Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stonewall Penalty 19:18 - Jan 13 with 8902 viewsDublinBlue84

No touch on the ball whatsoever.

Total disgrace.

Not sure how the feck the sky commentator can say he got a touch when the pictures show otherwise

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Stonewall Penalty on 14:28 - Jan 14 with 1182 viewsHerbivore

Stonewall Penalty on 14:25 - Jan 14 by norfsufblue

What sort of referee thinks a corner is more advantageous than a penalty??

He's talking about the elbow on Jackson, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stonewall Penalty on 14:33 - Jan 14 with 1169 viewsExiled2Surrey

Stonewall Penalty on 12:24 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Yep, we've had a few like that this season. I still find it crazy we've had one penalty all season when you look at the number of penalty shouts we've had, then you see Leicester getting one for the opposition defender clearing the ball.

I think that if you take the KDH shout for a pen against Leicester, we might console ourselves that “it evens out over a season” - I would rather have an extra point than an extra goal in the GD column…
Stonewall Penalty on 14:38 - Jan 14 with 1155 viewsHerbivore

Stonewall Penalty on 14:33 - Jan 14 by Exiled2Surrey

I think that if you take the KDH shout for a pen against Leicester, we might console ourselves that “it evens out over a season” - I would rather have an extra point than an extra goal in the GD column…

That's one occasion and one where I don't think it was a pen to be honest with you, so no, it doesn't even itself out.

Stonewall Penalty on 14:53 - Jan 14 with 1139 viewsheavyweight

Stonewall Penalty on 11:14 - Jan 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is there any footage of the incident?

Stonewall Penalty on 15:22 - Jan 14 with 1104 viewsberkstractorboy

Stonewall Penalty on 14:33 - Jan 14 by Exiled2Surrey

And what evens out the 2 pens we should have had at Rotherham? And there are more cases I am sure ...
Stonewall Penalty on 15:47 - Jan 14 with 1075 viewsVegtablue

Stonewall Penalty on 14:53 - Jan 14 by heavyweight

Oh 😂 I'm loving that from Omari, total commitment, but isn't it play-on? They're sprinting directly at each other lol, and about to reach the ball together, but Omari jumps to make sure he's hammering O'Nien into the turf and not the other way around? Possible ricochet of the ball between the two moments before collision, with O'Nien's touch sending it further away from goal? The ball speeds up just before wipeout.
Stonewall Penalty on 15:52 - Jan 14 with 1061 viewscrouchendyachtclub

I feel like there was an angle that showed he got a toe on the ball that is being conveniently left off twitter. I definitely felt like it was a pen in real time and changed my mind after a replay that seemed to show something conclusive.

The contact after that is essentially running into each other rather than a studs up follow through so if he gets the ball I don’t see that it can be compared to the Coventry one.
Stonewall Penalty on 16:02 - Jan 14 with 1028 viewsfranz_tyson

I don't see that as a stonewall pen. Two committed players coming together and a split second before Omari seems to jump just before the coming together and the player misses the ball fractionally. ... and their momentum brings them together. Omari somersaulting makes it look pretty dramatic. Omani never had the ball under control and it looked like it was a 50-50 ball.
Maybe it was a technical penalty if Omari nicked the ball a split second before the collision, but not a stonewall for me. If there's such a thing as luck evening out, then we're due one hopefully in a more critical point.
Login to get fewer ads

Stonewall Penalty on 17:38 - Jan 14 with 954 viewsHerbivore

Stonewall Penalty on 16:02 - Jan 14 by franz_tyson

I don't see that as a stonewall pen. Two committed players coming together and a split second before Omari seems to jump just before the coming together and the player misses the ball fractionally. ... and their momentum brings them together. Omari somersaulting makes it look pretty dramatic. Omani never had the ball under control and it looked like it was a 50-50 ball.
Maybe it was a technical penalty if Omari nicked the ball a split second before the collision, but not a stonewall for me. If there's such a thing as luck evening out, then we're due one hopefully in a more critical point.

He. Doesn't. Need. To. Have. The. Ball. Under. Control. For. It. To. Be. A. Foul.

Stonewall Penalty on 20:52 - Jan 14 with 857 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought the defender may have got a toe on it, but clearly didn’t. Irrelevant anyway given the force and lack of control. Hutch did well to jump out of the challenge. If his leg had been planted that could have been very nasty.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stonewall Penalty on 21:09 - Jan 14 with 816 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Stonewall Penalty on 17:38 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

He. Doesn't. Need. To. Have. The. Ball. Under. Control. For. It. To. Be. A. Foul.

Say it again, louder for those at the back.
Stonewall Penalty on 21:12 - Jan 14 with 811 viewsgosblue

Stonewall Penalty on 23:55 - Jan 13 by USA

The advantage was played and we had the shot. That’s the advantage. You cannot bring back play because he didn’t score with the shot

VAR says otherwise
Stonewall Penalty on 21:12 - Jan 14 with 812 viewsNthQldITFC

Not sure what the balance of opinion is on this thread, but having seen it slowed down on Twitter, I'm convinced Hutchinson pulled out at the last second and the Sunlun defender played the ball. No pen for me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stonewall Penalty on 21:34 - Jan 14 with 783 viewsVegtablue

Stonewall Penalty on 21:12 - Jan 14 by NthQldITFC

Not sure what the balance of opinion is on this thread, but having seen it slowed down on Twitter, I'm convinced Hutchinson pulled out at the last second and the Sunlun defender played the ball. No pen for me.

In rugger Omari may be in trouble for not wrapping his arms in the tackle, he's absolutely flattened the bloke 😅 great to see!
Stonewall Penalty on 21:48 - Jan 14 with 759 viewsHerbivore

Stonewall Penalty on 21:12 - Jan 14 by NthQldITFC

Alternatively, the defender completely wiped Hutchinson out with a reckless challenge and, if he does get the ball (he doesn't), he only does so because he's gone clean through the player.

Stonewall Penalty on 21:57 - Jan 14 with 734 viewsberkstractorboy

Stonewall Penalty on 21:48 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Alternatively, the defender completely wiped Hutchinson out with a reckless challenge and, if he does get the ball (he doesn't), he only does so because he's gone clean through the player.

This is what I see. The defender is not in control of the tackle and Omari has to jump to avoid the tackle or risk a broken leg. Slip or not its a foul on Omari.
Stonewall Penalty on 22:17 - Jan 14 with 694 viewsNthQldITFC

Stonewall Penalty on 21:48 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

I'm going to look again, but I thought that had Hutch not jumped it would have been one of those both hit the ball at the same time contacts, and Hutch as the smaller player probably wisely got out of the way. I also thought the Sunderland player was studs down and not reckless, any more than Hutchinson was. The contact looked bad, but in a sense that was Hutchinson's choice.

Off to have another look...

...yeah, I'd stick with that.

You'll not like this, but if anything I'd say that was foul by Hutch! (but I'd not give it)

Maybe being an ex-centre back of robust demeanour colours my judgement.

It's this video I'm looking at, btw.
[Post edited 14 Jan 22:27]

Stonewall Penalty on 22:27 - Jan 14 with 664 viewsberkstractorboy

Stonewall Penalty on 22:17 - Jan 14 by NthQldITFC

I'm going to look again, but I thought that had Hutch not jumped it would have been one of those both hit the ball at the same time contacts, and Hutch as the smaller player probably wisely got out of the way. I also thought the Sunderland player was studs down and not reckless, any more than Hutchinson was. The contact looked bad, but in a sense that was Hutchinson's choice.

You'll not like this, but if anything I'd say that was foul by Hutch! (but I'd not give it)

Can you post a link to the video that shows the defender playing the ball? You have video some of us are clearly not seeing.
Stonewall Penalty on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 653 viewsNthQldITFC

Stonewall Penalty on 22:27 - Jan 14 by berkstractorboy

Can you post a link to the video that shows the defender playing the ball? You have video some of us are clearly not seeing.

Just added above. If you watch at 0.25x speed it looks clear to me that the ball gets additional momentum from the defender's contact with it.

Stonewall Penalty on 22:33 - Jan 14 with 640 viewsHerbivore

I honestly don't even know what you are seeing here to be honest. Their defender flies in to try and win the ball, doesn't get it, and wipes Hutchinson out. That Hutchinson tries to avoid the worst of the impact by jumping doesn't change that and definitely doesn't make it a foul on his part.

Stonewall Penalty on 22:36 - Jan 14 with 627 viewsVegtablue

Glad I'm not alone with my eyesight lol. If Omari was more stationary I'd be differently minded: the Sunderland defender doesn't show studs or lunge but the force would be excessive IMO, whether Hutch ever has the ball in his possession or not and whether the defender plays the ball or not, which I'm also confident he does incidentally.

Why I can't see it that way is because Omari has leapt in the air with all the forward momentum to win a long jump competition, after he smartly decides not to tackle or compete for the ball. Were he to have decided to meet O'Nien challenge for challenge instead of jumping, realistically they'd have crunched each other, as Omari was hurtling into him without the ball in equal or greater measure. If Omari hadn't flown in with such speed himself, he wouldn't have been able to stop the defender dead and finish his landing a metre forwards; he'd have been sent backwards on his arse.
Stonewall Penalty on 22:37 - Jan 14 with 618 viewsberkstractorboy

Stonewall Penalty on 22:30 - Jan 14 by NthQldITFC

Just added above. If you watch at 0.25x speed it looks clear to me that the ball gets additional momentum from the defender's contact with it.

Yeah from that angle it does look like the defender has played it after Omari has jumped to avoid getting hit. The other angles I have seen are from behind Omari looking at the goal and doesn't look like a touch.

My issue with it is if Omari doesn't jump and plays the ball 1st or same time he has a foot planted that takes the full force of the defenders momentum and we are probably talking about a very serious injury. So does a player have to take the contact and injury to get a foul?
Stonewall Penalty on 22:39 - Jan 14 with 605 viewsHerbivore

Stonewall Penalty on 22:36 - Jan 14 by Vegtablue

Glad I'm not alone with my eyesight lol. If Omari was more stationary I'd be differently minded: the Sunderland defender doesn't show studs or lunge but the force would be excessive IMO, whether Hutch ever has the ball in his possession or not and whether the defender plays the ball or not, which I'm also confident he does incidentally.

Why I can't see it that way is because Omari has leapt in the air with all the forward momentum to win a long jump competition, after he smartly decides not to tackle or compete for the ball. Were he to have decided to meet O'Nien challenge for challenge instead of jumping, realistically they'd have crunched each other, as Omari was hurtling into him without the ball in equal or greater measure. If Omari hadn't flown in with such speed himself, he wouldn't have been able to stop the defender dead and finish his landing a metre forwards; he'd have been sent backwards on his arse.

Hutchinson. Doesn't. Need. To. Have. Control. Of. The. Ball. For. It. To. Be. A. Foul.

You acknowledge O'Nien doesn't get the ball, so when he throws himself into that challenge and doesn't get the ball, you think it's what, just an innocuous coming together?

Stonewall Penalty on 22:41 - Jan 14 with 602 viewsNthQldITFC

Stonewall Penalty on 22:33 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

I honestly don't even know what you are seeing here to be honest. Their defender flies in to try and win the ball, doesn't get it, and wipes Hutchinson out. That Hutchinson tries to avoid the worst of the impact by jumping doesn't change that and definitely doesn't make it a foul on his part.

I just noticed on that tweet that someone had said it was a new angle they hadn't seen before. I hadn't looked at any slow mo replays until I saw this so maybe it's because I came to the party late! Blue dress/yellow dress? And I've had quite a lot of red wine tonight.

Stonewall Penalty on 22:41 - Jan 14 with 597 viewsRamRob

Stonewall Penalty on 22:33 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

I would ask people to look at the foul by Wan-Bissaka v Tottenham that he got booked for and tell me how that is given and the Hutchinson one isn't.

IMO its either a foul on Hutchinson or by Hutchinson, but the ref gave a corner instead.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024