Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped 14:36 - Feb 10 with 4252 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are to predictable

Morsy and luongo to slow
Burns just pointless in his role
Burgess needs to get back in ASAP for balance
Clarke.. who's decision to let him roam? Fix it, it causes us major problems

2nd half ended well today but even tho we had a better 2nd half period before subs etc we didn't hurt brom at all. They sat. Parked it up and we had no answer despite 2 years of practice.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:03 - Feb 10 with 886 viewsHerbivore

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:41 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

Not bad players. Just not regular top level championship players. It happens. Its a shame it has run its course. But we are just seeing a league 1 side battling now.

Those hero's are becoming stale. Morsy was embarrassed today and he's our skipper.

You can all worship the grass they walk on but I'd rather be honest with player appraisals.

Just piss off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:04 - Feb 10 with 886 viewsDubtractor

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:41 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

Not bad players. Just not regular top level championship players. It happens. Its a shame it has run its course. But we are just seeing a league 1 side battling now.

Those hero's are becoming stale. Morsy was embarrassed today and he's our skipper.

You can all worship the grass they walk on but I'd rather be honest with player appraisals.

Its not about honesty, its the relentless negative takes, every single time we hit a bump. You did it last season, and you're now doing it this season.

Its bloody tedious.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:05 - Feb 10 with 882 viewsHerbivore

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:45 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

It's odd isn't it.

1 win in 9 now and still people ignore quote obvious failings.

Yes we had a great run. We aren't now. So what.. keep going with the same league 1 side and just hope something happens or actually deal with it.

It's almost like you've learnt nothing from last season, or indeed your entire existence.

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:07 - Feb 10 with 876 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:01 - Feb 10 by reusersfreekicks

You seem to be happier to criticize and get points over when we lose than to celebrate our achievments.
Really irritating and bizarre

It's interesting. You're not the first to say that. But then that just shows you've ignored all my positives posts.

I celebrate the wins as much as everyone else. I also celebrate when we score as shown today again.

What I do however is share my views on both sides of the fence whilst others seem to think they win internet prizes by not finding any negatives in anything.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:08 - Feb 10 with 868 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:04 - Feb 10 by Dubtractor

Its not about honesty, its the relentless negative takes, every single time we hit a bump. You did it last season, and you're now doing it this season.

Its bloody tedious.

That's football isn't it.

Let's hope we turn things around as we did last season. That would be great.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:10 - Feb 10 with 858 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:05 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

It's almost like you've learnt nothing from last season, or indeed your entire existence.

Because despite you being told this by other posters. We aren't playing in league 1 and there's nothing being shown compared to this time last year that we are close to going on a run.

But you be you and hide behind your hands if that makes you feel like you've won today.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:13 - Feb 10 with 842 viewsHerbivore

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:10 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

Because despite you being told this by other posters. We aren't playing in league 1 and there's nothing being shown compared to this time last year that we are close to going on a run.

But you be you and hide behind your hands if that makes you feel like you've won today.

Okay mate, let me look back on your posts from a year ago after Bristol Rovers away where I'm sure you were predicting we were about to go on a record breaking run. Here's a spoiler for you, you were pissing your pants all over the forum in much the same vein as you are now.

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:20 - Feb 10 with 822 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:13 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Okay mate, let me look back on your posts from a year ago after Bristol Rovers away where I'm sure you were predicting we were about to go on a record breaking run. Here's a spoiler for you, you were pissing your pants all over the forum in much the same vein as you are now.

Feel free you'll also see many many posters saying the same after that result. But you concentrate on one if that makes you feel big etc.

And no I didn't expect it. But with 4 new signings there was hope by all. And it took a massive Wednesday collapse for us to get promoted which people forget too.

But anyway, you seem quick to poke at negative thoughts.. but what are you actual thoughts on individual player performances or are you to scared to be honest incase it upsets erm your online reputation?

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:22 - Feb 10 with 818 viewspointofblue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:10 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

"... and there's nothing being shown compared to this time last year that we are close to going on a run."

You're rewriting history. If anything, we were playing worse at this point last season than we are now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:28 - Feb 10 with 797 viewsHerbivore

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:20 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

Feel free you'll also see many many posters saying the same after that result. But you concentrate on one if that makes you feel big etc.

And no I didn't expect it. But with 4 new signings there was hope by all. And it took a massive Wednesday collapse for us to get promoted which people forget too.

But anyway, you seem quick to poke at negative thoughts.. but what are you actual thoughts on individual player performances or are you to scared to be honest incase it upsets erm your online reputation?

"It wasn't just me who was wrong" isn't the defence you think it is.

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:29 - Feb 10 with 791 viewsRyorry

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:07 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

It's interesting. You're not the first to say that. But then that just shows you've ignored all my positives posts.

I celebrate the wins as much as everyone else. I also celebrate when we score as shown today again.

What I do however is share my views on both sides of the fence whilst others seem to think they win internet prizes by not finding any negatives in anything.

The problem is that you completely ignore your “positives posts” almost always include a negative side-swipe - so your positives don’t come across as whole- hearted.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:38 - Feb 10 with 768 viewsIpswich_Crazy

You're completely clueless! it's a point gained as we came from a losing position.

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:42 - Feb 10 with 765 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:22 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

"... and there's nothing being shown compared to this time last year that we are close to going on a run."

You're rewriting history. If anything, we were playing worse at this point last season than we are now.

Like I said to herbz. We had 4 new players who improved the squad that had already had a solid season.

This Jan. We've covered players but I don't feel there's improvement in the signings compared to the side that took is into the Jan window.

But we shall we. It would be nice to see the signed players playing from the off together esp when many others are off form.

We might go on a run we might not. But I Don't see why some are intent on just fishing for uppies.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:44 - Feb 10 with 760 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:28 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

"It wasn't just me who was wrong" isn't the defence you think it is.

It's not intended as a defence I don't care. That game was sht.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:45 - Feb 10 with 757 viewsHerbivore

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:42 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

Like I said to herbz. We had 4 new players who improved the squad that had already had a solid season.

This Jan. We've covered players but I don't feel there's improvement in the signings compared to the side that took is into the Jan window.

But we shall we. It would be nice to see the signed players playing from the off together esp when many others are off form.

We might go on a run we might not. But I Don't see why some are intent on just fishing for uppies.

Moore, Sarmiento, Travis, and Al-Hamadi is at least as good a window as Hirst, Broadhead, Luongo and Clarke. All of them have played regular football, three quality players at this level at least and the other a top prospect. Luongo hadn't kicked a ball last season, Hirst had barely featured at Blackburn, and Broadhead was in and out at Wigan.

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:45 - Feb 10 with 757 viewspointofblue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:42 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

I think most were concerned that Clarke was a relatively expensive gamble, Luongo a massive injury risk and Hirst someone whose goal-scoring record was a worry. IIRC the only one there was full confidence about was Broadhead.

They clicked, it worked, but again I'd still argue you're re-writing history if you think we were all sitting back, relaxed, expecting them to click and for us to go on a brilliant run after the draw at Bristol Rovers.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:45 - Feb 10 with 756 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:38 - Feb 10 by Ipswich_Crazy

You're completely clueless! it's a point gained as we came from a losing position.

We started the game 0-0 crazy. Bless you.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:57 - Feb 10 with 728 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:45 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Moore, Sarmiento, Travis, and Al-Hamadi is at least as good a window as Hirst, Broadhead, Luongo and Clarke. All of them have played regular football, three quality players at this level at least and the other a top prospect. Luongo hadn't kicked a ball last season, Hirst had barely featured at Blackburn, and Broadhead was in and out at Wigan.

Well done on listing them herbz.

You've failed to appreciate the differences however.

We signed improvement last Jan. Broadhead over harness. Clarke over donacien. Hirst over Jackson.
Luongo fit was always an improvement on.. who was it then ball? Can't remember I know Evans got injured.

This window. We've added moore who covers for hirst.
We've added sarmiento.. is he an improvement on broadhead? We don't know yet.
Travis... I like him. We've not seen him. Cover or improvement? Al hamadi does however look vastly improved on Jackson. But that's what 15 mins of football so far.

So we will see.

I'm still hopeful. I love moore and if we get our acts together I think we can do it. But we need massive improvements from all especially the new 'legends' like Burns. Morsy who've been awful recently.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 17:02 - Feb 10 with 722 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 16:45 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

We started the game 0-0 crazy. Bless you.

You know what he meant so no need to be a patronising smart arse.
At the start of the season most of us would have taken a top half position. We over performed and had the run of the ball.
So context is required.
But no you hang the players out to dry and throw in a negative about last year's promtion which was with a massive points total.
I can only attribute your posting to some kind of dysfunctional attention seeking characteristic.
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 17:33 - Feb 10 with 693 viewsChurchman

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:35 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

I'm intrigued to know how you disagree with any of what I said.. genuinely.

It’s not about necessarily disagreeing what you say, but there’s rarely context or balance. I probably don’t have as good a view as you, having only watched live. Just home so not seen any reports or comments. My take on the game I saw is:

WBA were efficient, compact, big and strong. When the counter attacked they did so with purpose. In the first half we were wasteful, a bit sloppy and failed to take heed of the threat from the left side several times before they scored.

Albion did what all teams do against us. Intense high press from the off. As usual it worked. Teams also know how to negate Lladky’s playing out from the back.

Second half we were better. Get the ball on target. Broadhead did. Then in dominating the game, another goal gifted. It was so disappointing.

But we stuck at it played some good stuff, deserved that equaliser and had we won it at the end, we’d have deserved that too.

We are a good team for whom things are not going quite right at the moment, but like last season we are close. Albion’s goalkeeper was outstanding and the difference between him and Lladky was noticeable to me. If I was to change anything I would put Walton in. In my opinion he’s a better keeper and for me that’s more important than his better passing ability.

On the upside, Moore did everything that could be asked of him. The players are still getting used to him and when they do, goals will come including from Chaplin who was as unlucky in the second half as his goal attempt was poor in the first.

Luongo looked off it a bit as did Burns but the latter carried a threat, but Morsy was excellent and was unlucky with the howitzer shot. Clarke, who gets pelters from some on here, makes the odd mistake but is wholehearted and the opposition don’t like his physicality. He’s a lot to learn, but for me he’s an asset. Hutchinson. A real threat. Only a glimpse of Humphreys, but heck, he can play. Growing up physically too.

Overall, excellent game, we went at them, kept going. Are we as good as the top three? Of course not at the moment, but there’s time yet. West Brom were good but looked mighty relieved at the end.

The crowd - excellent. The officials - dreadful.

Ok we didn’t win, but it was a really entertaining game.
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 17:39 - Feb 10 with 684 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 17:33 - Feb 10 by Churchman

It’s not about necessarily disagreeing what you say, but there’s rarely context or balance. I probably don’t have as good a view as you, having only watched live. Just home so not seen any reports or comments. My take on the game I saw is:

WBA were efficient, compact, big and strong. When the counter attacked they did so with purpose. In the first half we were wasteful, a bit sloppy and failed to take heed of the threat from the left side several times before they scored.

Albion did what all teams do against us. Intense high press from the off. As usual it worked. Teams also know how to negate Lladky’s playing out from the back.

Second half we were better. Get the ball on target. Broadhead did. Then in dominating the game, another goal gifted. It was so disappointing.

But we stuck at it played some good stuff, deserved that equaliser and had we won it at the end, we’d have deserved that too.

We are a good team for whom things are not going quite right at the moment, but like last season we are close. Albion’s goalkeeper was outstanding and the difference between him and Lladky was noticeable to me. If I was to change anything I would put Walton in. In my opinion he’s a better keeper and for me that’s more important than his better passing ability.

On the upside, Moore did everything that could be asked of him. The players are still getting used to him and when they do, goals will come including from Chaplin who was as unlucky in the second half as his goal attempt was poor in the first.

Luongo looked off it a bit as did Burns but the latter carried a threat, but Morsy was excellent and was unlucky with the howitzer shot. Clarke, who gets pelters from some on here, makes the odd mistake but is wholehearted and the opposition don’t like his physicality. He’s a lot to learn, but for me he’s an asset. Hutchinson. A real threat. Only a glimpse of Humphreys, but heck, he can play. Growing up physically too.

Overall, excellent game, we went at them, kept going. Are we as good as the top three? Of course not at the moment, but there’s time yet. West Brom were good but looked mighty relieved at the end.

The crowd - excellent. The officials - dreadful.

Ok we didn’t win, but it was a really entertaining game.

That's a lot of words then you lost me when you said burns was a threat. Jeez if that's a threat then no wonder you lot bow down to him. And morsy excellent. Wtf.

No wonder you lot get worked up about negative views when you call that performance from those two threatening and excellent.

Waka waka eh eh

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 18:03 - Feb 10 with 643 viewsChurchman

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 17:39 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

That's a lot of words then you lost me when you said burns was a threat. Jeez if that's a threat then no wonder you lot bow down to him. And morsy excellent. Wtf.

No wonder you lot get worked up about negative views when you call that performance from those two threatening and excellent.

Yes, too many words on my part. Apologies to those that had to endure them.

Yet for you to make a comment like that having made about 18 posts on this one thread alone is, how can I put this, …..ironic? Hypocritical? Odd? Wierd? Whatever.

I offered a view as somebody who was there and sat only five rows from the front. It’s not the grandstand view you get from your 55 inch tv, but it is a perspective. After I’ve seen the game back, I may revise my view, especially on the goalkeeper on whom I may or may not be being harsh, since mine was a side view.

Yes, Morsy, especially second half, was excellent - in my view.

Oh, and for the record I don't ‘bow down’ to anybody. Lastly, I don’t think anyone gets ‘worked up’ about negative views, but in my view they tend to carry more weight if they are balanced and in context.
[Post edited 10 Feb 18:05]
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 18:18 - Feb 10 with 623 viewsBloomBlue

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:51 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

It's true no? Bar moore. It was a lineup we've seen many times in league 1. Well maybe not edmundson.

And we aren't controlling the games with confidence. They are a battle.

It's not meant with ridicule. Just that we are now seeing what we all thought we'd see from season start..

But you're not going to be able to replace the entire squad with championship players in 2 transfer windows.

Plus just because a player was in L1 it doesn't mean they cannot become Championship level or even Prem. Strange that you think all players aren't capable of improving and playing in another league.

If you think that then can I suggest netball is a better sport for you.
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 18:18 - Feb 10 with 622 viewsRobTheMonk

Burgess is deceptively a very good progressive passer. Having a leftie at the back is always nice too.

We can’t seem to get the right balance of the attacking players at the moment from the start. Burns and Chappers are struggling a little bit and Broadhead has been patchy.

But ultimately, we lost Morsy, Bugess and Hirst at crucial times and have suffered.

And we concede a ridiculous amount of early goals lol.
Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 18:21 - Feb 10 with 613 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not a loss. But another 2 points dropped on 15:30 - Feb 10 by _clive_baker_

2 points dropped? They’re every bit as strong as us and they’ve shown that over our 2 games.

Yes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024