Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich 16:55 - Dec 28 with 4687 viewsIllinoisblue

To be fair, the cathedral is impressive. Would have gone to the castle too but it was closed (helpfully they don’t mention that on their website) The center and market is vastly superior to Ipswich; more shops, better shops. More life and bustle. Lunch at Brewdog was horrendous and overpriced. Parking at John Lewis was an adventure; people actually have to reverse into a parking spot and passengers have to get out first, such is the lack of room. Who the fck designs these car parks? Madness. Should have let the train take the strain.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:01 - Dec 28 with 3171 viewsGeoffSentence

You've not been before? Fair does, they get it right, it is a fine city.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:07 - Dec 28 with 3161 viewsGogs

Norwich has dozens of excellent pubs. I'm afraid choosing Brewdog for lunch was something of a boo-boo. You've probably realised that now
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:14 - Dec 28 with 3134 viewsMattinLondon

John Lewis at Norwich have just released CCTV footage of an unknown driver trying to park their car. There was loads of space.

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:15 - Dec 28 with 3128 viewsronnyd

Nothing wrong with Norwich as a city. It's just that yellow and green abomination up one corner that's the spoiler.
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:22 - Dec 28 with 3082 viewsorfordbuoy

loads of medieval churches, the fine Cornhill, Tavern St and The Buttermarket, an impressive waterfront ... yet the town declines year after year.
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:29 - Dec 28 with 3046 viewsMattinLondon

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:22 - Dec 28 by orfordbuoy

loads of medieval churches, the fine Cornhill, Tavern St and The Buttermarket, an impressive waterfront ... yet the town declines year after year.

I was once told that the trouble with Ipswich is that a lot of people who make decisions about the Town aren’t based in Ipswich itself and don’t try to promote it over other parts of the county.

Not sure if this is still the case as that must have been almost twenty years ago.
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:41 - Dec 28 with 2994 viewsMK1

Be sure to check you ain't sprouting any additional digits.
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:42 - Dec 28 with 2992 viewsIllinoisblue

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:07 - Dec 28 by Gogs

Norwich has dozens of excellent pubs. I'm afraid choosing Brewdog for lunch was something of a boo-boo. You've probably realised that now

VAR has ruled it a very bad decision indeed.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:43 - Dec 28 with 2995 viewsgiant_stow

It's nice innit. Your day could have only got better if you'd come to Hemsby too. I'm currently lucky enough to be staying here - the dunes/valley walks are ye bollix and even the arcades have a desolate charm.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:45 - Dec 28 with 2981 viewsIllinoisblue

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:22 - Dec 28 by orfordbuoy

Cornhill is looking better now. Waterfront very nice although that eyesore building STILl hasn’t been demolished. I’m staying in a 14th century flat on St Nicholas St. which is great apart from banging my head on the low doors 37 fking times.

62 - 78 - 81

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:51 - Dec 28 with 2939 viewsorfordbuoy

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:45 - Dec 28 by Illinoisblue

Cornhill is looking better now. Waterfront very nice although that eyesore building STILl hasn’t been demolished. I’m staying in a 14th century flat on St Nicholas St. which is great apart from banging my head on the low doors 37 fking times.

The sublime St Nicolas St of Cardinal Wolsey. There's got to be a ghost or two lurking around your rooms.
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:56 - Dec 28 with 2921 viewsorfordbuoy

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:29 - Dec 28 by MattinLondon

I was once told that the trouble with Ipswich is that a lot of people who make decisions about the Town aren’t based in Ipswich itself and don’t try to promote it over other parts of the county.

Not sure if this is still the case as that must have been almost twenty years ago.

You're probably right there mate. Ipswich is the oldest English town and the Westgate St/Tavern St/Carr St is an old Roman road to Walton(Felixstowe). But nowt is made of it.
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:57 - Dec 28 with 2919 viewsIllinoisblue

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:51 - Dec 28 by orfordbuoy

The sublime St Nicolas St of Cardinal Wolsey. There's got to be a ghost or two lurking around your rooms.

Oh for sure. Every floorboard creaks. Every door is low and crooked. And just a 5 minute walk from Portman Road. It’s actually great.

62 - 78 - 81

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:57 - Dec 28 with 2914 viewsstonojnr

Their market is better because they setup fixed permanent sheds traders could rent, and its a space they don't need to do other stuff with.

Ipswich Market suffered because it got moved so many times going back to when it was where Crown pools is now, it's not permanent, we use the Cornhill for lots of other stuff and ultimately are left with nothing more than a car boot sale going on.

But where in Ipswich do you setup something like they have in Norwich, Debenhams?
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 18:21 - Dec 28 with 2850 viewsford6600

I spent 90 mins in CR on Boxing day watching a very poor match (NC 2 v Huddersfld 0)!!!
My son got the tickets at short notice,in away section, as wanted to see some matches
during his Xmas leave. Next match QPR tomorrow. Strange to visit CR, looks small in comparison to PR..how does it hold 26k? We went to Murderers pub in city centre beforehand, packed,good beers, WEST HAM fans cheering goals on sky v MU, Canaries
cheering less loudly the Leeds goals v Town..undercover TOWN fan quietly willing Leeds game to finish asap! Huddersfield didn't bring many fans so they had the small away section and the larger part of away section sold online almost up to day of match. How on earth did we draw with these teams, perhaps they save their best for Town...
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 18:33 - Dec 28 with 2817 viewsjontysnut

Did you fly into the airport they hardly ever mention?
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 18:52 - Dec 28 with 2750 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwich is a decent city in fairness and has many decent pubs. (Not Brewdog).

Were the twins on the flower stall fighting amongst themselves on the market?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 18:54 - Dec 28 with 2740 viewsGeoffSentence

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:45 - Dec 28 by Illinoisblue

That place on the corner of Silent Street? Cardinal Wolsey was born on the othr side of the street. Its a call centre now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 19:12 - Dec 28 with 2679 viewsjaykay

market ? do you mean a place where you can buy chips at every other stall

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 19:20 - Dec 28 with 2646 viewsBigCommon

Assuming you doused yourself in Holy Water , on leaving the City... You'll be fine.
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 19:27 - Dec 28 with 2633 viewsford6600

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 18:21 - Dec 28 by ford6600

I spent 90 mins in CR on Boxing day watching a very poor match (NC 2 v Huddersfld 0)!!!
My son got the tickets at short notice,in away section, as wanted to see some matches
during his Xmas leave. Next match QPR tomorrow. Strange to visit CR, looks small in comparison to PR..how does it hold 26k? We went to Murderers pub in city centre beforehand, packed,good beers, WEST HAM fans cheering goals on sky v MU, Canaries
cheering less loudly the Leeds goals v Town..undercover TOWN fan quietly willing Leeds game to finish asap! Huddersfield didn't bring many fans so they had the small away section and the larger part of away section sold online almost up to day of match. How on earth did we draw with these teams, perhaps they save their best for Town...

not boxing day....SATURDAY...
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 22:46 - Dec 28 with 2437 viewsIllinoisblue

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 18:54 - Dec 28 by GeoffSentence

That place on the corner of Silent Street? Cardinal Wolsey was born on the othr side of the street. Its a call centre now.

Yep, that’s the one: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4743457?source_impression_id=p3_1703803525_3DXsfy

62 - 78 - 81

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 22:47 - Dec 28 with 2426 viewsIllinoisblue

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:57 - Dec 28 by stonojnr

Their market is better because they setup fixed permanent sheds traders could rent, and its a space they don't need to do other stuff with.

Ipswich Market suffered because it got moved so many times going back to when it was where Crown pools is now, it's not permanent, we use the Cornhill for lots of other stuff and ultimately are left with nothing more than a car boot sale going on.

But where in Ipswich do you setup something like they have in Norwich, Debenhams?

The Debenhans building should be demolished and replaced with a combo of Turkish barber, chip shop and vape place.

62 - 78 - 81

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 05:52 - Dec 29 with 2164 viewsDubai_Blue

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:43 - Dec 28 by giant_stow

It's nice innit. Your day could have only got better if you'd come to Hemsby too. I'm currently lucky enough to be staying here - the dunes/valley walks are ye bollix and even the arcades have a desolate charm.

You wouldn't have been on the beach though, at least not at the gap
I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 07:20 - Dec 29 with 2127 viewsWeWereZombies

I have sinned and spent today in Norwich on 17:57 - Dec 28 by stonojnr

The empty Wilko premises ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024