Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shots on target 00:12 - Dec 17 with 4785 viewsbritbiker

Something I've noticed lately is that we don't make the oppositions goalkeepers save many.

We either miss the target totally or score

Can't think of many recent games where a keeper has made multiple good saves.

Today I think Gunn had one good save and one standard save. Don't remember the Watford keeper doing much except goal kicks or picking the ball out of the net.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 21:39]
Shots on target on 21:24 - Dec 17 with 933 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shots on target on 20:56 - Dec 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

1. I've shown you evidence of where he came from, what his goal stats were from there, how he's massively improved from that, and how it's unrealistic to expect much more. You want a League 1 player from Fleetwood with 16 goals in 144 games to become a world beater in the Championship. Do you realise how daft that sounds?

2. I obviously mean banging on about it over months and months, not just today.

You are so disingenuous it's unreal. The problem with that (for you) is that everyone can see it.

Point 1..

The daft thing is you think it's wrong for someone to think we can't do better than a player signed from Fleetwood.

The weird thing is you state that like he has no right to be a better player because of where he came from. Remember mings?

2.. oh you're doing your usual. Talking about other posts and moaning about them whilst making more posts about the subject you don't like talking about.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Shots on target on 23:29 - Dec 17 with 864 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shots on target on 21:24 - Dec 17 by FrimleyBlue

Point 1..

The daft thing is you think it's wrong for someone to think we can't do better than a player signed from Fleetwood.

The weird thing is you state that like he has no right to be a better player because of where he came from. Remember mings?

2.. oh you're doing your usual. Talking about other posts and moaning about them whilst making more posts about the subject you don't like talking about.

What on earth are you talking about? You're all over the place.
Nowhere have I stated we can't do better than a player signed from Fleetwood. Nowhere have I stated he has no right to be a better player.
Nowhere have I said it's a subject I don't like talking about.

He has massively improved but you're asking for more, instantly. Mings didn't become an England player overnight!

And obviously I'm talking about ALL your Burns references. It's that nonsense again about stuff said in the past doesn't count isn't it?

You are so simplistic. I think you think real life is like a computer game.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Shots on target on 23:37 - Dec 17 with 848 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shots on target on 23:29 - Dec 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

What on earth are you talking about? You're all over the place.
Nowhere have I stated we can't do better than a player signed from Fleetwood. Nowhere have I stated he has no right to be a better player.
Nowhere have I said it's a subject I don't like talking about.

He has massively improved but you're asking for more, instantly. Mings didn't become an England player overnight!

And obviously I'm talking about ALL your Burns references. It's that nonsense again about stuff said in the past doesn't count isn't it?

You are so simplistic. I think you think real life is like a computer game.

What you seem to be ignoring is that you've contributed to another discussion about Burns. If you didn't want another one.. why get involved. It makes no sense.

You either do enjoy talking about it to get involved in it. So why moan about it.

Or you just discuss it so you can then moan about more posts about that subject. It's rather odd.

I'd still like an answer to is 3 goals in the championship a good return in such an attacking position with so many opportunities to score.

It doesn't matter if he's from Fleetwood. Just answer that question..

Waka waka eh eh

Shots on target on 00:10 - Dec 18 with 844 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shots on target on 23:37 - Dec 17 by FrimleyBlue

What you seem to be ignoring is that you've contributed to another discussion about Burns. If you didn't want another one.. why get involved. It makes no sense.

You either do enjoy talking about it to get involved in it. So why moan about it.

Or you just discuss it so you can then moan about more posts about that subject. It's rather odd.

I'd still like an answer to is 3 goals in the championship a good return in such an attacking position with so many opportunities to score.

It doesn't matter if he's from Fleetwood. Just answer that question..

WTAF. Did you miss this bit: "Nowhere have I said it's a subject I don't like talking about"?!?!

What do you mean why moan about it? I'm not moaning about the fact that the subjects being discussed, I'm moaning about your moronic hot take on it.

Where he came from is relevant. He came from humble beginnings, and has improved on that. 3 goals for a winger, with a newly promoted club, not yet at half way through the season? Say he scores 2 more by half way... then double it to see what he might get by the end of the season.

10 goals for the winger of a newly promoted team? I'd be happy with that.

Also, here's the crucial part, McKenna keeps playing him.
My mum knows more about football than you, so McKenna certainly does.

Shots on target on 07:40 - Dec 18 with 797 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shots on target on 00:10 - Dec 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

WTAF. Did you miss this bit: "Nowhere have I said it's a subject I don't like talking about"?!?!

What do you mean why moan about it? I'm not moaning about the fact that the subjects being discussed, I'm moaning about your moronic hot take on it.

Where he came from is relevant. He came from humble beginnings, and has improved on that. 3 goals for a winger, with a newly promoted club, not yet at half way through the season? Say he scores 2 more by half way... then double it to see what he might get by the end of the season.

10 goals for the winger of a newly promoted team? I'd be happy with that.

Also, here's the crucial part, McKenna keeps playing him.
My mum knows more about football than you, so McKenna certainly does.

Woah hang on. A manager knows more than a random person on a football forum. Jeez hold the front page...

The problem is clear here tho. You're basing your view on ifs. I'm basing it on the now. Ifs are great. But if we are working on ifs. What if he doesn't score again. That's 3 for the season. I don't see ifs as a sensible way to view things personally. No one gives ladapo that opportunity. Or Jackson. It's based on the nows. What if Jackson scores 50 by February. He comes from a humble background. He's improved...

Waka waka eh eh

Shots on target on 07:45 - Dec 18 with 802 viewsArnieM

Shots on target on 14:53 - Dec 17 by MK1

And yet we sit second in the league and are top scorers.

Yet so many games we could have had a cricket score - yet don’t . Saturdays being a prime example. So being more clinical in front of goal IS a factor in our overall game. Then maybe our weaknesses in our defence ( on the rare occasions they are actually asked to defend the ball when it comes into our box) wouldn’t be so damaging! Scum had two shots and scored from bith due to sh it poor defending in the box - again!

Our Poor finishing ( of the total number of chances we actually create) coupled with poor defending when opponents do manage to get the ball into our box DOES cost us points. Get that sorted and we’d be out of sight as regards promotion.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Shots on target on 08:20 - Dec 18 with 780 viewsITFCSG

Shots on target on 07:45 - Dec 18 by ArnieM

Yet so many games we could have had a cricket score - yet don’t . Saturdays being a prime example. So being more clinical in front of goal IS a factor in our overall game. Then maybe our weaknesses in our defence ( on the rare occasions they are actually asked to defend the ball when it comes into our box) wouldn’t be so damaging! Scum had two shots and scored from bith due to sh it poor defending in the box - again!

Our Poor finishing ( of the total number of chances we actually create) coupled with poor defending when opponents do manage to get the ball into our box DOES cost us points. Get that sorted and we’d be out of sight as regards promotion.

To be fair most teams in the Championship have similar issues and I guess we are already pretty good as things stand seeing where we are now in the table.

They way we play especially at home means our defence is always at the threat of conceding while we push forward. This gives us a lot of attacking prowess and goals but as shown last season and at Rotherham and Huddersfield, we struggle to break down teams in a low block or playing 10 men behind the ball (remember Cheltenham and Lincoln?).

I have been watching some of our rivals' games and realise Leeds have similar problems to us. The difference why we lost 3-4 earlier this season was because their multi-million pound strikers and wingers were much more clinical than ours. Rutter, Summerville, Gnoto, Sinisterra etc would have probably put away the chances Broadhead had on Saturday.

It will be an interesting match this weekend. If I was McK I'd take a leaf off the scum playbook at Elland Road. Our current squad would probably not win at Leeds in a goalfest shootout.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 8:20]
Shots on target on 08:37 - Dec 18 with 763 viewsHerbivore

So according to you we're rubbish at finishing and we can't defend. Remarkable really that we're sat on 52 points after 22 games when we are allegedly incapable of doing two of the key things you need to be able to do to win football matches.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Shots on target on 08:41 - Dec 18 with 752 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shots on target on 07:40 - Dec 18 by FrimleyBlue

Woah hang on. A manager knows more than a random person on a football forum. Jeez hold the front page...

The problem is clear here tho. You're basing your view on ifs. I'm basing it on the now. Ifs are great. But if we are working on ifs. What if he doesn't score again. That's 3 for the season. I don't see ifs as a sensible way to view things personally. No one gives ladapo that opportunity. Or Jackson. It's based on the nows. What if Jackson scores 50 by February. He comes from a humble background. He's improved...

I'm basing it on a full season in the Champ as that's the usual measure I judge someone's goals return by. So yes, I'm happy with his 3 goals so far (and his overall contribution to the team). If he fails to score again for the rest of the season then I'd say that's a poor return.

Your first sentence sums it up. You KNOW you're talking nonsense.

If McKenna's happy to keep playing him that means he's doing a good job.
That also means you're wrong.

Shots on target on 09:46 - Dec 18 with 716 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shots on target on 08:41 - Dec 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm basing it on a full season in the Champ as that's the usual measure I judge someone's goals return by. So yes, I'm happy with his 3 goals so far (and his overall contribution to the team). If he fails to score again for the rest of the season then I'd say that's a poor return.

Your first sentence sums it up. You KNOW you're talking nonsense.

If McKenna's happy to keep playing him that means he's doing a good job.
That also means you're wrong.

Ah OK. So another one of those. Wait until the seasons over until you're able to discuss things. Gotcha.

I'll remind you of that when you critique any player performance. And remind you that they were picked by KM so you shouldn't have any opinions at all.

[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 9:48]

Waka waka eh eh

Shots on target on 10:08 - Dec 18 with 697 viewsBiGDonnie

You and Dimbot really do stink this place out. Less than half a brain cell between the two of you.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Shots on target on 11:26 - Dec 18 with 673 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have broken all records for a newly promoted team, we've even broken records for the Championship full stop. And you want MORE?! What is wrong with you?

How any one can criticise this incredible team is utterly beyond me.

Shots on target on 11:35 - Dec 18 with 660 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shots on target on 09:46 - Dec 18 by FrimleyBlue

Ah OK. So another one of those. Wait until the seasons over until you're able to discuss things. Gotcha.

I'll remind you of that when you critique any player performance. And remind you that they were picked by KM so you shouldn't have any opinions at all.

[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 9:48]

No, I've said I'm happy with his 3 goals so far. If he carries on like that for the rest of the season (which is much more likely than your scenario where he doesn't score another goal) then double figures for a winger in a newly promoted team would represent a decent return.

I'll critique a player's performance occasionally, after the fact. But I haven't (and won't) keep banging on about a player I think is poor when McKenna keeps picking him. That would be literally admitting you're ignorant about what that player brings to the team.

Are you deliberately being disingenuous or are you just stupid? You're either struggling to understand my very clear words or you're deliberately misinterpreting them. Which is it?

Shots on target on 12:27 - Dec 18 with 622 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shots on target on 11:35 - Dec 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, I've said I'm happy with his 3 goals so far. If he carries on like that for the rest of the season (which is much more likely than your scenario where he doesn't score another goal) then double figures for a winger in a newly promoted team would represent a decent return.

I'll critique a player's performance occasionally, after the fact. But I haven't (and won't) keep banging on about a player I think is poor when McKenna keeps picking him. That would be literally admitting you're ignorant about what that player brings to the team.

Are you deliberately being disingenuous or are you just stupid? You're either struggling to understand my very clear words or you're deliberately misinterpreting them. Which is it?

I find it interesting you don't feel you can discuss your dislikes about a player just because the manager picks him. It's odd. But then you say you do critique a player after the fact. But how can you when the manager has picked him. Which one is it?

Also. I haven't started a thread on Burns. I discussed 2 players who in the most recent game missed opportunities. Sorry to say that included him.

Waka waka eh eh

Shots on target on 12:40 - Dec 18 with 604 viewsBlueBadger

Cookie isn't coming back Arn, he's not coming back.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shots on target on 12:49 - Dec 18 with 590 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shots on target on 12:27 - Dec 18 by FrimleyBlue

I find it interesting you don't feel you can discuss your dislikes about a player just because the manager picks him. It's odd. But then you say you do critique a player after the fact. But how can you when the manager has picked him. Which one is it?

Also. I haven't started a thread on Burns. I discussed 2 players who in the most recent game missed opportunities. Sorry to say that included him.

Thing is, I don't actually dislike any of the players the manager picks. Because I know a bit about football (not as much as the manager - but there's a reason he and I both like the players he picks). This is the point. If you're at odds with the manager, that means you're wrong.

You can critique a player after a game, if they've had a poor one. That has nothing to do with the manager picking them - they wouldn't have picked them if they knew they would have a poor game! You can say that Broadhead missed a chance on Saturday that you are stunned he could miss. KM ...and in fact Broadhead himself... would no doubt agree.

What you're doing is criticising a player for more than a year, while the manager has continued to pick him. That means you're wrong. Whether you started this thread or any other thread is utterly irrelevant. You're just wrong.

Shots on target on 13:06 - Dec 18 with 560 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shots on target on 12:49 - Dec 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Thing is, I don't actually dislike any of the players the manager picks. Because I know a bit about football (not as much as the manager - but there's a reason he and I both like the players he picks). This is the point. If you're at odds with the manager, that means you're wrong.

You can critique a player after a game, if they've had a poor one. That has nothing to do with the manager picking them - they wouldn't have picked them if they knew they would have a poor game! You can say that Broadhead missed a chance on Saturday that you are stunned he could miss. KM ...and in fact Broadhead himself... would no doubt agree.

What you're doing is criticising a player for more than a year, while the manager has continued to pick him. That means you're wrong. Whether you started this thread or any other thread is utterly irrelevant. You're just wrong.

Interesting

So when you say who you want us to bring in aren't saying kms wrong for wanting new players. Surely based on your rules. He has to be happy with what he's got as he keeps selecting them.. we don't need any new players. That good to know.

You keep saying I'm wrong. But what's right with your thinking? We can't bring In better. It's not possible?

I look forward to seeing you claim KM is wrong when he replaces someone in the lineup that's he's been picking.

Waka waka eh eh

Shots on target on 13:17 - Dec 18 with 549 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shots on target on 13:06 - Dec 18 by FrimleyBlue

Interesting

So when you say who you want us to bring in aren't saying kms wrong for wanting new players. Surely based on your rules. He has to be happy with what he's got as he keeps selecting them.. we don't need any new players. That good to know.

You keep saying I'm wrong. But what's right with your thinking? We can't bring In better. It's not possible?

I look forward to seeing you claim KM is wrong when he replaces someone in the lineup that's he's been picking.

Jesus wept. Where on earth have I said we can't get any better players?

This is your whole braindead issue. Better players exist in the world... so you can criticise the players we do have (well, one in particular).

Incidentally KM has had windows and hasn't replaced Burns. That in no way suggests there's no-one better in the world.

You're a fücking idiot.

Shots on target on 13:44 - Dec 18 with 519 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shots on target on 13:17 - Dec 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Jesus wept. Where on earth have I said we can't get any better players?

This is your whole braindead issue. Better players exist in the world... so you can criticise the players we do have (well, one in particular).

Incidentally KM has had windows and hasn't replaced Burns. That in no way suggests there's no-one better in the world.

You're a fücking idiot.

Very angry flash. Just a footy chat. Chill out a bit.

You're the one creating rules flash. Can't see faults in players as the manager picked them.

Which is bizarre as I've seen you join in with who you'd sign.

Waka waka eh eh

Shots on target on 13:53 - Dec 18 with 505 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shots on target on 13:44 - Dec 18 by FrimleyBlue

Very angry flash. Just a footy chat. Chill out a bit.

You're the one creating rules flash. Can't see faults in players as the manager picked them.

Which is bizarre as I've seen you join in with who you'd sign.

Why do you keep lying about what I've said?

Shots on target on 14:31 - Dec 18 with 469 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shots on target on 18:55 - Dec 17 by FrimleyBlue

Well yes that tends to happen when you're looking at the next level. No different to yourself and SB that Burgess wasn't good enough. But don't see you moaning at sb about it or saying you were wrong. Or do you agree that its part of football for football fans to discuss who they don't feel is good enough?

Ah forgot. If you don't agree with something. It's not allowed. But if it's your view. Then it's fine.

It's just weird you get worked up over someone not rating a player you like.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 19:16]

I remember a very astute TWTD poster in Spring 2021 saying Burgess could be a real player for us and that Edmundson might struggle to get his place back. He was laughed at for having such a wild view at the time. As usual he was right again.
Shots on target on 16:35 - Dec 18 with 401 viewsBucklebury_blue

Why do you want keepers to save shots on target, isn’t the whole point to score?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024