Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy 20:26 - Dec 27 with 1250 viewsStu_boy

While a striker or 2 have to be our top priority, i also think we need a new defensive centre mid as we are going to miss morsy when he is missing. How about ben whiteman from preston, looks a decent player and out of contract in the summer so could be available at a decent price, id also look at chris willock from qpr
Morsy on 01:07 - Dec 28 with 1036 viewsBigCommon

Solid midfielder, Whiteman. I'd put him more as Jack Taylor type, than an out and out DM, though.
Ben Sheaf's name came up on here (Cov' player)...He ticks all the boxes of a Mass/Morsy replacement, with added height.... Would cost a few quid though. Very consistent player..

It's hard to know, imo, what kind of market we are shopping in, though, tbh..
Think this window is the most intriguing window for years.
Morsy on 02:04 - Dec 28 with 1013 viewsMercian

Morsy on 01:07 - Dec 28 by BigCommon

Solid midfielder, Whiteman. I'd put him more as Jack Taylor type, than an out and out DM, though.
Ben Sheaf's name came up on here (Cov' player)...He ticks all the boxes of a Mass/Morsy replacement, with added height.... Would cost a few quid though. Very consistent player..

He would be expensive. Probably the second most of all the true DM's in the division after Ndidi. Bielik would be a good and cheaper option and even cheaper options from the division would be Pearson and Nathaniel Chalobah.
Morsy on 07:48 - Dec 28 with 881 viewsPioneerBlue

Morsy on 02:04 - Dec 28 by Mercian

He would be expensive. Probably the second most of all the true DM's in the division after Ndidi. Bielik would be a good and cheaper option and even cheaper options from the division would be Pearson and Nathaniel Chalobah.

We already have a guy call Dom Ball on our team registered list and he if fit and knows the system. That said, I’m never one to turn down more quality in midfield but if Morsy was to be away or to miss these three games one after another in Jan we might not be able to slot anyone in that quickly to have immediate impact.

Conundrum.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Morsy on 08:36 - Dec 28 with 791 viewsMookamoo

Not sure how you can find an alternative to Morsy without spending serious money. For 4 or 5 games a season, we have other priorities for any budget we do have.

Dom Ball is just what we need at the moment. No serious outlay, good player who can do a job without any drama. Not as good as Morsy, but very few are at this level.

Maybe someone like Tim Iroegbunam can play alongside Morsy, learn from him and benefit from some good coaching and then play his position with Taylor when Morsy isn't there.
Morsy on 08:46 - Dec 28 with 744 viewsNutkins_Return

Morsy on 01:07 - Dec 28 by BigCommon

I've mentioned Sheaf a few times but don't think Cov would sell for less than £10 Mil.
Morsy on 08:47 - Dec 28 with 742 viewstractordownsouth

Whiteman could be a decent option - he doesn't drive forward as well as Morsy but does the defensive stuff very well and has good ball retention.

Willock isn't a defensive midfielder, he'd fit much better in the Chaplin/Broadhead role.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Morsy on 08:52 - Dec 28 with 716 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now we're 2nd, i'd be going in for Downes.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Morsy on 08:56 - Dec 28 with 702 viewstractordownsouth

Morsy on 08:52 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Now we're 2nd, i'd be going in for Downes.

Not sure West Ham would sell except for the type of money we couldn't afford. He's been excellent at Southampton too, so they won't recall his loan either.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy on 09:05 - Dec 28 with 672 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morsy on 08:56 - Dec 28 by tractordownsouth

Not sure West Ham would sell except for the type of money we couldn't afford. He's been excellent at Southampton too, so they won't recall his loan either.

Davis > Downes

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Morsy on 12:20 - Dec 28 with 491 viewsVic

Morsy on 02:04 - Dec 28 by Mercian

I'm assuming that we'll be looking to improve the first team rather than simply develop the squad.

That being the case we're going to have to pay serious money - possibly even break our transfer record. I just can't see us getting upgrades for any position for under £3m

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024