Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead 13:21 - Jan 27 with 3352 viewsDublinBlue84

Has there ever been such a drop-off in performances from a Town player over such a short space of time?

Or did he just have a purple patch during 2023 and now is back to his level?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Broadhead on 13:27 - Jan 27 with 2481 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good question. I’m not sure what he was like before last season, but since about October he’s looked a shadow of his former self. He even took the ball off Taylor’s toes just before we conceded. Taylor would have had the whole goal to aim at from 10 yards out - almost certainly a goal denying interception from Broady.

We’ve got more than enough to win this of course, but they need a rocket up their arses. Aluko needs to come off. I’m not sure what happens to Broady - we need a physical forward in there as space will be compressed with Maidenhead sitting back. Sarmiento has looked lively; probably the best performer in that half. Chappers on maybe?
[Post edited 27 Jan 13:42]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Broadhead on 13:34 - Jan 27 with 2427 viewsJimmy86

Macaulay Bonne had a similar drop off in performances...

But Broadhead really has been out of form for a long time.. yes he scored against Norwich, but his finishing has really dropped off a cliff!

The one on one in the 1st half was so powderpuff, was the complete opposite to the Maidstone goal, which I have to say was a great finish!
Broadhead on 13:55 - Jan 27 with 2383 viewsJackNorthStand

I think he has lost confidence. Hirsts injury hasn’t helped him either I feel
Broadhead on 14:08 - Jan 27 with 2344 viewsLongLegs

Such a huge fan of the guy but I’m struggling to remember how many touches of the ball he has had this second half. Really struggled
Broadhead on 14:09 - Jan 27 with 2321 viewsSwansea_Blue

Broadhead on 14:08 - Jan 27 by LongLegs

Such a huge fan of the guy but I’m struggling to remember how many touches of the ball he has had this second half. Really struggled

I’m very surprised he’s stayed on and our MOTM up to that point was taken off. Broady’s not been in the game at all.

Broadhead on 14:09 - Jan 27 with 2323 viewsDublinBlue84

Broadhead on 14:08 - Jan 27 by LongLegs

If this was a league match I'd be asking questions why he hasn't been subbed and instead we've subbed two widemen who offered far more.

But since it's a cup match, I'll give McKenna benefit of the doubt.
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:10]

Broadhead on 14:23 - Jan 27 with 2230 viewskeighleyblue

Taylor not great either
Broadhead on 14:28 - Jan 27 with 2173 viewsDublinBlue84

Broadhead on 14:23 - Jan 27 by keighleyblue

Taylor not great either

He's been poor, but Broadhead has been so bad for so long it's a serious, serious issue.

If he starts over some of our other wide players the next match, said players should be beating down McKenna's door and saying that it is absolutely not right and totally unfair.

Broadhead is out of chances, he's been too bad for too long, and the axe from him out of our first eleven has to happen. Otherwise it's a serious risk to the morale of the other wide players.

We can't have passengers and carry players and Broadhead has been carried for too long. It's time to pick people on form rather than reputation and past history and that means Broadhead MUST be out.
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:31]

Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead on 14:28 - Jan 27 with 2164 viewsKievthegreat

Gary Roberts and Jimmy Bullard are by far the biggest drop-offs in my lifetime. Extra galling in that the drop-offs corresponded with actually signing permanently.
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:29]
Broadhead on 14:31 - Jan 27 with 2077 viewscressi

Bloo** awful Aluko soo slow Taylor 1.5 million looked like he came from poundland don't even talk about Broadhead.
Broadhead on 14:32 - Jan 27 with 2047 viewsWonnorCickhamm

Broadhead has been woefully bad for an unacceptable amount of time.

Poll: When Walton is fit, who would you start?

Broadhead on 14:34 - Jan 27 with 2002 viewsBuffaloBill

He's not a fuc king striker, dumb clowns on here that state otherwise, seriously

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Broadhead on 14:35 - Jan 27 with 1979 viewsDublinBlue84

Broadhead on 14:34 - Jan 27 by BuffaloBill

He's not a fuc king striker, dumb clowns on here that state otherwise, seriously

He's been dreadful for months, wherever he has played.

Broadhead on 14:35 - Jan 27 with 1973 viewsBluecasp

Broadhead on 14:32 - Jan 27 by WonnorCickhamm

Broadhead has been woefully bad for an unacceptable amount of time.

Broadhead's decision making seems all over the place. Tackled Taylor in the first half when he was about to tap it in. Mind you, Taylor was just as bad, brings very little to the team.
Broadhead on 14:36 - Jan 27 with 1946 viewsreusersfreekicks

Broadhead on 14:09 - Jan 27 by Swansea_Blue

I’m very surprised he’s stayed on and our MOTM up to that point was taken off. Broady’s not been in the game at all.

Him and Taylor were awful
Broadhead on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 1928 viewsDublinBlue84

Broadhead on 14:35 - Jan 27 by Bluecasp

Broadhead's decision making seems all over the place. Tackled Taylor in the first half when he was about to tap it in. Mind you, Taylor was just as bad, brings very little to the team.

if Harness, Jeremy and Omari can't get in the team in the next few weeks, then they should be banging down the managers door.

Broadhead on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 1901 viewspointofblue

Broadhead on 14:35 - Jan 27 by Bluecasp

Taylor didn't today, but he was really good at Leicester.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Broadhead on 14:38 - Jan 27 with 1879 viewscressi

Then bloo*y buy 1/2
Cause Jackson ain't a striker either a headless chicken.
Broadhead on 14:39 - Jan 27 with 1852 viewspointofblue

Broadhead on 14:38 - Jan 27 by cressi

Then bloo*y buy 1/2

Jackson is ten times the player than Broadhead is at the moment.

Broadhead on 14:39 - Jan 27 with 1846 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s obviously not. I’ve got no idea why KM thinks he can play there as the focal point for leading the line and being the target for high balls. As a false 9 dropping deep to pick up the ball and release runners, then yes I’m sure he could do that.

KM obviously knows what he’s doing though, but I don’t understand it in this case (genuinely, I would like to know why he thinks Broady can lead the line).

Broadhead on 14:40 - Jan 27 with 1822 viewsDublinBlue84

Broadhead on 14:38 - Jan 27 by cressi

Then bloo*y buy 1/2

Neither Jackson or Broadhead are anywhere near good enough as a striker.

Jackson is not good enough for Championship as a striker, we saw that first time around when we first bought him.

Broadhead isn't a striker, but then again on current form he's barely a footballer.

Broadhead on 14:41 - Jan 27 with 1796 viewsJuggsy

Broadhead reminds me of one of those movies where you wake up in someone else’s body. Clearly swapped it with a non footballer as his footballing brain seems to have totally deserted him.
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:43]
Broadhead on 14:56 - Jan 27 with 1694 viewsJimmy86

Broadhead on 14:37 - Jan 27 by DublinBlue84

if Harness, Jeremy and Omari can't get in the team in the next few weeks, then they should be banging down the managers door.

Have no idea why McKenna took off Hutchinson and Sarmiento, unless Hutch had a knock.. they were causing Maidstone problems...
Broadhead on 15:16 - Jan 27 with 1567 viewsGlasgowBlue

He was superb for Sunderland in the previous season. Helped get them up.

However, his form dropped after the last international break which was nearly three months ago.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Broadhead on 15:18 - Jan 27 with 1530 viewspointofblue

Broadhead on 14:56 - Jan 27 by Jimmy86

Have no idea why McKenna took off Hutchinson and Sarmiento, unless Hutch had a knock.. they were causing Maidstone problems...

Hutchinson for Burns I get, and Burns was causing Maidstone as many problems at Hutchinson did in the second half.

Buabo for Sarmiento instead of Broadhead... no, don't get that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024