Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor 11:57 - Jan 5 with 4617 viewshype313

Given how long we chased him, and the investment spent has he been an underwhelming signing?

I know people were saying it would take time for him to get up to speed to our style of play, but he did sign right at he beginning of the summer and had a full pre season, just seems like he can't get going and that is partly down to how well Mass played, but even when Mass has been off it, he still doesn't seem like he's trusted yet.

Clearly he's a player, but I thought after his signing it would be him and Morsy with Mass as backup, not the other way around.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Taylor on 11:58 - Jan 5 with 3876 viewsvilanovablue

Probably just a testament to how good Luongo has been this season.
Taylor on 11:59 - Jan 5 with 3830 viewsDubtractor

Taylor on 11:58 - Jan 5 by vilanovablue

Probably just a testament to how good Luongo has been this season.

I think that's how I view it too.

Taylor has been ok when he has played, but clearly difficult to dislodge Luongo with how well he has played.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Taylor on 12:00 - Jan 5 with 3815 viewstractorboy1978

Surely we will see him more in the 10 role now than CM?
Taylor on 12:00 - Jan 5 with 3799 viewsbilllm

think in a way it's a semi good signing for Taylor who I like,
May restrict his starts but give him more flexibility from the bench he doesn't look comfortable in a deep midfield defensive duty role,
He's a forward thinking midfielder point of a diamond midfielder,
Taylor on 12:08 - Jan 5 with 3698 views_clive_baker_

Feel a bit sorry for him, it's almost impossible for him to find his stride when he's been playing catch up and only had fleeting opportunities here and there. A victim of Luongo's form I feel like Taylor needs a run of games, e.g. 5 consecutive starts to really establish himself, but it's not a luxury we've been able to afford. Unlike other areas such as Hladky where it was enforced, or Davis who had that opportunity last season at a lower level.

There's clearly a good player in there though. I do think his time will come.
Taylor on 12:12 - Jan 5 with 3606 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

He's had limited opportunities but I wouldn't say he grasped those opportunities recently.

I don't think he's really grasped the trust of the management team just yet though. I'd actually say McKenna trusts Ball over Taylor at the moment, so he needs a good second half of the season when he gets his moments.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Taylor on 12:16 - Jan 5 with 3501 viewsurbanblue

Taylor on 12:08 - Jan 5 by _clive_baker_

Feel a bit sorry for him, it's almost impossible for him to find his stride when he's been playing catch up and only had fleeting opportunities here and there. A victim of Luongo's form I feel like Taylor needs a run of games, e.g. 5 consecutive starts to really establish himself, but it's not a luxury we've been able to afford. Unlike other areas such as Hladky where it was enforced, or Davis who had that opportunity last season at a lower level.

There's clearly a good player in there though. I do think his time will come.

I think as the team has progressed quicker then anyone probably expected we find ourselves in a position where we need more quality then expected for this big promotion push.

I like Taylor but guess he was seen as an investment to consolidate in the Championship. Now our aims are higher he's just a squad level player at this stage. Hopefully he'll push on. We will see ....
Taylor on 12:18 - Jan 5 with 3474 viewsFtnfwest

long term signing, as others have said, its a bit difficult for him to just drop in and perform when he gets the odd game so far but i think he's shown enough that we should be pleased he's here
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor on 12:18 - Jan 5 with 3459 viewshomer_123

His best position for us, would be Chappers position. Therein lies the issue.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Taylor on 12:20 - Jan 5 with 3441 views_clive_baker_

Taylor on 12:16 - Jan 5 by urbanblue

I think as the team has progressed quicker then anyone probably expected we find ourselves in a position where we need more quality then expected for this big promotion push.

I like Taylor but guess he was seen as an investment to consolidate in the Championship. Now our aims are higher he's just a squad level player at this stage. Hopefully he'll push on. We will see ....

Not that I'd wish it, but he was probably a Luongo international retirement decision away from getting that break he needed. Often it's an enforced change that gives that opportunity to come in for a run of games and make the shirt his own. As Luongo himself had last season to be fair when Evans fooked his knee.
Taylor on 12:24 - Jan 5 with 3371 viewsurbanblue

Taylor on 12:20 - Jan 5 by _clive_baker_

Not that I'd wish it, but he was probably a Luongo international retirement decision away from getting that break he needed. Often it's an enforced change that gives that opportunity to come in for a run of games and make the shirt his own. As Luongo himself had last season to be fair when Evans fooked his knee.

I'm not convinced that if Luango had gone Taylor would have filled in. Ball chosen over him against QPR and evidenced by the Travis signing.
Taylor on 12:35 - Jan 5 with 3235 viewsstrikalite

Taylor on 12:18 - Jan 5 by homer_123

His best position for us, would be Chappers position. Therein lies the issue.

It's his preferred position too, wasted really as a DM, from 20/30 yards with a yard or two of space the lad can shoot, it's a big thing to have in your locker..
[Post edited 5 Jan 12:38]
Taylor on 12:37 - Jan 5 with 3204 views_clive_baker_

Taylor on 12:24 - Jan 5 by urbanblue

I'm not convinced that if Luango had gone Taylor would have filled in. Ball chosen over him against QPR and evidenced by the Travis signing.

Ball was the Morsy replacement against QPR. I think Taylor would've been the obvious one to come in for Luongo had he gone away.
Taylor on 12:43 - Jan 5 with 3111 viewsNthQldITFC

Luongo's been consistently brilliant and has a telepathic understanding with Morsy. Taylor has had an obviously massive task to get game time because of this. In his earlier cameos he showed that, and as a consequence tried a bit too hard in some ways and was a bit tense.

In the last couple of months though he looks, to me, a lot more relaxed and has started to impose himself in midfield and has ball carrying skills that Mass and Morsy don't have. He's starting to come good now.

It looks like Travis is a Morsy backup and replacement for Evans/Ball to me. I suspect Taylor and Luongo will share the other role much more evenly over the remainder of the season, unless Morsy is out in which case Luong takes the Morsy role and Taylor the other.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Taylor on 12:54 - Jan 5 with 3026 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think playing in a KM system is a bit like playing for City. Players need prolonged run of matches to truly fit into the system. CM must be one of the most difficult positions to fit into seamlessly.
[Post edited 5 Jan 12:54]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

No no no no no on 13:04 - Jan 5 with 2904 viewsunstableblue

Taylor has improved significantly

Is beginning to look comfortable in McKenna system and starting ahead of Luongo in recent games

Luongo form is dropping and I think we’ll see by the end of the season that Taylor is the started, dependent of whether a Morsy/Travis midfield two could work

Also Taylor has scored two Thunderbastards!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Taylor on 13:06 - Jan 5 with 2885 viewsBlueForYou

If we can't get hold of anyone in the transfer window, is he one that could have a go at being the emergency striker? He certainly knows where the goal is.
Taylor on 13:11 - Jan 5 with 2804 viewsPinewoodblue

Taylor on 12:43 - Jan 5 by NthQldITFC

Luongo's been consistently brilliant and has a telepathic understanding with Morsy. Taylor has had an obviously massive task to get game time because of this. In his earlier cameos he showed that, and as a consequence tried a bit too hard in some ways and was a bit tense.

In the last couple of months though he looks, to me, a lot more relaxed and has started to impose himself in midfield and has ball carrying skills that Mass and Morsy don't have. He's starting to come good now.

It looks like Travis is a Morsy backup and replacement for Evans/Ball to me. I suspect Taylor and Luongo will share the other role much more evenly over the remainder of the season, unless Morsy is out in which case Luong takes the Morsy role and Taylor the other.

I’m confused. You see Travis as a back to Morsy but if Morsy isn’t available you expect Luongo & Taylor to play in midfield.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Taylor on 13:14 - Jan 5 with 2766 viewsNutkins_Return

Sort of understand the question but what would you do if the team were setting records and winning most games and not losing? Luongo was in on merit and results. Unfortunate for Taylor but he knows he has to perform. He's done fine but not as well as Luongo when he has had chances.
No no no no no on 13:14 - Jan 5 with 2758 viewsBondiBlue

No no no no no on 13:04 - Jan 5 by unstableblue

Taylor has improved significantly

Is beginning to look comfortable in McKenna system and starting ahead of Luongo in recent games

Luongo form is dropping and I think we’ll see by the end of the season that Taylor is the started, dependent of whether a Morsy/Travis midfield two could work

Also Taylor has scored two Thunderbastards!

Predicting mass to stop playing well is a bit like predicting ipswich to drop out of the automatic promotion spots. It's possible but he's there on merit and good players don't stop being good players because we'd like a younger shinier player to be better.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Taylor on 13:26 - Jan 5 with 2617 viewsBasuco

He is improving with every game, and against Leicester he was superb, IMO, moving forward he will be a great signing.
Taylor on 13:36 - Jan 5 with 2548 viewsSteve_M

No, I don't think so, we're seeing a player developing and broadening his role. Luongo was always going to start ahead of him this season after his form at the end of last season.

It's clear McK doesn't think Luongo can play twice in a week so Taylor has been part of that rotation and perhaps the same applies to Taylor in his view. One example of Taylor's progress in my view was how he played at Middlesbrough, much tighter in possession than earlier in the season.

Taylor would undoubtedly have hoped to play more but he's very much part of the squad and the only players ahead of him are both a good deal older.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Taylor on 14:19 - Jan 5 with 2270 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Underwhelming is just the word I would use, but still hopeful that improvement will continue.
Taylor on 14:20 - Jan 5 with 2258 viewsChurchman

I like Taylor. Good player with more to come. Boy does he know where the goal is too.

He’s been a bit unlucky in that Morsy and Luongo have been so strong and the team has been settled and doing well. That doesn’t make him an underwhelming signing for us. As others have said, his time will come.
Taylor on 14:21 - Jan 5 with 2256 views_clive_baker_

Taylor on 14:19 - Jan 5 by Alberto_the_frog

Underwhelming is just the word I would use, but still hopeful that improvement will continue.

Genuine question, who would you like to see us sign? You don't seem enamored by any of the suggestions
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024