Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… 19:47 - Nov 14 with 1766 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:48 - Nov 14 with 1749 viewsdickie

I regret seeing the footage of that, was absolutely horrible
That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:52 - Nov 14 with 1709 viewsSwansea_Blue

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:48 - Nov 14 by dickie

I haven't, thankfully. And I don't intend to.

Just to add, the police have specifically requested that people don't speculate on this tragic event in case it impacts the investigation. We all know not to make Phil's life difficult though, don't we. Any more than we do anyway.

Aside from the awful tragedy, this will be an interesting case. I wonder if it opens the doors for more actions against sportspeople. I'm thinking about people like Keane admitting to trying to end the career of a fellow pro, for example.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:54 - Nov 14 with 1682 viewsSitfcB

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:48 - Nov 14 by dickie

It’s usually just human nature to want to watch incidents like that isn’t it? Gory stuff, yet gets millions and millions of views

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:59 - Nov 14 with 1624 viewsGeoffSentence

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:54 - Nov 14 by SitfcB

It’s usually just human nature to want to watch incidents like that isn’t it? Gory stuff, yet gets millions and millions of views

morbid curiosity

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 20:46 - Nov 14 with 1464 viewsbazza

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:54 - Nov 14 by SitfcB

I only saw the news clip, wasn’t nothing to gory, but definitely looked a high leg/skate,
That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 21:05 - Nov 14 with 1398 viewsKievthegreat

A short thread saying don't jump to too many conclusions:

Assuming it is the other player being discussed, his skate killed another person and police have to investigate. They also may need to put in conditions to prevent them leaving the country (player is Canadian), or simply question him appropriately as a suspect.

Also worth noting he has not been charged with anything yet, and while all people charged are arrested, not all people arrested are charged.
That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 22:12 - Nov 14 with 1170 viewsJackNorthStand

That ice-skater has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter… on 19:52 - Nov 14 by Swansea_Blue

I haven't, thankfully. And I don't intend to.

Just to add, the police have specifically requested that people don't speculate on this tragic event in case it impacts the investigation. We all know not to make Phil's life difficult though, don't we. Any more than we do anyway.

Aside from the awful tragedy, this will be an interesting case. I wonder if it opens the doors for more actions against sportspeople. I'm thinking about people like Keane admitting to trying to end the career of a fellow pro, for example.

“Just to add, the police have specifically requested that people don't speculate on this tragic event in case it impacts the investigation. We all know not to make Phil's life difficult though, don't we. Any more than we do anyway. “

There’s always one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024