Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… 12:59 - Dec 15 with 1448 viewsSevenT8

You would think that a generic picture of a Police Officer would have been more appropriate.

Very disappointing from a local paper.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/23990016.plea-no-trouble-ipswich-town-norwich

Poll: When will Gamechanger cancel their visit on Saturday? (GMT)

I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 13:11 - Dec 15 with 1312 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 13:50 - Dec 15 with 1145 viewsArnieM

As usual Town fans made out to be the bad guys. I stopped going to carrot roood years ago , as I was sick to the back teeth of being treated like a criminal by the Norfolk police. I remember queuing for the train (after a defeat), via the rear entrance. Four scum fans brandishing metal iron bars made to attack the orderly Town fans as they queued . As the they came for us, the dozy cow of police officer, was screaming at US, to move back ( noe of the Town fans had made any move towards the narwich fans. She stood facing the queuing Town fans, with the four yella n green tosses stood directly behind her. She took out her baton ( an extendable one), and to any passer-by it would have looked like the police were heading an attack on Town fans.

Why she didn’t turn abd face the narwich aggressors I shall never know! She. I tinted to scream at Town fans to “stand back”. None of us made any attempt to attack. Leaving the ground , the police pinned us in under the stand for nearly an hour. When the did let us out, hordes of scum fans were still allowed to “ line” our route back to the station. Every bloody time we play this scum we have this happen. The police make NO effort to keep the home fans back or kept a reasonable distance from us.

By contrast , I doubt we’ll even get sight of a scum fan approaching PR , the segregation will be that effective.

Bunch of 6 fingered tossas ( and that’s their police force!) . I bloody hate the loot of em, and I’ll never be giving them my money again.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 14:06 - Dec 15 with 1073 viewslizzibee

I dont want that lot to have an enjoyable afternoon. I want it to be bloody miserable for the lot of them
I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 14:09 - Dec 15 with 1058 viewsPinewoodblue

I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 13:50 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

As usual Town fans made out to be the bad guys. I stopped going to carrot roood years ago , as I was sick to the back teeth of being treated like a criminal by the Norfolk police. I remember queuing for the train (after a defeat), via the rear entrance. Four scum fans brandishing metal iron bars made to attack the orderly Town fans as they queued . As the they came for us, the dozy cow of police officer, was screaming at US, to move back ( noe of the Town fans had made any move towards the narwich fans. She stood facing the queuing Town fans, with the four yella n green tosses stood directly behind her. She took out her baton ( an extendable one), and to any passer-by it would have looked like the police were heading an attack on Town fans.

Why she didn’t turn abd face the narwich aggressors I shall never know! She. I tinted to scream at Town fans to “stand back”. None of us made any attempt to attack. Leaving the ground , the police pinned us in under the stand for nearly an hour. When the did let us out, hordes of scum fans were still allowed to “ line” our route back to the station. Every bloody time we play this scum we have this happen. The police make NO effort to keep the home fans back or kept a reasonable distance from us.

By contrast , I doubt we’ll even get sight of a scum fan approaching PR , the segregation will be that effective.

Bunch of 6 fingered tossas ( and that’s their police force!) . I bloody hate the loot of em, and I’ll never be giving them my money again.

Always park top end of Carrow Hill, easy get away after the game. Fortunately always managed to speak to a friendly copper and avoid the forced March to the Station.

Annoying when they keep home fans back to let Budgies get away easily, while the opposite happens at Carrow Road, and in the past same for Millwall games.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 15:04 - Dec 15 with 905 viewsSharkey

I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 14:09 - Dec 15 by Pinewoodblue

Always park top end of Carrow Hill, easy get away after the game. Fortunately always managed to speak to a friendly copper and avoid the forced March to the Station.

Annoying when they keep home fans back to let Budgies get away easily, while the opposite happens at Carrow Road, and in the past same for Millwall games.

Of course it's not annoying when Town win. I was thinking midweek that Watford police must have loved that late winner, - not because there was any trouble in the air but just to let the crowd disperse in two batches.
I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 15:15 - Dec 15 with 853 viewsSevenT8

I find the use of this photo to be deeply disrespectful… on 13:11 - Dec 15 by J2BLUE

Agree.

Here is the journalist's email, if anyone else shares my irritation. Is isn't fair to use a photograph of our joyous (and very peaceful) celebrations at the end of last season, to communicate a Police warning about potential misbehaviour by fans of both teams. This is not on and must not be allowed to pass without comment.

I obviously don't need to say this, but lets make sure that any/all communications are respectful. The journalist might not have been responsible for the choice of photo. Thanks.

aleksandra.cupriak@newsquest.co.uk

Poll: When will Gamechanger cancel their visit on Saturday? (GMT)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024