Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? 14:38 - Dec 17 with 1010 viewsJrm_72

Having watched the EFL highlights, and now two games today, I am struck with just how often scorers deliberately go over to the away fans to goad them/shush them etc. The West Ham guy has just done it twice in a row when his own fans are all around. Do you think this should be legislated against? Obviously, very rarely does it cause an incident, but it would be very easy for something to happen (Grealish in the Brum derby for example), and it's just asking for it really. Plus it is totally classless.

In american football they have a lot of rules about how you can and can't celebrate. From playing in Britain, it was anything choreographed or towards an opponent got you a flag and a 15yrd penalty. Should there be yellow cards for this in football?
Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? on 14:45 - Dec 17 with 943 viewsIllinoisblue

No. The game doesn’t need to become more sanitized.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 14:54]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? on 14:58 - Dec 17 with 883 viewsBigCommon

Not for me... Fans are fare game, as are players... If I'm taking sh1t from oppo supporters all game, and score against them.. I'd probably let them know about it... The sensible among us , will just see it as banter.. All part and parcel of the game, imo.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? on 15:39 - Dec 17 with 793 viewsredrickstuhaart

Ridiculous. If someone reacts in a criminal way, they go to jail and rightly so. If grown men can't cope with a celebration in their vicinity on a football pitch, they shouldn't be there.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? on 16:18 - Dec 17 with 721 viewspointofblue

Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? on 15:39 - Dec 17 by redrickstuhaart

Ridiculous. If someone reacts in a criminal way, they go to jail and rightly so. If grown men can't cope with a celebration in their vicinity on a football pitch, they shouldn't be there.

Not wanting to stir up old threads from yesterday, but wasn't it said that fans were 'antagonised' when Delia's car drove through the crowd before the game? If grown men can't cope with the opposition owner being driven down the road etc. etc.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? on 16:23 - Dec 17 with 693 viewsredrickstuhaart

Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? on 16:18 - Dec 17 by pointofblue

Not wanting to stir up old threads from yesterday, but wasn't it said that fans were 'antagonised' when Delia's car drove through the crowd before the game? If grown men can't cope with the opposition owner being driven down the road etc. etc.

Quite right- yes.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Football? on 17:43 - Dec 17 with 566 viewsbrogansnose

David Nugent used to celebrate, unfortunately on a regular basis, scoring a goal against us by addressing all four stands at PR.

The rascal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024