Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world 19:04 - Oct 29 with 77080 viewsGlasgowBlue

As per Dan's idea, this is the one thread for posting anti semitism awareness in the aftermath of the 7/11 pogrom.

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world

[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 13:26]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:15 - Dec 20 with 2678 viewslowhouseblue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:10 - Dec 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Israel can claim they are justified in their actions when the world so easily turns on Jewish people....."
Nonsense on so many levels.

given that you are clearly deeply and genuinely concerned about the humanitarian impact of what is currently happening, why head off down this rabbit hole of dismissing antisemitism? surely you understand it's not an either or? why the compulsion to post this stuff?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:22 - Dec 20 with 2644 viewspositivity

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:10 - Dec 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Israel can claim they are justified in their actions when the world so easily turns on Jewish people....."

ok, i agree on the first part: it doesn't justify it in any way, but the 2nd part isn't nonsense historically or currently unfortunately

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:46 - Dec 20 with 2571 viewsJ2BLUE

I made it clear I am not saying they are justified, just that they can use it to try and justify a lack of restraint.

I fully stand by that comment in full. We are seeing Jews targeted around the world. Businesses targeted, the homes of Jews being marked to try and incite violence, random attacks in the street. We've seen lots of examples from the US, Europe and Australia. The numbers do not lie.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:00 - Dec 20 with 2531 viewsStokieBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:03 - Dec 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You described it as ‘almost nothing’, not my words yours. That’s both inaccurate, and outright offensive to those who’ve been victimised. I’d say >1,000 reported incidents in two months in the UK alone is troubling.

All these instances are horrible but the situation has also affected other minorities as well.

As of 5 weeks ago there had also been an increase of 600% in Islamophobic incidents in the UK since the Hamas attacks. This is a UK only statistic, I have no data for other countries but clearly there are lots of examples of an increase in anti-semitism in other countries in this thread.

I don't mean this as "whatabouterry" but to highlight that in these extreme situations like we have in Gaza at the moment it tends to bring out the worst in people who already have an underlying view that they normally don't act on but somehow seem empowered by the situation.

It's very troubling that the potential for these acts is clearly not far below the surface.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 11:04]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:54 - Dec 20 with 2421 viewsDJR

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:00 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

All these instances are horrible but the situation has also affected other minorities as well.

As of 5 weeks ago there had also been an increase of 600% in Islamophobic incidents in the UK since the Hamas attacks. This is a UK only statistic, I have no data for other countries but clearly there are lots of examples of an increase in anti-semitism in other countries in this thread.

I don't mean this as "whatabouterry" but to highlight that in these extreme situations like we have in Gaza at the moment it tends to bring out the worst in people who already have an underlying view that they normally don't act on but somehow seem empowered by the situation.

It's very troubling that the potential for these acts is clearly not far below the surface.

SB

Agreed.

These are the latest statistics for the US where the number of Islamophobic incidents appears higher than the number of antisemitic incidents, and where a Palestinian child was killed and his mother stabbed, and three Palestinian students were shot.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/10/us-islamophobia-antisemitism-hat

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/16/us/chicago-muslim-boy-stabbing-investigation/

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/03/us/palestinian-student-shooting-vermont-paral

And perhaps equally troubling, we have seen an anti-Islam party emerge as the largest party in the recent Dutch election, which appears to represent an increase in Islamophobia in Europe more generally.

I hesitated to post this here as this a thread about antisemitism, but as there isn't one about Islamophobia (maybe no one on TWTD is a Muslim), this seems an appropriate place to mention this, prompted by your post.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 11:56]
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:57 - Dec 20 with 2403 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:00 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

SB

Thanks for that, I even referenced the figure for the rise in Islamophobic incidents in one of my posts. I’m sure Bankster will be along to reassure us that such a figure is ‘almost nothing’.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 12:00 - Dec 20 with 2396 viewsStokieBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:54 - Dec 20 by DJR

Agreed.

These are the latest statistics for the US where the number of Islamophobic incidents appears higher than the number of antisemitic incidents, and where a Palestinian child was killed and his mother stabbed, and three Palestinian students were shot.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/10/us-islamophobia-antisemitism-hat

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/16/us/chicago-muslim-boy-stabbing-investigation/

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/03/us/palestinian-student-shooting-vermont-paral

And perhaps equally troubling, we have seen an anti-Islam party emerge as the largest party in the recent Dutch election, which appears to represent an increase in Islamophobia in Europe more generally.

I hesitated to post this here as this a thread about antisemitism, but as there isn't one about Islamophobia (maybe no one on TWTD is a Muslim), this seems an appropriate place to mention this, prompted by your post.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 11:56]

I think it's fine, it's not an attempt to derail the thread as I made clear in my post.

It's an attempt to highlight that there is a worrying amount of prejudice within society across the board which seems to be not far beneath the surface and doesn't take much for it to become far more overt.

Given that context, I find it surprising that I got a downvote for my post but there you go.

SB

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 12:05 - Dec 20 with 2377 viewsElderGrizzly

Kanye just casually comparing himself to Hitler while berating Jews

Login to get fewer ads

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 12:11 - Dec 20 with 2350 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 09:15 - Dec 20 by lowhouseblue

given that you are clearly deeply and genuinely concerned about the humanitarian impact of what is currently happening, why head off down this rabbit hole of dismissing antisemitism? surely you understand it's not an either or? why the compulsion to post this stuff?

It's not just this thread though. The poster has a long history of jumping on every thread that highlights antisemitism and attempts to derail, dismiss and minimise this particular form or racism.

Be a strong voice for the Palestinian people. Condemn the indiscriminate bombing by the IDF of innocent Palestinian civilians. Condemn the settlements for what they are. A breach of international law. Condemn the coalition government as being made up of far right religious zealots and terrorist sympathisers.

People can do all of that whilst still being appalled at the worldwide spike in anti Jewish hatred. Others seem to be unable to do so.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 12:34]

Iron Lion Zion

There’s a particular style of posting…. on 12:54 - Dec 20 with 2270 viewsBloots

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 12:11 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

It's not just this thread though. The poster has a long history of jumping on every thread that highlights antisemitism and attempts to derail, dismiss and minimise this particular form or racism.

Be a strong voice for the Palestinian people. Condemn the indiscriminate bombing by the IDF of innocent Palestinian civilians. Condemn the settlements for what they are. A breach of international law. Condemn the coalition government as being made up of far right religious zealots and terrorist sympathisers.

People can do all of that whilst still being appalled at the worldwide spike in anti Jewish hatred. Others seem to be unable to do so.

…that is becoming very common.

A very short comment, normally about 8 words, condemning any antisemitism.

Followed by the word “but” and 2 or 3 paragraphs detailing how it “could” be justified.

Shocking.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

There’s a particular style of posting…. on 13:09 - Dec 20 with 2223 viewsGlasgowBlue

There’s a particular style of posting…. on 12:54 - Dec 20 by Bloots

…that is becoming very common.

A very short comment, normally about 8 words, condemning any antisemitism.

Followed by the word “but” and 2 or 3 paragraphs detailing how it “could” be justified.

Shocking.

His post quoting Quds News Network, who are affiliated* with Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad, is no different to those tweeting pro Palestinian whataboutery at Stephen Fry for highlighting antisemitism in his alternative Christmas Day speech.

As you say, shocking. But not out of character.

*Something he can't claim ignorance of, as it was pointed out to hm previously when he linked their false report on the Al-Ahli Arab hospital bombing.

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 15:26 - Dec 20 with 2128 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 12:05 - Dec 20 by ElderGrizzly

Kanye just casually comparing himself to Hitler while berating Jews

That’s fine. He’s only got x million followers. Nothing to see here .

He’ll be dismissed as a harmless crank but in all seriousness his reach is massive.

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 15:31 - Dec 20 with 2114 viewsBlueschev

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 15:26 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

That’s fine. He’s only got x million followers. Nothing to see here .

He’ll be dismissed as a harmless crank but in all seriousness his reach is massive.

In the wake of Elon Musk's antisemitism, why are so many people apparently perfectly comfortable to continue using Twitter?
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 16:59 - Dec 20 with 2020 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

SB

I don’t mean this as BUT I’ve come on this thread anyway.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 17:05 - Dec 20 with 1999 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 12:11 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

Some people can’t help themselves, that’s been clear around here from early October.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 17:58 - Dec 20 with 1905 viewsStokieBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 16:59 - Dec 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t mean this as BUT I’ve come on this thread anyway.

Reading and comprehension still not your strong points I see.

Care to explain what is wrong with the post? Furthermore care to explain why you've taken issue with my post but not the subsequent one from another poster?

Man not ball springs to mind.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 17:59]

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:30 - Dec 20 with 1834 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 17:58 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

Reading and comprehension still not your strong points I see.

Care to explain what is wrong with the post? Furthermore care to explain why you've taken issue with my post but not the subsequent one from another poster?

Man not ball springs to mind.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 17:59]

GB already called him out.

This is a thread specifically about Jewish hate but we have multiple people come on it to make sure that everyone knows it’s not just them and in fact, it’s not that common, just some political tensions. Giving them articles posted on here, why bother on this thread? Maybe one’s geopolitical position or opinion on foreign policy influencing some but it’s not what the damn thread is about.

The Jewish population, relatively speaking is a rather tiny on this planet (under 20 million) and it deserves its own thread for people to voice their concerns. Many of my friends are fearful at the moment. Giving the disgusting remarks we have seen from some very well known mainstream individuals and academic institutions it’s even more important to address.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:51 - Dec 20 with 1788 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 22:40 - Dec 19 by J2BLUE

Because it's the minor excuse needed to go after Jews in general.

It's no wonder Israel are going in so strong when they have been attacked like that. Around the world people are happily targeting Jews yet again so Israel probably feel justified in using such force for what they likely consider an existential threat.

I am not suggesting they should do anything they want but I don't think the global reaction of the public in many countries has helped. It would have been better to take to the streets with both Palestine and Israel flags and call for restraint. Instead of targeting random Jewish people we should have been making it clear antisemitism (and Islamophobia) will not be allowed to take hold. Israel can claim they are justified in their actions when the world so easily turns on Jewish people and the likes of Iran/Hamas want to wipe them off the map.

Again, not saying they ARE but getting tired of the complete lack of context from the pro Palestinian side (I don't mean you).

The world is so fractured and everything is so black and white now for many people. The world needs balanced people to solve this. Pressure should be put on Israel but people should also acknowledge why they are doing this.

Edit: typo
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 10:41]

Good post but was never going to happen. It’s always us v them. The oppressed vs the establishment with those of a certain persuasion. Where was the huge protests or similar reaction to say Syria/Yemen?

It’s not surprising so many Jewish people are fearful.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:07 - Dec 20 with 1740 viewsStokieBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:30 - Dec 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

GB already called him out.

This is a thread specifically about Jewish hate but we have multiple people come on it to make sure that everyone knows it’s not just them and in fact, it’s not that common, just some political tensions. Giving them articles posted on here, why bother on this thread? Maybe one’s geopolitical position or opinion on foreign policy influencing some but it’s not what the damn thread is about.

The Jewish population, relatively speaking is a rather tiny on this planet (under 20 million) and it deserves its own thread for people to voice their concerns. Many of my friends are fearful at the moment. Giving the disgusting remarks we have seen from some very well known mainstream individuals and academic institutions it’s even more important to address.

That's nothing like what I did, I suggest you go back and read it again. I've made an observation about society which is clearly lost on you in your scramble to attack.

SB

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:51 - Dec 20 with 1668 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:07 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

That's nothing like what I did, I suggest you go back and read it again. I've made an observation about society which is clearly lost on you in your scramble to attack.

SB

Well if this wasn’t letting us know it not just them I don’t really know what is?

“But the situation has also affected other minorities as well. As of 5 weeks ago there had also been an increase of 600% in Islamophobic incidents in the UK since the Hamas attacks”

That’s an interesting first contribution to the thread on specifically on Jewish hate.

To be fair far from the worst in this thread though, as I said some people can’t help themselves.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 20:02 - Dec 20 with 1645 viewsStokieBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:51 - Dec 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Well if this wasn’t letting us know it not just them I don’t really know what is?

“But the situation has also affected other minorities as well. As of 5 weeks ago there had also been an increase of 600% in Islamophobic incidents in the UK since the Hamas attacks”

That’s an interesting first contribution to the thread on specifically on Jewish hate.

To be fair far from the worst in this thread though, as I said some people can’t help themselves.

Not sure I like the implication you are making.

I think it's rather disingenuous to cherry pick one part of the post when the next paragraphs expand on that and talk about society in general.

You're seeing what you want to see, something not uncommon for you unfortunately.

I'm going to leave it there because there is no need for your agenda driven attacks to derail the thread.

SB

There’s a particular style of posting…. on 20:37 - Dec 20 with 1597 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There’s a particular style of posting…. on 13:09 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

His post quoting Quds News Network, who are affiliated* with Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad, is no different to those tweeting pro Palestinian whataboutery at Stephen Fry for highlighting antisemitism in his alternative Christmas Day speech.

As you say, shocking. But not out of character.

*Something he can't claim ignorance of, as it was pointed out to hm previously when he linked their false report on the Al-Ahli Arab hospital bombing.

You're a f#cking blinkered disgrace! So you're saying those kids aren't trembling with fear?
I have no truck with antisemitism, your weaponising and use of it to fit your agendas however.....
FFS as confirmed by my limited contact with you while on my silence about deaths in the West Bank. You have even convinced yourself that they are all terrorists. You're in way too deep in your delusions.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 20:41 - Dec 20 with 1589 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:07 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

SB

Know them by their down voting chums Stokie.

There’s a particular style of posting…. on 21:30 - Dec 20 with 1496 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There’s a particular style of posting…. on 20:37 - Dec 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're a f#cking blinkered disgrace! So you're saying those kids aren't trembling with fear?
I have no truck with antisemitism, your weaponising and use of it to fit your agendas however.....
FFS as confirmed by my limited contact with you while on my silence about deaths in the West Bank. You have even convinced yourself that they are all terrorists. You're in way too deep in your delusions.

“It's a lot nearer to nothing than a lot”

Despite all the horrifying articles that are posted on here. That’s your contributions to a very serious thread on Jewish hate.

And you have the nerve to call people out about agendas. I thought you were leaving this thread?
There’s a particular style of posting…. on 22:16 - Dec 20 with 1435 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There’s a particular style of posting…. on 21:30 - Dec 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

“It's a lot nearer to nothing than a lot”

Despite all the horrifying articles that are posted on here. That’s your contributions to a very serious thread on Jewish hate.

And you have the nerve to call people out about agendas. I thought you were leaving this thread?

Hit me with some absolute numbers not percentage increases.
Until then I will devote more of my energy thinking about 20,000 + dead Palestinians in 2 months not including the still buried ones, 2/3rds of which are women and children.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024