Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offence 08:07 - Dec 17 with 976 viewsNesspointrunner

I've just been looking at the Norwich first goal.
When the ball is kicked their bloke is a yard offside.
Then it comes across and he does an over head kick nearly taking Harry Clarke out dangerously,.
Then he completes the job on Clarke by bringing him down.
Then as he is getting up he handles the ball to control it.
4 offences in about 10 seconds. Impressive. Where was the Ref ?
Offence on 08:24 - Dec 17 with 872 viewsScuzzer

Yes. You are correct on all counts.
And all this I saw in real time as it occurred.
Where was the ref so that he could not see these?
And also where ws the lino? I thought he missed loads of stuff yesterday...really quite bad.

Established 1968

Offence on 08:27 - Dec 17 with 852 viewsRobTheMonk

It was an incredibly fortunate goal. I see people blaming Wolf, but Davis, Wolf and Burgess all take up good zonal positions leaving Hladky space to punch anything in the vicinity of the goalposts. Clarke was initially out of position, but got back to challenge. Their striker shoots, the shot is blocked from our good positions, unfortunately goes straight back to him for what is then admittedly an excellent finish.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 8:28]
Offence on 08:35 - Dec 17 with 810 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think the ref came into this game desperate to let it flow, which probably did make it better for a neutral (on the Owlstalk forum a number of Leicester supporters were saying what a good ref for that very reason), but ended up making a rod for his own back. The amount of fouls by Norwich that went unpunished was ridiculous, but I also thought Morsy should've been booked first half. I actually wondered if the ref had left his cards in the dressing room.

Not a single booking for Norwich in the entire game is absolutely ridiculous. Great for the neutral but a poor ref when you don't follow the actual rules and punish blatant fouls. Failing to book Morsy was the only good thing that came out of it for us.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Offence on 10:32 - Dec 17 with 634 viewsRobTheMonk

Offence on 08:35 - Dec 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think the ref came into this game desperate to let it flow, which probably did make it better for a neutral (on the Owlstalk forum a number of Leicester supporters were saying what a good ref for that very reason), but ended up making a rod for his own back. The amount of fouls by Norwich that went unpunished was ridiculous, but I also thought Morsy should've been booked first half. I actually wondered if the ref had left his cards in the dressing room.

Not a single booking for Norwich in the entire game is absolutely ridiculous. Great for the neutral but a poor ref when you don't follow the actual rules and punish blatant fouls. Failing to book Morsy was the only good thing that came out of it for us.

That Morsy tackle was a yellow any other day of the week lol.
Offence on 10:39 - Dec 17 with 598 viewsWickets

Offence on 10:32 - Dec 17 by RobTheMonk

That Morsy tackle was a yellow any other day of the week lol.

Agreed great that he escaped that one . Thought their second might have been seen as offside too ? Barnes cleverly stays just in Hladky's eyeline .
Offence on 10:39 - Dec 17 with 597 viewsthe_toff

Wasn’t there a foul on Burns before that? The ref tried to play advantage when it clearly wasn’t advantageous to have the ball with Hirst completely isolated. Chaplin and Burns were asking for the free kick. Shocking officiating on multiple levels for that Norwich equaliser. Completely undeserved too, we were all over them and should’ve been 2 or 3 nil up at the break.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024