Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. 17:40 - Jan 23 with 1350 viewsnorfsufblue

And I'm nearly a pensioner!
I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 19:36 - Jan 23 with 1201 viewsMVBlue

Good times. Remember the time this football website changed its banner to These Are The Days? Feels like it again

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 20:51 - Jan 23 with 1093 viewsnorfsufblue

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 19:36 - Jan 23 by MVBlue

Good times. Remember the time this football website changed its banner to These Are The Days? Feels like it again

I've said it before and I'll say it again!...

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:02 - Jan 24 with 929 viewsPioneerBlue

Should be decent crowd too. Not sure if it is on target to sell out but high 25k+ at a guess? Timing, tv all contributing.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:23 - Jan 24 with 887 viewsNeedhamChris

It's sad, but I have such little enthusiasm for this one and probably won't go.

It's either a regulation win or being on the end of a great shock. Neither inspires much excitement.

See what the 5th round brings

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:30 - Jan 24 with 865 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 20:51 - Jan 23 by norfsufblue

I've said it before and I'll say it again!...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:44 - Jan 24 with 829 viewsHerbivore

Fair play to you. I've decided to give it a miss as, no disrespect intended to Maidstone, it's not a game that gets my pulse racing and I can't really justify the extra spending on it. Hopefully a decent crowd and some good entertainment for fans who don't usually get to go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:45 - Jan 24 with 823 viewsBluespeed225

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:23 - Jan 24 by NeedhamChris

It's sad, but I have such little enthusiasm for this one and probably won't go.

It's either a regulation win or being on the end of a great shock. Neither inspires much excitement.

See what the 5th round brings

Footy day out, don’t matter who against. For those of us who work a lot of match days it’s a bonus!
I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:50 - Jan 24 with 810 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:44 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

Fair play to you. I've decided to give it a miss as, no disrespect intended to Maidstone, it's not a game that gets my pulse racing and I can't really justify the extra spending on it. Hopefully a decent crowd and some good entertainment for fans who don't usually get to go.

I'm with you on the extra spending. Costs me around £40 to get to Portman Road, before you factor in drinks/food etc., so when I can just pop into the lounge and switch on BBC 1 it's very difficult to justify it for Maidstone.

Sounds like it'll be a decent atmosphere though, and when I switch on it'll feel a bit odd not being there.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:56 - Jan 24 with 796 viewsBbmaj

Same! Feels like the cup has regained it’s sparkle, after years of seeing reserves get beat on first showing.

The ticketing situation this year means getting two decent seats together is really challenging, however on Saturday we willl sit/stand in the SBR lower for the first time in…. I don’t even remember. Certainly pre McKenna.

I’m also not sure when I last went to a lunchtime kickoff, so slightly challenged by travel logistics and scheduling - I have a 250+ mile round trip and normal routines for lunch not viable. Worst case, we will just feed on the atmosphere 😉

I think the team will be almost impossible to predict - might have to protect Jackson as our only current recognised striker and I’m sure some of the fringe players will get a start. Sarmiento up front? Aluko one of the 10s. Humphrey and Travis middle (more like humph LB). Give Tuanzebe the minutes he craves…

Up the Town.
I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 08:34 - Jan 24 with 721 viewsTractorgirlforever

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 07:50 - Jan 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm with you on the extra spending. Costs me around £40 to get to Portman Road, before you factor in drinks/food etc., so when I can just pop into the lounge and switch on BBC 1 it's very difficult to justify it for Maidstone.

Sounds like it'll be a decent atmosphere though, and when I switch on it'll feel a bit odd not being there.

I will be going to the game,which means for me a 2 night hotel stay since its been changed to a 12.30 kick off. If it was 3pm then 1 night hotel wouldve been ok. Its a 3 hour trip for me and i cant drive in the dark so because of the timing of the match it changes all my plans, same as the norwich match in december, that was a 2 night stay so its been quite a costly season so far!.. at least ive got a really good seat for £10 and i get to see my beloved ipswich town!.. its all worth it!
I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 08:58 - Jan 24 with 661 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 08:34 - Jan 24 by Tractorgirlforever

I will be going to the game,which means for me a 2 night hotel stay since its been changed to a 12.30 kick off. If it was 3pm then 1 night hotel wouldve been ok. Its a 3 hour trip for me and i cant drive in the dark so because of the timing of the match it changes all my plans, same as the norwich match in december, that was a 2 night stay so its been quite a costly season so far!.. at least ive got a really good seat for £10 and i get to see my beloved ipswich town!.. its all worth it!

Not sure why you'd need 2 nights in a hotel when the game finishes at 2.30pm?!
But fair play to you, my other half would be asking questions if I was booking 2 nights in a hotel for a game I could watch on BBC1 for free!

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 09:27 - Jan 24 with 607 viewsTractorgirlforever

I'm buzzing like a ten year old for Saturday.. on 08:58 - Jan 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not sure why you'd need 2 nights in a hotel when the game finishes at 2.30pm?!
But fair play to you, my other half would be asking questions if I was booking 2 nights in a hotel for a game I could watch on BBC1 for free!

The game finishes at 2.30...3 oclock by the time im back to my car, with traffic 6.30 before i would be home and its dark by 5pm at this time of year. I have an eye issue which prevents me from driving in the dark.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024