Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer window outgoings 14:06 - Dec 11 with 1911 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Not a topic that we want to think about but given that our 25 man squad is full we are going to need to offload to recruit who do we think is at risk?

Personally I think the following:
Humphreys loan move due to limited game time. Also think the club would listen to permanent offers
Baggott the same as above
Dominic Ball - has limited game time perhaps we could sell
Lee Evans - As above
Kayden Jackson - A McKenna favourite but perhaps he could be tempted by a club willing to make him a regular starter

Also the following could be at risk of being poached:
Chaplin
Broadhead
Burns
All in their prime and it the right premier league team came in with the right offer I’m sure we would consider it.

Poll: Final points total?

January transfer window outgoings on 14:15 - Dec 11 with 1850 viewsLeoMuff

You missed Leif, probably most likely for a big offer I would say

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

January transfer window outgoings on 14:44 - Dec 11 with 1756 viewstractorboy1978

No way Humphreys leaves permanently - very highly rated by everyone at the club. Also no chance any key players leave.

I think there will be minimal outgoings (and incomings) to be honest. Maybe 3 in, 3 out. Aluko/Evans deregistered as they won't play anymore this season. Ladapo/Jackson are then probably the most likely to go I think. Ball I would imagine we'd want to be around with Luongo off to the Asian Cup (even if we signed someone else).
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 14:44]
January transfer window outgoings on 15:37 - Dec 11 with 1620 viewsKieran_Knows

Ladapo and Jackson to be sold, Baggott to go out on loan.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

January transfer window outgoings on 15:45 - Dec 11 with 1579 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

January transfer window outgoings on 15:37 - Dec 11 by Kieran_Knows

Ladapo and Jackson to be sold, Baggott to go out on loan.

Can’t see see either of them being sold, certainly both of them!

One thing we lack in the striker role is champship experience.. or senior football experience when you look at Scarlett. I think we’d be mad to let Ladapo & Jackson go unless we can bring in a certified and experienced championship striker permanently.

If we brought in another high potential loanee with limited experience that may improve the technical qualities, but leaves us very bare behind Hirst which I can’t see us doing this window.

I’m confident we will bring in a striker to support Hirst, but I’m not convinced we can/will spend what’s needed to sign someone of the requisite quality in a January transfer window
January transfer window outgoings on 15:50 - Dec 11 with 1555 viewsKieran_Knows

January transfer window outgoings on 15:45 - Dec 11 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Can’t see see either of them being sold, certainly both of them!

One thing we lack in the striker role is champship experience.. or senior football experience when you look at Scarlett. I think we’d be mad to let Ladapo & Jackson go unless we can bring in a certified and experienced championship striker permanently.

If we brought in another high potential loanee with limited experience that may improve the technical qualities, but leaves us very bare behind Hirst which I can’t see us doing this window.

I’m confident we will bring in a striker to support Hirst, but I’m not convinced we can/will spend what’s needed to sign someone of the requisite quality in a January transfer window

You would never class Jackson or Ladapo as Championship strikers with experience though.

Obviously, they would be sold with a view to replacing them. Jackson's contract runs out in 6 months, so we either sell him a for a small fee now or let him go for nothing in the summer (as we would be mad to offer him a new deal).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

January transfer window outgoings on 16:12 - Dec 11 with 1496 viewsjayessess

Both Baggott and Humphreys aren't included in our 25-man squad (too young), so moving them out wouldn't open up any squad space. Not sure why we'd listen to permanent offers on either given they're young players we've put on long contracts with an eye to developing them long term.

No one is going to buy Lee Evans whilst he has a long-term injury.

Can't see that we'd sell Dom Ball. He wouldn't command any significant fee and covers two positions.

Jackson... maybe? Like Dom Ball he knows two of the roles in our system and does both diligently.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

January transfer window outgoings on 16:20 - Dec 11 with 1446 viewsSheffordBlue

Baggott will be away for most of Jan with Indonesia which makes it more challenging to sort a loan out I think. It could happen but would be late in the window I think. If Indonesia exceed expectations he could still be away on international duty when the window shuts.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

January transfer window outgoings on 16:22 - Dec 11 with 1432 viewslizzibee

Can't see the club entertaining any of the mainstay to go - not at least until the end of the season if we dont go up, and I can't see them wanting to go as would be a massive step up with limited experience. They are guaranteed more play time by staying
Login to get fewer ads

January transfer window outgoings on 18:37 - Dec 11 with 1201 viewsBigCommon

Humphrey's ...loan (towards end of window)
Baggot ....Loan (towards end of window)
Evans .. unregister
Aluko .. unregister (????)
JD...... (Possibly sold, he's become this seasons KVY in terms of squad role)

(Evans , Aluko and JD, would free up three squad places) Doubt we'll need more than that.
January transfer window outgoings on 18:54 - Dec 11 with 1140 viewsElderGrizzly

Deregistering Evans and Aluko would seem obvious given our squad limits.

Aluko to stay as a coach or a free to another club?

Then one in one out, with Ladapo most vulnerable alongside Donacien?
January transfer window outgoings on 19:11 - Dec 11 with 1097 viewsMK1

Chaplin, Broadhead & Burns - Stay at least until the summer.
Ladapo - Sold if a replacement is already in.
Ball - Sold.
Evans - Sold.
Baggott - Loan/Sold.

Think that will be it. Only see us bringing in 3-4 in January.
January transfer window outgoings on 20:35 - Dec 11 with 942 viewsgosblue

Walton loan to Prem as back-up keeper
Donacien L1 loan, he’s been one of my favourite players in recent years.
Aluko retirement
Freddie loan
Baggott away with Indonesia in January/February so probably won’t get a loan.
Burgess away with Australia so no CB outgoings.
Mass and Morsy away (if selected) so no CM outgoings without incomings.
Evans can’t be sold as we are legally obliged to look after him. Can be removed from squad list.
Ball and Jackson are probably too versatile and reliable to be moved on without replacements.
January transfer window outgoings on 20:57 - Dec 11 with 872 viewsHelp

Rather than worry about whose out. What rumours on whose coming in. I read from one online site about a foreign player coming in. However I thought there was minimum wages for foreign players, so not sure that is right. A couple of prem players coming in? No names because MA does not want us to harm the club and I am happy to wait with bated breath.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024