Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Road atmosphere proposal 20:36 - Feb 3 with 1354 viewsChrisAllen7

I live in Stockholm and my team here are Hammarby. They have some of the most vocal supporters in Europe believe it or not.
The main reason for being so loud is that the fans that travel to away games all sit together in the "klack" at home. Same faces same passion.

The Alf Ramsey stand at Portman road is stylistically ideal for the singers to be. The upper stand is really deep, making the noise travel far bouncing off the roof. Being right next to the away fans too adds to the excitement and passion.

My idea would be this.

Offer all Ipswich town season ticket holders that hold more than 10+ away points from this season to sit in the Alf Ramsey upper and also a discounted price. This would encourage fans to move and rewards them for their loyalty travelling. We all want noise and to be the 12th man for the club. Imagine A Blocks flags flying in there it would be incredible.
It gives those 2000 - 4000 that travel far and wide to stand with each other week in week out.

Thoughts...?
[Post edited 3 Feb 20:37]
Portman Road atmosphere proposal on 20:41 - Feb 3 with 1295 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Not sure there'd be a huge uptake, people who have sat in SBR for years, or do so with family, would be reluctant I think.
It also reduces the number of younger fans that can attend, as they can't sit in SARL OR SBRL, so taking upper tier seats would limit that too.

I'm all for trying things, but sadly, as much as I think this would be good, I don't see it taking off
Portman Road atmosphere proposal on 20:46 - Feb 3 with 1257 viewsChrisAllen7

Portman Road atmosphere proposal on 20:41 - Feb 3 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Not sure there'd be a huge uptake, people who have sat in SBR for years, or do so with family, would be reluctant I think.
It also reduces the number of younger fans that can attend, as they can't sit in SARL OR SBRL, so taking upper tier seats would limit that too.

I'm all for trying things, but sadly, as much as I think this would be good, I don't see it taking off

I see your point, but it's simply selecting a new section of the stadium to be a family area. I understand nobody likes change in the beginning but everyone is screaming out for a better more passionate atmosphere.
Nobody liked the new Super blues membership, away point system at the start of the season but you get on with it. After half a season I feel personally people would love it.

Simply put if you want to stand sing and shout all match go to the largest stand and make the rest of the stadium family friendly
Portman Road atmosphere proposal on 20:51 - Feb 3 with 1224 viewsSwansea_Blue

When my missus worked in Stockholm, I always kept my eye open for a Hammarby game but the timings never worked out. She lived in Södermalm, so right next door really. That was in about 2012-14, so probably just about the time they were changing grounds. The new arena looks amazing from the outside but I’ve never been in.

Not a bad idea on making a group. I imagine there are plenty in the noisier parts of SBR who don’t travel, but there’s probably enough room for them as well. If/when safe standing comes in, probably with a revamp of the Cobbold stand, that’s another opportunity to get likeminded noisy fans together.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Portman Road atmosphere proposal on 19:20 - Feb 4 with 791 viewsChrisAllen7

Portman Road atmosphere proposal on 20:51 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

When my missus worked in Stockholm, I always kept my eye open for a Hammarby game but the timings never worked out. She lived in Södermalm, so right next door really. That was in about 2012-14, so probably just about the time they were changing grounds. The new arena looks amazing from the outside but I’ve never been in.

Not a bad idea on making a group. I imagine there are plenty in the noisier parts of SBR who don’t travel, but there’s probably enough room for them as well. If/when safe standing comes in, probably with a revamp of the Cobbold stand, that’s another opportunity to get likeminded noisy fans together.

Such a shame you didn't get the chance to go. If you ever find yourself back in Stockholm give me a ping and I'll sort you tickets.

I agree, offer to those in SBR too. Everyone who travels consistently contributes to tremendous atmospheres away from home. It would be a game changer!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024