Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another 21:10 - Feb 12 with 1680 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

poster dismissed by so many as OTT or unnecessary.

1. That disappoints me in this day and age
2. It’s the kind of response that will make people think twice about making such caring posts, which is unhelpful in itself
3. Who cares if said individual says things we don’t like about FOOTBALL, still a person behind it all

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Is Billm….

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:12 - Feb 12 with 1637 viewsSitfcB

Ah yes we needed yet another thread.

Could’ve just replied to it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Definitely needs yet another thread on 21:13 - Feb 12 with 1611 viewsDyland

And definitely in the Football filter.

Ffs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:14 - Feb 12 with 1599 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:12 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

Ah yes we needed yet another thread.

Could’ve just replied to it.

It’s a subject in its own right that needs to be highlighted relentlessly. I’m pleased you haven’t experienced events that make you realise the importance of this.

Definitely needs yet another thread on 21:16 - Feb 12 with 1575 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Definitely needs yet another thread on 21:13 - Feb 12 by Dyland

And definitely in the Football filter.

Ffs

Don’t care about mental health on here because it’s faceless and ‘we’re lads’?

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:18 - Feb 12 with 1558 viewsSitfcB

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:14 - Feb 12 by John_Warks_Willy

It’s a subject in its own right that needs to be highlighted relentlessly. I’m pleased you haven’t experienced events that make you realise the importance of this.

Experienced plenty.

This is a football Internet forum which shouldn’t be taken so seriously.

Frimmers was a big div, harmless, but a div on the internet who I’m sure is absolutely fine and so unbothered, as he was when he posted.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:22 - Feb 12 with 1523 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:18 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

Experienced plenty.

This is a football Internet forum which shouldn’t be taken so seriously.

Frimmers was a big div, harmless, but a div on the internet who I’m sure is absolutely fine and so unbothered, as he was when he posted.

It shouldn’t be taken seriously, but you will understand from your own experiences that there are times when people take such mindless forums and throwaway comments incredibly seriously. In a way it makes no sense at the time.

I’m not necessarily talking about Frimmers anyway, I just think people need to be careful when dismissing someone’s wellbeing so openly, when - you just don’t really know.

Definitely needs yet another thread on 21:33 - Feb 12 with 1464 viewsN2_Blue

Definitely needs yet another thread on 21:16 - Feb 12 by John_Warks_Willy

Oh give over. I think this forum on the whole is very aware and sympathetic towards mental health and posters are constantly reaching out to offer support and check in on others. I could name at least half a dozen who have openly admitted issues and got support from others on here but won’t name them as that’s not my place to do so.

Frimmers was given advice countless times and many posters even at the end tried to help and he chose to ignore it.

This all seems to be turning into a point scoring exercise now and it’s all getting very silly. Think it’s best for all parties to just move on

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

That’s quite some inference on 21:34 - Feb 12 with 1467 viewsDyland

Definitely needs yet another thread on 21:16 - Feb 12 by John_Warks_Willy

And actually really out of order. Proves a point about most of us not knowing each other. There’s a fvckin reason I only use the Football filter. I’m checking out. No great shakes Willers, probs tired tis all.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:43 - Feb 12 with 1380 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:22 - Feb 12 by John_Warks_Willy

It shouldn’t be taken seriously, but you will understand from your own experiences that there are times when people take such mindless forums and throwaway comments incredibly seriously. In a way it makes no sense at the time.

I’m not necessarily talking about Frimmers anyway, I just think people need to be careful when dismissing someone’s wellbeing so openly, when - you just don’t really know.

All your sympathy seems to be with Frimmers (probably hundreds of anti-Burns posts over the years) and yet I don't see you posting about the mental health of Wes Burns' father (one tweet on the subject). Such weird double standards.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:46 - Feb 12 with 1358 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:43 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

All your sympathy seems to be with Frimmers (probably hundreds of anti-Burns posts over the years) and yet I don't see you posting about the mental health of Wes Burns' father (one tweet on the subject). Such weird double standards.

I was posting about an earlier post concerning Frimmers, and really just the wider point of social media and mental health.

But it’s a fair point you make 👍

That’s quite some inference on 21:49 - Feb 12 with 1347 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

That’s quite some inference on 21:34 - Feb 12 by Dyland

And actually really out of order. Proves a point about most of us not knowing each other. There’s a fvckin reason I only use the Football filter. I’m checking out. No great shakes Willers, probs tired tis all.

Same here, the general reaction just irked me….and I’m no saint on these matters in the past ✌️

Definitely needs yet another thread on 21:50 - Feb 12 with 1324 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Definitely needs yet another thread on 21:33 - Feb 12 by N2_Blue

Oh give over. I think this forum on the whole is very aware and sympathetic towards mental health and posters are constantly reaching out to offer support and check in on others. I could name at least half a dozen who have openly admitted issues and got support from others on here but won’t name them as that’s not my place to do so.

Frimmers was given advice countless times and many posters even at the end tried to help and he chose to ignore it.

This all seems to be turning into a point scoring exercise now and it’s all getting very silly. Think it’s best for all parties to just move on

Fair enough, and great to hear that support exists. I promise I’m not point scoring, and over reacted I’m sure, just something i know everyone - including myself - needs to start thinking about more.

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:51 - Feb 12 with 1324 viewsLankHenners

Will give you the benefit of the doubt as you probably didn't see them due to getting deleted but there's a massive irony in you defending the poster using the mental health angle given how he used to talk about the subject and use it to insult others.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:55 - Feb 12 with 1285 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 21:51 - Feb 12 by LankHenners

Will give you the benefit of the doubt as you probably didn't see them due to getting deleted but there's a massive irony in you defending the poster using the mental health angle given how he used to talk about the subject and use it to insult others.

You are correct, this particular incident I didn’t see.

And I do concede that the other fella should be thought of in all this.

In the cold light of day, the reaction I saw to an earlier post just seemed really harsh and got my goat.

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 23:44 - Feb 12 with 1087 viewsRyorry

That's a gross misrepresentation. Either you haven't bothered to read preceding threads (there are at least four of them still up), or have unfairly chosen to ignore all the context, of which there is plenty from dozens of posters over two days - and much, much more from the 3 years+ before that.

This forum has quite rightly acquired an excellent reputation for both pro-actively & reactively reaching out to support both its members, & anyone in the wider community experiencing mental health issues; as well as promoting education and awareness on the subject generally.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 00:12 - Feb 13 with 1033 viewsJ2BLUE

Log out mate, you're drunk

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 10:03 - Feb 13 with 764 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 00:12 - Feb 13 by J2BLUE

Log out mate, you're drunk

We all have our moments 😉

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 10:05 - Feb 13 with 759 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 23:44 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

That's a gross misrepresentation. Either you haven't bothered to read preceding threads (there are at least four of them still up), or have unfairly chosen to ignore all the context, of which there is plenty from dozens of posters over two days - and much, much more from the 3 years+ before that.

This forum has quite rightly acquired an excellent reputation for both pro-actively & reactively reaching out to support both its members, & anyone in the wider community experiencing mental health issues; as well as promoting education and awareness on the subject generally.

Re your first paragraph, it’s more nuanced than that and not worth mine or your time in diving into that.

Re your second paragraph, that is wonderful to hear.

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 11:17 - Feb 13 with 687 viewsRyorry

Interesting to see a well meaning post concerning the wellbeing of another on 10:05 - Feb 13 by John_Warks_Willy

Re your first paragraph, it’s more nuanced than that and not worth mine or your time in diving into that.

Re your second paragraph, that is wonderful to hear.

I first saw your OP just after you'd posted it, but didn't have time to reply then. Came back to it much later, & whilst I did refresh, I only skim read the replies, including the one of yours just above mine. If I'd read that thoroughly, I'd have written my first para differently, so apols for that👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024