Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd 19:02 - Nov 10 with 2719 viewsBLUEBEAT

I have parked here for 8+ years when attending matches, without any issues, and all of a sudden I’ve received 2 Parking Charge Notices (28/10 afternoon & 1/11 evening). £100 each, or £60 each if paid within 14 days (which is irrelevant as I won’t be paying either).

Due to Towen’s current success and numbers attending, the car park has been a lot busier than it ever used to be, so must be annoying Stellisons (they’re not even open in the evening 🙄).

This post is just to make people aware.

Poll: W or W

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:12 - Nov 10 with 2659 views66notout

Serious question - how do you expect to avoid paying?
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:16 - Nov 10 with 2646 viewsWeWereZombies

Just make sure you have evidence available of your long standing use of the car park and contact the issuer of the parking charge to advise them of your reason for non-payment and intention to bring that evidence with you in case of a court appearance. Hopefully it will convince that a contested charge is not worth pursuing. Otherwise you may find yourself on the end of a concerted effort to 'recover' the money from you because, sadly, that is what their job is and they need to justify it.

Another benefit of any evidence is that you can get the second charge dismissed as you did not know of the new restrictions at that time because you had yet to receive the first charge.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:35 - Nov 10 with 2573 viewsredrickstuhaart

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:16 - Nov 10 by WeWereZombies

Just make sure you have evidence available of your long standing use of the car park and contact the issuer of the parking charge to advise them of your reason for non-payment and intention to bring that evidence with you in case of a court appearance. Hopefully it will convince that a contested charge is not worth pursuing. Otherwise you may find yourself on the end of a concerted effort to 'recover' the money from you because, sadly, that is what their job is and they need to justify it.

Another benefit of any evidence is that you can get the second charge dismissed as you did not know of the new restrictions at that time because you had yet to receive the first charge.

If there clear signs up, you are likely to be stuck with it and better off paying the early reduced charge.
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:36 - Nov 10 with 2572 viewsBLUEBEAT

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:12 - Nov 10 by 66notout

Serious question - how do you expect to avoid paying?

The crux is that the notices say there is clearly displayed signage at the entrance to carpark. I’m pretty sure there isn’t. Certainly isn’t on GoogleMaps (3 months old). I will check again tomorrow and photograph everything.

A lot of these private firms/charges are not legally enforceable and rely on people’s assumptions that they can be prosecuted. I’ve won previous appeals elsewhere by using processes detailed on this link:
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets/

The worst thing you can do is just ignore them. They really don’t like it when you address them. They rely on people just paying up without question.

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:41 - Nov 10 with 2544 viewsredrickstuhaart

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:36 - Nov 10 by BLUEBEAT

The crux is that the notices say there is clearly displayed signage at the entrance to carpark. I’m pretty sure there isn’t. Certainly isn’t on GoogleMaps (3 months old). I will check again tomorrow and photograph everything.

A lot of these private firms/charges are not legally enforceable and rely on people’s assumptions that they can be prosecuted. I’ve won previous appeals elsewhere by using processes detailed on this link:

The worst thing you can do is just ignore them. They really don’t like it when you address them. They rely on people just paying up without question.

They are enforceable contracts in most circumstances, so long as the existence of terms is clear
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:49 - Nov 10 with 2522 viewsBLUEBEAT

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:41 - Nov 10 by redrickstuhaart

They are enforceable contracts in most circumstances, so long as the existence of terms is clear

Maybe so but I like a game and have done OK in such circumstances so far.

This isn’t a post blubbing or asking for advice, it was to make people aware that Stellisons have changed their stance on the football fans who have been using the carpark.

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:52 - Nov 10 with 2505 viewsLaManga

Don't respond. Don't pay. Had loads over the years (Parking Eye etc), and have never paid a penny.

You'll get increasing threatening letters for a while, just bin em. They stop eventually.
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:54 - Nov 10 with 2493 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well done for raising awareness and good luck with your battles.

These private parking companies are absolute c****. They’re a cancer that needs to be wiped out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 20:03 - Nov 10 with 2452 viewsPlums

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:52 - Nov 10 by LaManga

Don't respond. Don't pay. Had loads over the years (Parking Eye etc), and have never paid a penny.

You'll get increasing threatening letters for a while, just bin em. They stop eventually.

This. They're invoices dressed up as fines.
Tell 'em where to go.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 20:55 - Nov 10 with 2257 viewsfabian_illness

£120 is quite cheap for 8 years parking.
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 21:06 - Nov 10 with 2213 viewsfinidi_george

I too have received a double fine from this carpark - I checked yesterday and the signage is in place, albeit very small and absolutely not readable as you enter via car. Hopefully this is reason enough to have the charges dropped.
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 21:36 - Nov 10 with 2109 viewscressi

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 21:06 - Nov 10 by finidi_george

I too have received a double fine from this carpark - I checked yesterday and the signage is in place, albeit very small and absolutely not readable as you enter via car. Hopefully this is reason enough to have the charges dropped.

There are 2 types of charges one by the council and one by private companies the robbers I call them I never pay them they threaten but I don't respond they have no powers bailiff wise after a while they give up. The Council have more powers so I would pay unless unjust.
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 21:43 - Nov 10 with 2090 viewsredrickstuhaart

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 20:03 - Nov 10 by Plums

This. They're invoices dressed up as fines.
Tell 'em where to go.

Im sorry to say that this is bad advice.

They do, quite frequently, issue small claims on them.
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 21:44 - Nov 10 with 2084 viewsNthQldITFC

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 20:55 - Nov 10 by fabian_illness

There was a lot of extra time that day due to Plymouth's time wasting antics.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 21:49 - Nov 10 with 2071 viewsSwansea_Blue

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 21:43 - Nov 10 by redrickstuhaart

Im sorry to say that this is bad advice.

They do, quite frequently, issue small claims on them.

It used to be the case, but it seems that yes it's not the best advice any more. There are a few sites dedicated to helping people fight these punitive charges where they are unfair, so anyone who receives one should do their own research. For those who've just been selfish gits though, you're probably better paying and using it as a life lesson.

I got one once while I was queuing to purchase a ticket at the machine. You' couldn't make it up. Obviously I got it withdrawn, but it's the hassle and distress of it all. I'd have petrol bombed the little hitlers car if I'd have had petrol. Or a bomb.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 22:05 - Nov 10 with 2010 viewsbluelagos

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 20:55 - Nov 10 by fabian_illness

Got a ticket myself for parking adjacent to a dropped kerb at the last home match. Annoying as I'd backed up so as not to block it but was just over the edge.

£35 for a spot I've used countless times, defo cheaper than the car parks :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 06:18 - Nov 11 with 1731 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you can come to a reciprocal arrangement where the owners can park on your land for a few hours whenever they wat to

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 08:49 - Nov 11 with 1598 views66notout

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 19:36 - Nov 10 by BLUEBEAT

Thank you.
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 09:01 - Nov 11 with 1544 viewsLaManga

Better to ignore and not respond at all. If you make contact then they know they've got you. Just bin the letters as if they were a scam (like they are).
PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 09:22 - Nov 11 with 1486 viewsPinewoodblue

Will you be looking for a third ticket today?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 09:35 - Nov 11 with 1441 viewsZx1988

PARKING CHARGE NOTICES - Stellisons, Orwell Retail Park, Ranelagh Rd on 09:01 - Nov 11 by LaManga

Better to ignore and not respond at all. If you make contact then they know they've got you. Just bin the letters as if they were a scam (like they are).

Not at all.

Ignoring them sends the message that they've probably got a nice easy default judgment on their hands.

I've always found that the best way is to send them an initial letter outlining your reason(s) for non-payment (poor signage or suchlike), and that you will not be paying unless and until a court orders that payment is to be made.

You'll most likely end up in their automated letter system, and receive threats of increasing intensity, but they never seem willing to make good on their threat to commence court action.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024