Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A conversation with a Nodge fan 08:38 - Dec 10 with 4108 viewsviewfromtheu2

So on Friday me and the current Mrs Bono went out out in LDN town to take in a show.

Got the train/bus replacement/train back to Suffolk yesterday. Don't usually wear colours when not at football but I wore one of my old-skool scarves on the train.

Train pulls into Colchester en-route for Nodge and a Budgie gets on, complete with tracksuit, hat, scarf, Norwich club shop carrier bag full of Carling. I thought "Here we go" and our eyes meet, he gives me a nod and walks up the aisle. 2 minutes later, he comes back and sits across the aisle from us.

We had a very candid chat about how the 2 clubs are doing right now.

They are bricking it about next week. He sits in the "snake pit" which I gave him a bi of stick about lol as it sounds naff.

He said they have no idea what team Wagner puts out on match days, it's all so unpredictable as is the system they'll play.

They now accept that they're years behind us and are now where we were under McCarthy and Evans type era - no money, everything on the cheap and free signing/journeyman players with no building for the future.

Doesn't think they'll go down but equally although they hate all the noise around ITFC right now they kinda want themselves to go the same way.

I departed the train and wish him better luck yesterday then next weekend.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 10:37]

@BonoITFC

A conversation with a Dodge fan on 08:52 - Dec 10 with 4001 viewsfranz_tyson

If you're wearing one of your old-stool scarves..... isn't it time to give it a wash.
A conversation with a Dodge fan on 09:06 - Dec 10 with 3915 viewsBuffaloBill

Wearing a stool scarve giving a budgie hell is a sh ite thing to do

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 12:31 - Dec 10 with 3350 viewslurcher

Administration and relegation next season.
A conversation with a Nodge fan on 12:44 - Dec 10 with 3265 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I once knew a chap who described his wife as his first wife. They were still married.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 12:55 - Dec 10 with 3185 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 12:31 - Dec 10 by lurcher

Administration and relegation next season.

Shouldn't be an administration as yet. They'll get a cash for Sara and Rowe.
A conversation with a Nodge fan on 13:28 - Dec 10 with 3029 viewslurcher

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 12:55 - Dec 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Shouldn't be an administration as yet. They'll get a cash for Sara and Rowe.

Trouble is, crowds will fall off which will also hit, merchandise, corporate, sponsorship, and food sales. They are also faced with a huge number of players going out of contract and walking away in the summer. Their debt is huge and growing, 75 million plus at the moment. Sara and Rowe are their only real assets but they are going to want away if the club slips further back and will likely go for a fraction of their value.
A conversation with a Nodge fan on 13:38 - Dec 10 with 2951 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 13:28 - Dec 10 by lurcher

Trouble is, crowds will fall off which will also hit, merchandise, corporate, sponsorship, and food sales. They are also faced with a huge number of players going out of contract and walking away in the summer. Their debt is huge and growing, 75 million plus at the moment. Sara and Rowe are their only real assets but they are going to want away if the club slips further back and will likely go for a fraction of their value.

There will be still some solution for them.

Marcus Evans wants to buy a football club and mccarthy wants to come back to the management.
A conversation with a Nodge fan on 13:48 - Dec 10 with 2891 viewslurcher

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 13:38 - Dec 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

There will be still some solution for them.

Marcus Evans wants to buy a football club and mccarthy wants to come back to the management.

At the moment it looks very much like the american investor who loaned the club money is playing chicken with the board. he wants the club for nothing and is waiting for them to inch towards admin where he can buy up the debt on the cheap and take full control.
Login to get fewer ads

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 14:44 - Dec 10 with 2627 viewsVic

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 13:28 - Dec 10 by lurcher

History would suggest that their crowds will hold up for a good while. They’ll enough income from players to hold thier own for a little while I think. But the best they can hope for, as things stand, is maintenance - very much like us under Evans and Mick.

Anyone know what kind of investment the Yanks are likely to give them?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 16:51 - Dec 10 with 2346 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 13:48 - Dec 10 by lurcher

At the moment it looks very much like the american investor who loaned the club money is playing chicken with the board. he wants the club for nothing and is waiting for them to inch towards admin where he can buy up the debt on the cheap and take full control.

The American millionaire who said he doesn't have a plan but is just interested in finding out what football (he calls it soccer) is all about? I wonder how much of his million he will invest.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 18:21 - Dec 10 with 2039 viewslurcher

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 16:51 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

The American millionaire who said he doesn't have a plan but is just interested in finding out what football (he calls it soccer) is all about? I wonder how much of his million he will invest.

He loaned them 10 million when they were third a few years back. At best It looks like he is hanging out for them to become worthless before acting. I think he has got cold feet and is working out how to get some money back.
A conversation with a Nodge fan on 18:22 - Dec 10 with 2024 viewslurcher

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 14:44 - Dec 10 by Vic

History would suggest that their crowds will hold up for a good while. They’ll enough income from players to hold thier own for a little while I think. But the best they can hope for, as things stand, is maintenance - very much like us under Evans and Mick.

Nothing really, he loaned them 10 million, but hasn't gone any further.
A conversation with a Nodge fan on 18:48 - Dec 10 with 1874 viewsBLUEBEAT

*current* Mrs Bono 😂

Poll: W or W

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 20:29 - Dec 10 with 1584 viewsStewart27

A conversation with a Nodge fan on 14:44 - Dec 10 by Vic

Their crowds are not holding up already. After just one full season ourside the premier league.

It’s pathetic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024