Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TownTV International Subscription 07:35 - Nov 29 with 3867 viewsITFCSG

Yet another match tonight (Millwall) that international subscribers cannot watch. That's 2 games in a row now following West Brom last weekend. With more and more of our matches being shown on Sky it doesn't make much sense to be paying 170 quid a season and not be able to watch almost a quarter (maybe more!) matches from the official source. Streaming quality overseas has improved but still not as good as the EFL iFollow Ipswich service of past seasons.

I chose to sign up on TownTV as a way of supporting the club from overseas although like most people, there are other not-so-difficult ways to get almost all matches streamed free.

Hopefully the club can do something about this. A price reduction or rebate is in order.
TownTV International Subscription on 08:09 - Nov 29 with 2991 viewsRobTheMonk

We then have four games in a row on Sky in December!
TownTV International Subscription on 08:12 - Nov 29 with 2988 viewsStokieBlue

You don't think it's better than iFollow? I found it miles better in every way including streaming quality.

In the end it was known when we signed up that these matches won't be on Town TV in some countries and if we were successful this was always going to happen, the money still goes to the club.

I believe the good people of Germany are able to watch the match this evening?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TownTV International Subscription on 08:40 - Nov 29 with 2948 viewsnoggin

TownTV International Subscription on 08:09 - Nov 29 by RobTheMonk

We then have four games in a row on Sky in December!

Yep, sorry ITFC but I will be canceling my monthly subscription.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

TownTV International Subscription on 08:42 - Nov 29 with 2943 viewsSitfcB

Not the clubs fault. Is what it is.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TownTV International Subscription on 08:51 - Nov 29 with 2920 viewsDarkBrandon

TownTV International Subscription on 08:42 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

Not the clubs fault. Is what it is.

If we weren’t second in the league we wouldn’t be on sky so much, and our fans overseas would be able to watch more matches.

I guess we are all prepared to take a mid-table finish to resolve this problem.

McKenna out. Bring back Evans
TownTV International Subscription on 09:03 - Nov 29 with 2882 viewsAdelaideblue

TownTV International Subscription on 08:51 - Nov 29 by DarkBrandon

If we weren’t second in the league we wouldn’t be on sky so much, and our fans overseas would be able to watch more matches.

I guess we are all prepared to take a mid-table finish to resolve this problem.

McKenna out. Bring back Evans

100% agree, town TV despite being better is not value for money... double the price of Ifollow, but fewer live games (and let's be honest most of us are not interested in the mid week stuff, or even pre match....)

What is worse is not knowing (due to lack of clarity from the club) as to what games we can view....

Also don't appreciate Darkbrandon's flippant comments, we all want town to be successful, just not get ripped off along the way...

I also won't renew despite being a life long town fan.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 9:05]
TownTV International Subscription on 09:19 - Nov 29 with 2831 viewsKeno

Does it depend on what country you are in?

Does anyone know if there are maybe some places where it is available ?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TownTV International Subscription on 09:22 - Nov 29 with 2821 viewsgringoblue

Have you tried installing a VPN? I've watched every Sky match while in Luxembourg. You can get 12 month VPN subs pretty cheap with a cashback deal.
Login to get fewer ads

TownTV International Subscription on 09:23 - Nov 29 with 2813 viewsearlsgreenblue

I guess it depends on what country you live in, works for me in Madeira Portugal regardless of Sky showing it or not, if the game is geo locked as a result then most can use their vpn to combat the problem & as for ifollow……….absolute shower, rather have Ian Westlake on comms.
TownTV International Subscription on 09:25 - Nov 29 with 2796 viewstonybied

TownTV International Subscription on 09:03 - Nov 29 by Adelaideblue

100% agree, town TV despite being better is not value for money... double the price of Ifollow, but fewer live games (and let's be honest most of us are not interested in the mid week stuff, or even pre match....)

What is worse is not knowing (due to lack of clarity from the club) as to what games we can view....

Also don't appreciate Darkbrandon's flippant comments, we all want town to be successful, just not get ripped off along the way...

You wouldn't have been able to watch these matches even if we were still using Ifollow. This is due to TV rights not allowing the game to be streamed, it has nothing to do with Town TV. Unfortunately, it's the price of success!
TownTV International Subscription on 09:31 - Nov 29 with 2768 viewsStokieBlue

TownTV International Subscription on 09:03 - Nov 29 by Adelaideblue

It's not double the price of iFollow.

It's not the club fault about lack of clarity. It's entirely governed by Sky and was exactly the same on iFollow, we just didn't have many matches on Sky.

SB
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 9:32]

TownTV International Subscription on 09:33 - Nov 29 with 2744 viewshunty21

Vpn change country to like spain or portugal simples not some you cant navigate around
TownTV International Subscription on 09:50 - Nov 29 with 2664 viewsKeno

TownTV International Subscription on 09:22 - Nov 29 by gringoblue

Have you tried installing a VPN? I've watched every Sky match while in Luxembourg. You can get 12 month VPN subs pretty cheap with a cashback deal.

oh Ive never been to Luxembourg, fancy a trip there later today

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TownTV International Subscription on 11:16 - Nov 29 with 2590 viewsRoola

TownTV International Subscription on 09:22 - Nov 29 by gringoblue

So towntv still broadcasts the match to certain countries even when featured game on sky? So if i was on holiday in Luxembourg this evening i'd be able to watch?
TownTV International Subscription on 11:30 - Nov 29 with 2541 viewsGavTWTD

TownTV International Subscription on 11:16 - Nov 29 by Roola

So towntv still broadcasts the match to certain countries even when featured game on sky? So if i was on holiday in Luxembourg this evening i'd be able to watch?

Yes. Italy is also nice this time of year.

Not all airlines travel to all destinations so its worth having a few backup holiday ideas.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

TownTV International Subscription on 12:01 - Nov 29 with 2484 viewslizzibee

TownTV International Subscription on 09:33 - Nov 29 by hunty21

Vpn change country to like spain or portugal simples not some you cant navigate around

or get a dodgy firestick and watch all the ifollows, town tv and sky games :-)
TownTV International Subscription on 12:22 - Nov 29 with 2439 viewsStokieBlue

TownTV International Subscription on 12:01 - Nov 29 by lizzibee

or get a dodgy firestick and watch all the ifollows, town tv and sky games :-)

So your view is to support the club by getting a device from which the club get no proceeds?

Each to their own I guess.

SB

TownTV International Subscription on 12:28 - Nov 29 with 2410 viewsDouble_Dutch

TownTV International Subscription on 08:12 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

You don't think it's better than iFollow? I found it miles better in every way including streaming quality.

In the end it was known when we signed up that these matches won't be on Town TV in some countries and if we were successful this was always going to happen, the money still goes to the club.

SB

I found, that the Town TV stream for the game against WBA, kept buffering and then jumping approx 20 secs all game. Equally, the quality of the stream was exceptionally poor, no better than one of many other available streams that people may decide to sit by! I'm not sure why, or whether I was alone in the quality of stream, as I've not seen anyone else mention this issue since Saturday.
TownTV International Subscription on 12:46 - Nov 29 with 2355 viewsIllinoisblue

It is frustrating but not as frustrating as being 17th in the league and never shown on Sky. The price of success. I don’t enjoy playing the annual fee for Town Tv AND having to fork out for ESPN+ but what you going to do? COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

TownTV International Subscription on 12:56 - Nov 29 with 2313 viewsacj

Yep. The game is unavailable in countries where a broadcaster has bought the rights to show it, but if nobody is showing the game in a given country then it will be available on TownTV. I live in Chile so whenever we’re on sky ESPN+ has the game instead of TownTV, but I saw an interview with one of the club’s media guys saying that the sky games still stream in a lot of countries - across most of Africa, for example.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

TownTV International Subscription on 14:42 - Nov 29 with 2175 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

TownTV International Subscription on 08:12 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

SB

Whilst you're not wrong, I think the OP has a point. Our international supporters do seem to be getting a bum deal due to our success. I'd agree that the club should be offering them some sort of compensation.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

TownTV International Subscription on 15:03 - Nov 29 with 2124 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s on Sky and ESPN+

I am sure you could watch it if you wanted to somehow..?

ESPN+ at $99 a year is also a steal for anyone over here.
TownTV International Subscription on 16:18 - Nov 29 with 2024 viewsmrfixit426

Switzerland is nice this time of year.
TownTV International Subscription on 16:30 - Nov 29 with 1994 viewsKropotkin123

It's annoying, but as an international subscription holder, the risks were clear.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

TownTV International Subscription on 18:01 - Nov 29 with 1906 viewsHanser

TownTV International Subscription on 16:18 - Nov 29 by mrfixit426

Switzerland is nice this time of year.

I'm in luck tonight because it's available here in Mallorca.

Hopefully I will need to close the windows and put the air conditioning on ... so I can cheer for all our goals. Got a right sweat on this afternoon doing some DIY.

How's the weather there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024