUE

It's no wonder Israel are going in so strong when they have been attacked like that. Around the world people are happily targeting Jews yet again so Israel probably feel justified in using such force for what they likely consider an existential threat.

I am not suggesting they should do anything they want but I don't think the global reaction of the public in many countries has helped. It would have been better to take to the streets with both Palestine and Israel flags and call for restraint. Instead of targeting random Jewish people we should have been making it clear antisemitism (and Islamophobia) will not be allowed to take hold. Israel can claim they are justified in their actions when the world so easily turns on Jewish people and the likes of Iran/Hamas want to wipe them off the map.

Again, not saying they ARE but getting tired of the complete lack of context from the pro Palestinian side (I don't mean you).

The world is so fractured and everything is so black and white now for many people. The world needs balanced people to solve this. Pressure should be put on Israel but people should also acknowledge why they are doing this.

".....when the world so easily turns on Jewish people...."
You what?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 01:10 - Dec 20 with 1915 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:40 - Dec 19 by J2BLUE

Spot on about the world turning on Jews. Horrific figures. And some of these are already out if date as anti semiotic incidents have snowballed since the biggest pogrom in recent memory occurred on October 7th.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-antisemitic-incidents-up-about-400-since-isr

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2023/oct/20/antisemitic-hate-crimes-in-london-r

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2023/10/25/antisemitism-in-europe-reaching-le

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/nov/28/australia-open-letter-con

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/unprecedented-antisemitism-in-toronto-has-skyrocketed
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 7:01]

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 07:27 - Dec 20 with 1797 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 01:10 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

Spot on about the world turning on Jews. Horrific figures. And some of these are already out if date as anti semiotic incidents have snowballed since the biggest pogrom in recent memory occurred on October 7th.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-antisemitic-incidents-up-about-400-since-isr

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2023/oct/20/antisemitic-hate-crimes-in-london-r

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2023/10/25/antisemitism-in-europe-reaching-le

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/nov/28/australia-open-letter-con

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/unprecedented-antisemitism-in-toronto-has-skyrocketed
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 7:01]

Well I opened the Guardian and if that is supposed to illustrate "the World turning on Jews" I won't be bothering with the rest....

"The letter quotes a figure from the Executive Council of Australian Jewry that there has been a 482% rise in antisemitic incidents over the past seven weeks across Australia, since the 7 October attack by Hamas on Israel and subsequent Israeli attacks on Gaza.
There has also been an “unprecedented” rise across Australia of Islamophobic incidents, according to the Islamophobia Register, which has recorded a 1,300% rise in cases since 7 October."

"The Islamophobia Register’s executive director, Sharara Attai, said Muslim and Arab members of the community were feeling scared and anxious, afraid to leave the house alone or with their children, afraid to go to school and afraid to attend mosque to pray.
“A lot of people are feeling very scared to just live normal lives,” she said on Tuesday.
According to the register, there have been 230 reports of Islamophobic incidents since 7 October to 24 November – a thirteen-fold increase when compared with pre-7 October levels in 2023 on a week-by-week basis. It began tracking incidents in 2014"

So in the case of Islamaphobia which is apparently worse, a 1,300% increase represents 230 incidents in 7 weeks.
It looks to me that these articles will merely confirm your social media induced distorted view of reality.

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 07:37 - Dec 20 with 1786 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 07:27 - Dec 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well I opened the Guardian and if that is supposed to illustrate "the World turning on Jews" I won't be bothering with the rest....

"The letter quotes a figure from the Executive Council of Australian Jewry that there has been a 482% rise in antisemitic incidents over the past seven weeks across Australia, since the 7 October attack by Hamas on Israel and subsequent Israeli attacks on Gaza.
There has also been an “unprecedented” rise across Australia of Islamophobic incidents, according to the Islamophobia Register, which has recorded a 1,300% rise in cases since 7 October."

"The Islamophobia Register’s executive director, Sharara Attai, said Muslim and Arab members of the community were feeling scared and anxious, afraid to leave the house alone or with their children, afraid to go to school and afraid to attend mosque to pray.
“A lot of people are feeling very scared to just live normal lives,” she said on Tuesday.
According to the register, there have been 230 reports of Islamophobic incidents since 7 October to 24 November – a thirteen-fold increase when compared with pre-7 October levels in 2023 on a week-by-week basis. It began tracking incidents in 2014"

So in the case of Islamaphobia which is apparently worse, a 1,300% increase represents 230 incidents in 7 weeks.
It looks to me that these articles will merely confirm your social media induced distorted view of reality.

“Antisemitic hate crimes in London up 1,350%, Met police say….UK, with Islamophobic offences in capital rising by 140%”

Always with the Top Trumps! If you don’t find a 500pc rise in antisemitism troubling, what does that say about you. I don’t think it’s unreasonable having a thread about rising racism against Jewish people, at a time when there’s…rising racism against Jewish people.

“Antisemitism has only risen 498pc in Australia” is not the gotcha you seem to think it is.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 07:42 - Dec 20 with 1759 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 07:37 - Dec 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“Antisemitic hate crimes in London up 1,350%, Met police say….UK, with Islamophobic offences in capital rising by 140%”

Always with the Top Trumps! If you don’t find a 500pc rise in antisemitism troubling, what does that say about you. I don’t think it’s unreasonable having a thread about rising racism against Jewish people, at a time when there’s…rising racism against Jewish people.

“Antisemitism has only risen 498pc in Australia” is not the gotcha you seem to think it is.

Nothing to do with Top Trumps at all.....the point is that a high percentage increase on almost nothing is still almost nothing. It is certainly not indicative of J2's wild claim and the impression that GB wants to propagate.

Edit....Ceasefire now.

Edit 2....but as you seem so keen for a game let's play fear(scary) Top Trumps...

[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 7:52]

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 07:58 - Dec 20 with 1731 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 07:42 - Dec 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nothing to do with Top Trumps at all.....the point is that a high percentage increase on almost nothing is still almost nothing. It is certainly not indicative of J2's wild claim and the impression that GB wants to propagate.

Edit....Ceasefire now.

Edit 2....but as you seem so keen for a game let's play fear(scary) Top Trumps...

[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 7:52]

There’s a who thread (to which I’ve contributed) spanning over 50 pages in relation to your link. What does that have to do with Jewish people in the UK, many of whom will have no links to Israel.

I wouldn’t class over 1,000 incidents in (the UK) just over two months ‘almost nothing’. And those are just the reported ones - the actual number is likely much higher.

Why have you picked up the downplaying racism baton from Darth, take it elsewhere.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:20 - Dec 20 with 1673 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 07:58 - Dec 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

There’s a who thread (to which I’ve contributed) spanning over 50 pages in relation to your link. What does that have to do with Jewish people in the UK, many of whom will have no links to Israel.

I wouldn’t class over 1,000 incidents in (the UK) just over two months ‘almost nothing’. And those are just the reported ones - the actual number is likely much higher.

Why have you picked up the downplaying racism baton from Darth, take it elsewhere.

Neither is it "the World turning on Jewish people" but for some reason some people are happy to let that one go. Strange!
Keeping the actual reality of the scale of racist incidents in perspective is not to downplay it which neither I nor Darth have done....but you and others already know that.

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:49 - Dec 20 with 1633 viewspositivity

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:20 - Dec 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Neither is it "the World turning on Jewish people" but for some reason some people are happy to let that one go. Strange!
Keeping the actual reality of the scale of racist incidents in perspective is not to downplay it which neither I nor Darth have done....but you and others already know that.

racism is racism and one incident is too many and should be called out.

doesn't matter if you call it islamophobia, antisemitism or racism, it shouldn't be minimised or normalised.

if it's let go, then a 1000 incidents becomes 10,000 and you get your trumps and orbans in power.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 8:53]

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:53 - Dec 20 with 1625 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:49 - Dec 20 by positivity

racism is racism and one incident is too many and should be called out.

doesn't matter if you call it islamophobia, antisemitism or racism, it shouldn't be minimised or normalised.

if it's let go, then a 1000 incidents becomes 10,000 and you get your trumps and orbans in power.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 8:53]

I agree but neither should it's extent be inflated as per the original comment I took issue with.

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:57 - Dec 20 with 1604 viewspositivity

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:53 - Dec 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

I agree but neither should it's extent be inflated as per the original comment I took issue with.

if you mean "the world turns easily on jewish people" then i don't think it's being inflated, it's a valid historical point (and doesn't minimise the ease that the world turns on islamic/black/chinese etc etc people)

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:03 - Dec 20 with 1585 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:53 - Dec 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

You described it as ‘almost nothing’, not my words yours. That’s both inaccurate, and outright offensive to those who’ve been victimised. I’d say >1,000 reported incidents in two months in the UK alone is troubling.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:10 - Dec 20 with 1555 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:57 - Dec 20 by positivity

if you mean "the world turns easily on jewish people" then i don't think it's being inflated, it's a valid historical point (and doesn't minimise the ease that the world turns on islamic/black/chinese etc etc people)

"Israel can claim they are justified in their actions when the world so easily turns on Jewish people....."
Nonsense on so many levels.

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:14 - Dec 20 with 1539 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:03 - Dec 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You described it as ‘almost nothing’, not my words yours. That’s both inaccurate, and outright offensive to those who’ve been victimised. I’d say >1,000 reported incidents in two months in the UK alone is troubling.

16 a day across our entire diverse nation at a time of heightened political and social tensions. It's a lot nearer to nothing than a lot ( yes, 1 is too many etc caveat applies ....)
Anyway I'll leave this thread to it for now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024