Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. 11:03 - Jan 18 with 10043 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:06 - Jan 18 with 4573 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I'm not one to say severely underwhelming, but my god that would be severely underwhelming.
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:08 - Jan 18 with 4493 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Bizarre business if true, in his 30s, a winger rather than a striker (and we already have more midfielders than we need), an okay League One player but if that's all we can get I'd stick with what we have.

Obviously, if he arrives here I will give him all my support, but that's not the sort of business that's going to get us promoted or have any longevity in my view. Feels a bit of an Evans-era moment that.
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:10 - Jan 18 with 4412 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:06 - Jan 18 by burnbudgiesburn

I'm not one to say severely underwhelming, but my god that would be severely underwhelming.

I'm not one to rush in with my thoughts

But a 33 year old who elbowed one of our players purposely, doesn't quite fit the character/age profile of the current era.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:12 - Jan 18 with 4365 viewsDanTheMan

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:10 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

But a 33 year old who elbowed one of our players purposely, doesn't quite fit the character/age profile of the current era.

Depends on what he's used for. If he's just backup then I'm not that bothered, but I am a little underwhelmed as others have put it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:12 - Jan 18 with 4359 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:06 - Jan 18 by burnbudgiesburn

It's going to feel a bit Bonne/Piggot when McKenna first came in, we will be trying to play someone in what became the Ladapo/Hirst position who from my recollection isn't that well suited to it, beyond having a bit of stamina. He certainly won't be scoring for fun, and if you look at what our rivals have up top...
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:13 - Jan 18 with 4320 viewstractorboy1978

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:12 - Jan 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

It's going to feel a bit Bonne/Piggot when McKenna first came in, we will be trying to play someone in what became the Ladapo/Hirst position who from my recollection isn't that well suited to it, beyond having a bit of stamina. He certainly won't be scoring for fun, and if you look at what our rivals have up top...

Obviously not being signed as a striker is he ffs!
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:13 - Jan 18 with 4306 viewsKieran_Knows

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:12 - Jan 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He's not coming here to play up top, that's just a ludicrous statement.

He's been playing left back a lot of the time for Wednesday recently, so I suspect he's seen as back up for Davis.

It wouldn't surprise me if Williams returned now and Travis and Ball used as back up at right back.

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 4272 viewsITFCBlues

Luongo didn't fit that criteria either, that didn't turn out too badly!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 4271 viewsgeg1992

He's surely being signed as wingback cover?

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 4262 viewsIllinoisblue

Born is the new king of Portman road. A little baffling but who are we to judge what McKenna needs?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 4250 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I agree 100%

It seems like baffling business. I guess Ahadme was as well, but at least he had age on his side. It seems like we're clutching at straws.

Let's just save the money, play Jackson, and accept we probably will have to limp on with him and Freddy. I don't think we will be promoted if that's the case, but I see no point in spending anything on Johnson.
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 4210 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't understand the bafflement on this thread – it'd be low-cost, experienced backup for Davis.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 4187 viewsITFCBlues

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:14 - Jan 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I agree 100%

It seems like baffling business. I guess Ahadme was as well, but at least he had age on his side. It seems like we're clutching at straws.

Let's just save the money, play Jackson, and accept we probably will have to limp on with him and Freddy. I don't think we will be promoted if that's the case, but I see no point in spending anything on Johnson.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 4188 viewsFrankMarshall

Bizarre signing if this turns out to be the case. Good in League 1 but has clearly struggled to find form at Championship level. Plus yet another winger???

Frank Marshall

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 4170 viewsElderGrizzly

Is this not simply back-up to Davis with Williams unlikely to return?
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:18 - Jan 18 with 4111 viewsgeg1992

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:16 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Is this not simply back-up to Davis with Williams unlikely to return?

Exactly this. Good experienced cover.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:18 - Jan 18 with 4093 viewschicoazul

Bye bye Brandon

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 4084 viewstractorboy1978

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:16 - Jan 18 by FrankMarshall

Bizarre signing if this turns out to be the case. Good in League 1 but has clearly struggled to find form at Championship level. Plus yet another winger???

He's been one of Sheff Wed best players this season.

Source - Sheff Wed fans.
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 4064 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:14 - Jan 18 by ITFCBlues

Luongo didn't fit that criteria either, that didn't turn out too badly!

Who did Luongo elbow? lol he was also 30

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 4076 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:13 - Jan 18 by Kieran_Knows

He's not coming here to play up top, that's just a ludicrous statement.

He's been playing left back a lot of the time for Wednesday recently, so I suspect he's seen as back up for Davis.

It wouldn't surprise me if Williams returned now and Travis and Ball used as back up at right back.

I hadn't realised he was playing at the back these days as he was always a winger, but again wouldn't we be better to bed in Humphries as cover in that position rather than sign a guy in his 30's who we might get 4 months out of at best?
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 4020 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:19 - Jan 18 by tractorboy1978

He's been one of Sheff Wed best players this season.

Source - Sheff Wed fans.

Really? Most Wednesday fans think their players are dross, but then again, I wouldn't rely on them either way.
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 3997 viewsKieran_Knows

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:19 - Jan 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I hadn't realised he was playing at the back these days as he was always a winger, but again wouldn't we be better to bed in Humphries as cover in that position rather than sign a guy in his 30's who we might get 4 months out of at best?

I don't necessarily disagree with you about Humphreys. Be a shame to block his pathway given he stepped up well enough when Davis was out for those games.

The only reason I can see for it is that he's that tad more experienced and we were linked in the summer with him and clearly someone McKenna rates and probably feels offers better going forward that Humphreys.

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 3992 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:16 - Jan 18 by SomethingBlue

I don't understand the bafflement on this thread – it'd be low-cost, experienced backup for Davis.

I guess that means Williams is done, so yeah it makes sense I guess.

Still cant shake the feeling of being underwhelmed, but trust in McKenna
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:22 - Jan 18 with 3948 viewsMediocre_Quick

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:19 - Jan 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Could also be a Keoghesque signing where he's coming in to help with Humphires development in that position
Would be a good head to have around the squad, despite his behaviour with Burns
Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:22 - Jan 18 with 3922 viewsElderGrizzly

Marvin Johnson - bid in for him now. on 11:19 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Who did Luongo elbow? lol he was also 30

What does it matter what a player did to our player in one game?

The transfer approach of a child...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024