Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KM planned that, and the players executed it 07:52 - Jan 23 with 4206 viewsGavTWTD

Just feel this morning that it was the plan all the time. We are soft in the first 15 so let them have the first half but keep the score low. Bring on impact impactful subs for the last quarter and overrun their tired defence.

I know this is nothing new really to us but there's no way we could play our full game for 90 minutes. Not sure what our plan was for Leeds but Davis was much more defensively minded and we chose Travis/Luongo over Taylor. I really didn't think Mass would complete the game given his injury.

We have a really strong bench of 10s and we need to keep the faith. I desperately hope we get a couple of 9s in just to give Kieran as many options as possible to win games.

We've learnt from Leeds so we shouldn't fear the season end if it looks like it being extended. And for now I'm watching the second half again. 73'.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

KM planned that, and the players executed it on 17:14 - Jan 23 with 534 viewsCheltenham_Blue

KM planned that, and the players executed it on 12:35 - Jan 23 by GavTWTD

Or score more.

It would be an interesting question to KM.really. does he value clean sheets.or are goals against likely because of the way we play (especially down the left) so he'd prefer more goals rather than clean sheets.

"It would be an interesting question to KM.really. does he value clean sheets.or are goals against likely because of the way we play (especially down the left) so he'd prefer more goals rather than clean sheets."

Why are you asking us? Just ask Phil when you bring him his Cocoa tonight.

[Post edited 23 Jan 17:14]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

KM planned that, and the players executed it on 17:42 - Jan 23 with 488 viewsVegtablue

I thought we tried to play our game in the 1st half but couldn't find the quality or space; all credit to Leicester's highly aggressive and organised press. Far from a comfortable period for us.
KM planned that, and the players executed it on 17:47 - Jan 23 with 477 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

KM planned that, and the players executed it on 17:42 - Jan 23 by Vegtablue

I thought we tried to play our game in the 1st half but couldn't find the quality or space; all credit to Leicester's highly aggressive and organised press. Far from a comfortable period for us.

yeah exactly how I saw it. Thought it was going to end up a Leeds type score if they could keep that up, but thankfully they couldn't (and they rather wasted the chances they had in that period).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

KM planned that, and the players executed it on 17:58 - Jan 23 with 462 viewsFrimleyBlue

KM planned that, and the players executed it on 17:42 - Jan 23 by Vegtablue

Not quite

We kept our two cms deep and kept davis back

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

KM planned that, and the players executed it on 18:15 - Jan 23 with 438 viewsjasondozzell

Excellent post. I think you're right and other posters comments about the changes and fitness.

The front 3 changing on 60-65 has been a hallmark of Kmac's tenure from the very beginning. It's not just that energy and impetus, it's that he's managed to keep those players involved and part of the tactical units just as much as starters. They all know the movements and patterns so well. I can imagine in some squads you've got good players on the bench but they are coming on in the hope of some individual flair whereas we are a well oiled machine.

I wonder how we do so well with fitness. I don't think I've ever seen us outrun. It's not just the physical side. We are willing to suffer and we keep up the quality of the moment alongside the energy. We relish the last 20 as other teams are beginning to wilt.

The other thing that is scary is we seem to have gears. When we want to really commit and go for it we are like whirling dervishes.

I thought Hutch, Sarmiento, and Broady all showed bravery to try things and beat their man but it's always at the right time.

Taylor definitely made a difference too.

It's controlled aggression. It must be knackering to play against.
KM planned that, and the players executed it on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 396 viewsRe_User

Great post Gav, and the comments have summed up everything I thought in the moment last night. I don’t think I’ve ever been so impressed by a set of tactics in my life, the formation was so fluid, at points during the first half we went from a 4–2-3-1 to a 6-3-1 in seconds, depending if we had the ball or not.

In the last ten, I’m pretty sure we played 4-6-0 like 2012 Spain. Genuinely mind-blowing.
KM planned that, and the players executed it on 19:25 - Jan 23 with 348 viewsVegtablue

KM planned that, and the players executed it on 17:58 - Jan 23 by FrimleyBlue

Not quite

We kept our two cms deep and kept davis back

I thought we were deep on account of the difficulties we had first half with the ball. We struggled to retain it for any period of time and were caught on several occasions inside our own third. Perhaps McKenna was being coy and was actually pleased with the first half, part of the master plan etc., but honestly I believe he was being candid in his interviews and it was a very tough period for us.

It reminded me a lot of our first half struggles against Birmingham, when they pressed us with similar zeal and made us look much worse than we are. We couldn't get up the pitch that day either until after HT, when McKenna was able to reset the team and Birmingham's intensity unsurprisingly fell of a cliff.
[Post edited 23 Jan 19:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024