Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 9 games 10:55 - Feb 8 with 2025 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Until the international break.

West Brom (H)
Millwall (A)
Swansea (A)
Rotherham (H)
Birmingham (H)
Plymouth (A)
Bristol City (H)
Cardiff (A)
Sheffield Wednesday (H)

There's a really good run of fixtures - especially our home games after a tricky game against West Brom. I'm not sure what to expect points wise as I did think we'd beat Preston and most of the next 9 are mid table sides (like Preston), but the second half at Preston was a lot more positive and hopefully we can transfer that into our next run of games and pick up some momentum and regain form.

Some long away trips which could go against us on the day, but we will see.
[Post edited 8 Feb 10:56]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Next 9 games on 11:06 - Feb 8 with 1943 viewstractorboy1978

We got 20 points from those in the reverse fixtures. If we can manage that again then we are going to be around the top 2 at the end of it.
Next 9 games on 11:18 - Feb 8 with 1875 viewsCaptainAhab

Yep time to go on a run!
A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 11:25 - Feb 8 with 1837 viewsunstableblue

We’d go into Millwall away in front of a bouncing away end in confidence.

Lose on Saturday and it’s three on the bounce, and Maidstone starts to look more than a freak blip.

I’ll keep saying it it’ll be fine margins Saturday and we need some really raw backing from the lower North and surrounding stands to really boost the boys.

I wonder if he’ll start Travis to try and strengthen the team and press.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Next 9 games on 12:25 - Feb 8 with 1692 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Nine honking great wins, each more spectacular than the last.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 14:08 - Feb 8 with 1476 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 11:25 - Feb 8 by unstableblue

Lose on Saturday and it’s three on the bounce, and Maidstone starts to look more than a freak blip.

I’ll keep saying it it’ll be fine margins Saturday and we need some really raw backing from the lower North and surrounding stands to really boost the boys.

They haven't been great results wise away from home losing 7 of the 14 on their travels, but they've also got the 3rd best defence on the road too.

Looking at their results, they mainly lose by one goal margins when they have lost.

Big game Saturday - I'm going to go for 2-1 Ipswich

I'd like to see Travis and Morsy play together. I'm surprised they didn't in the FA Cup game.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 15:02 - Feb 8 with 1377 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 14:08 - Feb 8 by IPSWICHFANITFC

They haven't been great results wise away from home losing 7 of the 14 on their travels, but they've also got the 3rd best defence on the road too.

Looking at their results, they mainly lose by one goal margins when they have lost.

I'd like to see Travis and Morsy play together. I'm surprised they didn't in the FA Cup game.

I think we’ve got to come out on the front foot, and ideally get the first goal. If we concede early on then the crowd are going to be groaning - not because of entitlement but because slow starts and conceding first seems to be becoming a bad habit. I suspect West Brom are more than aware of this and will be looking to start strongly.

Would like to see Travis start over Mass (love the guy) for the additional grit in midfield. Sarmiento has looked better from the bench - I’m sure he’d love to notch a goal against his old outfit.
Next 9 games on 16:53 - Feb 8 with 1250 viewsWestSussexBlue

West Brom (H) 1-1 Draw
Millwall (A) 1-0 Win
Swansea (A) 2-2 Draw
Rotherham (H) 2-0 Win
Birmingham (H) 2-1 Win
Plymouth (A) 1-1 Draw
Bristol City (H) 3-1 Win
Cardiff (A) 1-2 Loss
Sheffield Wednesday (H) 1-0 Win

18 points.
A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 17:08 - Feb 8 with 1200 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 14:08 - Feb 8 by IPSWICHFANITFC

'I'd like to see Travis and Morsy play together'

Luongo hasn't done anything wrong to get dropped.
Login to get fewer ads

Next 9 games on 17:13 - Feb 8 with 1176 viewsPinewoodblue

All 20 pts over those games does is set us up for the key Easter games, Blackburn away and then two big ones, home to Southampton and away at Carrow Road.

Let’s stick to one game a time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Next 9 games on 17:20 - Feb 8 with 1141 viewsFrimleyBlue

Need a minimum of 6 wins to remain in the fight imo.

6 wins. 2 draws. 1 loss.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 08:05 - Feb 9 with 820 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 17:08 - Feb 8 by Mach_foreignBlue

'I'd like to see Travis and Morsy play together'

Luongo hasn't done anything wrong to get dropped.

It's not a case of Luongo being 'dropped'. I'm a big fan of Luongo and he's in my best starting 11.

But we've got 5 games to play over the next 15 days. It's going to need a squad effort and Luongo isn't going to start every game. Travis is going to play good minutes, especially with Taylor out injured.

I think the Millwall game is more suited for Luongo playing more minutes than tomorrow and personally I'd also want him to have more minutes against Rotherham and Birmingham (need max points from both) so it's about keeping the squad as fresh as we can.

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 08:11 - Feb 9 with 804 viewsCheltenham_Blue

A win over a tricky WBA would set us up very nicely on 11:25 - Feb 8 by unstableblue

Even in a run of poor form, Maidstone will never be more than a 'freak blip', they are a National League South team, are you suggesting we have become poor enough to lose to them? If we play that game 1000 times, we win 999 of them.

The Leeds mauling, (lets be honest it could easily have been 0-6), has hit us harder than we thought, and I think the conceding of early goals is starting to weigh on the team too. We need a thumping win to restore confidence, that may come against Millwall or Rotherham.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Next 9 games on 08:18 - Feb 9 with 779 viewsPioneerBlue

I would say to still be competing top we need to be winning 5-7 from 9 and probably drawing an others. This is what is required to stay with the current pace setters. Much less than that and we will have left too much to do and we will be set for POffs.

Coyb

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024