Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali Al-Hamadi 12:25 - Feb 7 with 1799 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Watched this podcast last night and it's a really good podcast - well worth a listen.

He comes across as a really good lad and very grounded for a 21 year old too.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Ali Al-Hamadi on 12:45 - Feb 7 with 1675 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Just to add, but I find his mindset incredible. The way he's prepared to do those extras off the pitch, the way he invests in himself, the way he believes in himself, but also how he's not afraid to look up to those who are better than him, and simply apply that to his game.

Really hope it works out for him here and I can see why this is the type of profile McKenna and co were after.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Ali Al-Hamadi on 13:17 - Feb 7 with 1532 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ali Al-Hamadi on 12:45 - Feb 7 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Just to add, but I find his mindset incredible. The way he's prepared to do those extras off the pitch, the way he invests in himself, the way he believes in himself, but also how he's not afraid to look up to those who are better than him, and simply apply that to his game.

Really hope it works out for him here and I can see why this is the type of profile McKenna and co were after.

I would expect all highly paid professional sports people to have those mindset attributes, so I couldn't describe it as incredible.

…..I appreciate that's not always the case though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ali Al-Hamadi on 13:30 - Feb 7 with 1470 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Ali Al-Hamadi on 13:17 - Feb 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would expect all highly paid professional sports people to have those mindset attributes, so I couldn't describe it as incredible.

…..I appreciate that's not always the case though.

You'd be surprised. I've listened to a lot of podcasts whether they're pro's or ex pro's and they're not all the same when it comes to mindset and applying themselves.

I think the vast majority would come out and say that they'd want to test themselves and play at the highest level, but what are they doing different to get to that?

Ali Al-Hamadi on 14:27 - Feb 7 with 1242 viewsGavTWTD

Ali Al-Hamadi on 13:30 - Feb 7 by IPSWICHFANITFC

You'd be surprised. I've listened to a lot of podcasts whether they're pro's or ex pro's and they're not all the same when it comes to mindset and applying themselves.

I think the vast majority would come out and say that they'd want to test themselves and play at the highest level, but what are they doing different to get to that?

I have this opinion based on absolutely nothing at all that a lot of premiership players think they've made it and no further coaching required. I'm sure that's not true at all, but you do have to wonder if they'd take advice from a young coach who hadn't "done it" at that level. But that's for another thread.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024