Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shots 22:06 - Jan 27 with 574 viewsDavoIPB

Despite having 38 shots today almost all of them were from distance or looping headers. Aluko should have scored when 6yrds out and broadhead when one on one apart from that we didn't really create much.
Hutch, fridge and sarmiento we really good. Everybody else awful.

Two strikers please.
Shots on 00:30 - Jan 28 with 441 viewspointofblue

Interestingly xG thought we should have scored five goals today. Not sure how. The only likely goal to me seemed Broadhead messing up the one on one.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Shots on 01:08 - Jan 28 with 413 viewsVegtablue

Shots on 00:30 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

Interestingly xG thought we should have scored five goals today. Not sure how. The only likely goal to me seemed Broadhead messing up the one on one.

Fridge had a glorious free header about six yards out that he ingloriously skimmed wide. Broadhead had the quick-fire volley from two yards out at the beginning, which was well saved. Aluko's stop and scuff would have carried a good xG as well I think, on top of the one v one you mention. Lastly, Burns had a presentable opportunity from the angle when he slammed it wide, and I can't remember if the goalmouth scramble near the end contained a good chance missed. Otherwise, a large number of 0.05-0.2 xG shots, all of which contributed to an overall xG of 3.35 on the main sites, compared to Maidstone's 0.52. The match analysts recorded 6 big chances for us and 2 for them. For the dominance we had, we must be disappointed we didn't create more clear-cut opportunities, but it wasn't a lack of easy opportunities that cost us IMO. We were just so wasteful with the better chances and they were very lucky or their keeper very good for the harder ones, some of which were well struck.

Edit: I've just seen flashscore 'awarded' us 5.06 xG and Maidstone 0.9. I haven't reviewed their stats before, so can't say which analysts carry more weight.
[Post edited 28 Jan 1:29]
Shots on 01:40 - Jan 28 with 369 viewsVegtablue

Shots on 01:08 - Jan 28 by Vegtablue

Fridge had a glorious free header about six yards out that he ingloriously skimmed wide. Broadhead had the quick-fire volley from two yards out at the beginning, which was well saved. Aluko's stop and scuff would have carried a good xG as well I think, on top of the one v one you mention. Lastly, Burns had a presentable opportunity from the angle when he slammed it wide, and I can't remember if the goalmouth scramble near the end contained a good chance missed. Otherwise, a large number of 0.05-0.2 xG shots, all of which contributed to an overall xG of 3.35 on the main sites, compared to Maidstone's 0.52. The match analysts recorded 6 big chances for us and 2 for them. For the dominance we had, we must be disappointed we didn't create more clear-cut opportunities, but it wasn't a lack of easy opportunities that cost us IMO. We were just so wasteful with the better chances and they were very lucky or their keeper very good for the harder ones, some of which were well struck.

Edit: I've just seen flashscore 'awarded' us 5.06 xG and Maidstone 0.9. I haven't reviewed their stats before, so can't say which analysts carry more weight.
[Post edited 28 Jan 1:29]

And Fotmob saw it 3.76 v 0.85 xG, so many appear to have done their own thing for this match (perhaps because Opta didn't cover it). Fotmob's xGOT, post-shot analysis of goal probabilities, was 4.23 v 1.29, which is testament to how well their goalie played.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024